What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for 2007

Leagueguy

Juniors
I know its a long way away and we still have a game next week. But this is always fun to do.

1. Hodges
2. Topou
3. Eastwood
4. Tate
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Petero
9. Ennis
10. Thorn
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Carroll

Interchange
Berrigan
Hannatt
Taylor
Moon

We have a lot of second rowers in Thorn, TC, Carlaw, Thaiday, Parker and Stagg. I also think Berrigan's best position is in the forwards playing off the bench (like in Origin) and Moon would make a good ball playing lock. To be honest I'm not all that happy with the makeup of my forward pack. I can't seem to fit them all into the right positions.

I put Hunt in the halves because I think thats where he wants to be. He's a takeover merchant . He has skills and most importantly some intensity and spark.

Coach: ?????

salivor

First Grade
Leagueguy said:
Coach: ?????

Don't be such a fair-weather so-called supporter.

On a serious note, for next years side just take out Webcke and it'll basically be the same. Yet another season with no serious halfback option (the jury is still out on McConnell) and piss poor signings.

Dazzat

First Grade
Next Year ...

1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Berrigan
5. Tupou
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Thorn
9. Ennis
10. Civ
11. Stagg
12. Thaiday
13. Carroll

14. Taylor
15. Hannant
16. Parker
17. Eastwood

Coach: Salivor.

salivor

First Grade
Dazzat said:
Coach: Salivor.

Missed the point a second time, want to go for a third time, I hear it's a charm but on the flip side I also hear you're a tad dense :thumb

broncoman

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Tupou
6. Lockyer
7. McConnell
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Civoniceva
11. Stagg
12. Thaiday
13. Carroll

14. Taylor
15. Berrigan
16. Parker
17. Thorn
18. Eastwood

miccle

Bench
Broncos:

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Tupou (Kemp pushing for his spot though)
6. Lockyer
7. Perry (give him 10-12 rounds and let McConnell/Green fight him for it)
8. Thaiday
9. Ennis
10. Civoniceva
11. Thorn
12. Stagg
13. Carroll

14. Carlaw
15. Parker
16. Hannant
17. Berrigan

Clydesdales:

1. Nick Parfitt
2. Denan Kemp
3. Jason Moon
4. Jamie Simpson
5. Darius Boyd
6. Ben Green
7. Brent McConnell
8. Dave Taylor
9. Ian Lacey
10. Nick Kenny
11. John Te Reo
12. Greg Eastwood
13. Joel Moon

14. Lachlan Morgan
15. Chris Muckert
16. Lynden Murphy
17. Gideon Mzembe

broncoman

Juniors
i prefer Thaiday as a 2nd Rower, the wider he runs the more effective he is, i believe putting him in the front row wouldnt be great for his attacking game...

salivor

First Grade
But if you play Thaiday in the second row then I think we make the pack too big. I think having a ball playing prop would add a new dimension to our attack, especially when you throw in blokes like Parker, Eastwood and Carroll into the backrow we can get some actual second phase play going.

sheldy

Juniors
salivor said:
But if you play Thaiday in the second row then I think we make the pack too big.

YOU CANT TAKE HIM OUT!!!
hes the only forward that does everything fair-dinkum and has a bit of intensity in his game.
Having him in the run on side will get the other team intimidated.

salivor

First Grade
sheldy said:
YOU CANT TAKE HIM OUT!!!
hes the only forward that does everything fair-dinkum and has a bit of intensity in his game.
Having him in the run on side will get the other team intimidated.

Sure he's been good in the last few games but it's pretty much non-debatable these days that mobility wins over size. We were sold the line at the start of the season that the Broncos would try to become more mobile and we started out with good intentions but as usual come seasons end we're playing with a huge pack consisting of 4 props in the run on side and surprise surprise we get found out by a more mobile Dragons side.

My side for next year would be:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Steve Michaels
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Shane Perry/Brett McConnell
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg/Greg Eastwood
12. Corey Parker
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Greg Eastwood/David Stagg
15. Ben Hannant
16. Brad Thorn
17. Shaun Berrigan

A more mobile pack IMO and yes Michaels at centre as he is listed as being able to play the position on the Broncos site so I wouldn't mind seeing him given a crack as I regard Tate as a winger.

ethos

Live Update Team
01. Karmichael Hunt
02. Steve Michaels
03. Justin Hodges
04. Brent Tate
05. Tame Tupou
06. Darren Lockyer
07. Ben Green
08. Sam Thaiday
09. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Corey Parker
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Brad Thorn
16. Ben Hannant
17. Dane Carlaw

Give Eastwood and Green a full off season training with the top grade squad and we should be sweet.

Dazzat

First Grade
I remember going to the Broncos/Warriors match at Suncorp when Karmichael Hunt made his debut. I thought, what the heck is Bennett doing shafting Motu Tony who the club had bought (at great expense) from the Warriors.

It seemed they just plucked Hunt from obscurity to slot him in at fullback, preferring this 'nobody' to someone with a fair bit of skill and lots of NRL experience. It wasn't too long until Motu Tony was on a plane to the UK.

Don't you love those kinda surprises. I'm looking forward to the next surprise ... hoping it will be some unknown halfback. Round One next year would be good timing.

Big Pete

Referee
Indeed it would be Dazzat.

I was the same way, I couldn't wait for Hunt to come off in that game and I was like how dare he take Tony's spot. I still think it was stupid we released Tony, he was a fine hooker and we could've really used him instead of the likes of Costigan.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just watched the Clydesdales running around in the Grand Final. The best you could say about Ben Green, at this stage anyway, that he was adequate. Joel Moon looks the goods - great left-foot kicking game, strong defender, supports well and good on his feet - but not really a halfback (damnned ... why do halfbacks have to be small - is there any good reason?).

Big Pete

Referee
Agreed.

Green looked too raw for the NRL, give him another season in the QRL. Moon looked good in patches. What surprised me was Michaels, had an absolute shocker of a match.

Kemp hasn't really impressed me either. For someone we so much speed I've never seen him use it.

Kenny and Taylor both impressed me though. Kenny should get a bench spot next year and Taylor should get regular appearances mid-way through next year.

Stizyler

Juniors
1. Hunt/Hodges
2. Topou
3. Hodges/Eastwood
4. Tate
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Perry/McConnell/Green/Hunt
8. Civ
9. Ennis
10. Thorn
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Carroll

Interchange
Berrigan
Hannatt
Eastwood/Carlaw
Moon
Taylor

Smiley

Bench
did anyone hear anything about Nick Parfitt signing with the Burleigh Bears. Who will be fullback for Cylesdales next year?

miccle

Bench
Denan Kemp should get the nod IMO Yippee. He has played quite a bit of fullback in his time and is great under the high ball and in support play.

Mzembe and Michaels on the wings :)