What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for 2008

oldmancraigy

Coach
Just to bring this thread back on track a little:

I'd love to see Hayne playing in the centres next season with Inu outside him. At this stage of their careers Hayne is a far superior defender who makes really smart decisions on the football field both in attack and defence.
He's got the capability to produce the 'Tahu big hit', and will also be able to position Inu and put him away!

The other side will most likely be B. Smith and Grothe, although someone better be working with Benny on his speed off the mark and lateral movement over the off-season, because he was worse than poor in defence the last few games he played...

Somehow Wagon will make the first 17, but it will be at the expense of either Paulo or Hauraki - which [IMO] is a brain explosion.

Forwards will be strong, but we lack depth in the prop department after our top 4!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Inu
3. B.Smith
4. Hayne
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T.Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Gulavao
13. Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Robinson
16. Cordoba
17. Hauraki

xr62nv

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Fui
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hauraki
17. Robinson

14. Marsh
15. Cordoba
16. Paulo
13. Mateo

Hurriflatch

Referee
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Smith (Tautai given a chance in the trials and may force his way in)
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Cordoba
16. Hauraki
17. Paulo

Billythekid

First Grade
I think most of the teams fairly obvious, it's the backs which are difficult to choose. I would love to see inu have a season of fullback but that makes it difficult to place luke burt. I also think it's a toss up whether hayne should be a winger or center. I personally think parra would be better off having him on the wing.

apeman

Juniors
I heard B. oake has a big problem playing for wenty. So big that he wants to play for a different team in that comp.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
apeman said:
I heard B. oake has a big problem playing for wenty. So big that he wants to play for a different team in that comp.

Interesting. I have no love for Wenty either but at least they aren't Cabramatta.

I can see in the next few years the PL and JBC merging and having a 20 team comp.

Kornstar

Coach
Natalie's Daddy said:
Interesting. I have no love for Wenty either but at least they aren't Cabramatta.

I can see in the next few years the PL and JBC merging and having a 20 team comp.

I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think they thought that they could make both competitions viable but I don't think they will both survive and so either a merger or the teams that are left in the one that dies will enter the other.

caylo

Bench
I'm going to tip Tautai to come in and cover for injurys like Inu did, i feel for reddy. He will continue to fall down the peaking order and will probably leave for better pastures.

Hayne (i relay enjoyed his fullback play, and started to click with timmy)
Burt/Tautai (probably start with burt, but he will be good here imo)
Inu
Benny (Tautai if he isn't right, and Burt or Reddy on the wing)
Grothe
Finch (keating getting a few games to)
Timmy
Cayless
Riddell
Paulo (start with Moimoi though, but he will move to starting imo)
Hindy
Robenson (been great all year)
Mateo (time for him to step up, and start -earn the #13)

Marsh
Hauraki
Cordoba
Moimoi

Wagon
Galavou (will turn on a speaky and could end up starting in place of robenson)

Other players like Oake, Mannah, Matt Keating may get a go. Tony Williams is another player who may debue in the centres if benny has any more issues with his knee.

yy_cheng

Coach
Option 2 in Brackets
1.Hayne [Burt]
2. Reddy [Hayne/Inu - Always switching]
3. Inu [Hayne/Inu - Always switching]
4. Benny - Just
5. Grothe
6. Burt [Mateo]
7. Timmy

8.Cayless
9. Finch
10. Fui
11. Hindy
12. Piggy
13. Mateo - Plays for close to 80mins

14. Marsh
15. Robbo
16. Cordoba
17. Junior

Paulo
Wagon
Galavou

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is the way our side needs to look like

1. Burt
2. Inu
3. Hayne
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moi Moi
11. Wagon
12. Hindy
13. Mateo

14. PJ
15. Paulo
16. Cordoba
17. Weller

*Expect Joe G to make a big impact at Parramatta. I think Souths put too much pressure on him to be the player and main man when he naturally feeds off better players around him. With Fui etc he will give us great go forward.

*Expect KK to replace PJ a little as well imo.

* Tony williams to debut at Centre

V1er

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Inu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. Piggy
10. Fui
11. Hindy
12. Wellar
16. Robinson

14. Marsh
15. Cordoba
13. Mateo
17. Paulo

Hayne
Grothe
INU
Tautai
Williams/IWI
Finch
Smith
Cayless
Ridell
FUI
Hindmarsh
Robinson
Mateo

PJ
Huaraki
Paulo
Cordoba

18. Wagon
19. Joe G
8000412564231545. Lowrie

Don't be surprised to See Tony Williams start off on the wing. Ben Smith will find it hard to comeback into the side with Tautai and Williams in front of him. Ben Smith will be gorneski IMO.

caylo

Bench
changes i think we need to make next year:
Cayless needs to play about 60-65 min a game (avg 52 this year)
-> his work rate is phenomenal, and we look a better team with him there imo

Hindy needs to play about 65-70 instead of 80 (and wide)
-> i think a quick break would be good for him, also gives riddell/mateo more time here

Riddell proved he could play 65-70 min and should (40min hooker, 25-30 backrow)
-> we look much better with him on the Field, proved he is a match winner

Robenson needs to play wide, showed as a wide runner he is great

Mateo play in the middle as a second 5-8 (play about 65 min as well)
->much better roaming then stuck to one side

so pretty much i would say something like this
Props
Cayless 65min
Paulo 30 min
Moimoi 35 min
Cordoba 30min

Left edge
Hindy 65min
Hauraki/Galavou 15min

Middle
Mateo 65min
Hauraki/Galavou 15 min

Right edge
Robenson 50min
Riddell 30min

Hooker
Riddell 40 min
Marsh 40 min

That way our most experienced players are on the Field for the most of the game. Hagen said that we needed to work on our rotation and against Melbourne i think we got it wrong (mainly due to cayless injury imo). Obviously situations in games effect rotation etc, player tiring at different time and injuries. I'm not saying this be a concrete plan, i just think that we should target the edges and have our big men their (hindy, Robo and riddell). These players are all difficult to tackle, and are all quiet quick. Cayless needs to play more time (like Asotasi and Price). He is fit enough to and i think he is under used a little.

caylo

Bench
I think benny may be another player forced to move on along with Burt. Tautai and Williams will come in and put preasure on them both to retain their spots (even though tony will probably end up in the backrow). Benny may find himself out of favour, or even himself moved up into the pack (and he can run har imo, or play a wide running backrow role)

I think 09 team we may see alot of changes

Hayne
Tautai
Inu
Benny
Grothe
KK
Timmy
Cayless
Riddell
Paulo
Hindy
Williams
Mateo

Mitchell
Cordoba
Hauraki
Moimoi

Mannah

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Hayne
Grothe
INU
Tautai
Williams/IWI
Finch
Smith
Cayless
Ridell
FUI
Hindmarsh
Robinson
Mateo

PJ
Huaraki
Paulo
Cordoba

18. Wagon
19. Joe G
8000412564231545. Lowrie

Don't be surprised to See Tony Williams start off on the wing. Ben Smith will find it hard to comeback into the side with Tautai and Williams in front of him. Ben Smith will be gorneski IMO.

no Burt???

I believe Iwi will be heading to Canberra Jake.

eelavation said:
no Burt???

I believe Iwi will be heading to Canberra Jake.

Thanks mate. We are getting rid of heaps of Fringe players. I really do think that this National under 20 comp is the worst thing ever. Nobody wants to play park footy. Therefore we will have heaps of potential talent leave us.

Bazal

Post Whore
f**k I hope you're wrong Eela...Iwi has really impressed me when I;ve seen him play :(

Latest posts