What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Premiership

ausraider

Juniors
1 Shifcoske
2 Chalk
3Graham
4Ale
5Howell
6J Smith
7 Withers
8Thompson
9Woolford
10Weyman
11Adamson
12Hodgson
13Croker

14Lomu
15Kahler
16Miller
17Campesse

If we are close enough come finals with these guys fit I think we on the day are capable of beating any side.Sorry if I have left any better player out but this is a very good looking side.Go Raiders.
Anyone with other suggestion.

Chachi

Bench
Ausraider, depending on how Lomu goes, I think you're spot on. I'd maybe like to see Graham and Chalk swap positions (and if Frawley was fit he'd possibly cover Howell), but otherwise I honestly think that team is the best one we can put on the park by the end of the year.

legend

Coach
I too like the look of that side. Let's hope they are all available and we qualify for the finals in a position better than 7th or 8th.

thickos

First Grade
Great side ausraider but unless Ale makes the grade and grabs his opportunity I can't see him being a starting centre if we make the finals. He's good enough but at this stage Frawley should be there IMO, let's see how well he bounces back from his long lay-off.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
thickos said:
Great side ausraider but unless Ale makes the grade and grabs his opportunity I can't see him being a starting centre if we make the finals. He's good enough but at this stage Frawley should be there IMO, let's see how well he bounces back from his long lay-off.

Totally agree with you thickos. Frawley has first grade experience so that gives him the edge over Ale who is yet to be proven a first grade player.

Paullyboy

Coach
It is a great side, but im not sure how you have Ale ahead of Mogg. I think the problem with people on this board is they assume that because someone is great in lower grades and someone is not perfect in first grade that the two would be a perfect swap for each other.

ausraider

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
It is a great side, but im not sure how you have Ale ahead of Mogg. I think the problem with people on this board is they assume that because someone is great in lower grades and someone is not perfect in first grade that the two would be a perfect swap for each other.

I have seem Mogg give in more tries than he has scored, unless he fixes his deficits in defence I think Ale who is in blistering form is a ready replacement.Some players are talented than others.eg T Smith and Soward both are leading their team around brilliantly whereas Carney got couple of chances and did nothing, lots of high hopes but he just hasn't got what it takes to lead a FG team yet.Mogg has been there for a while it seems he has learnt nothing yet.So unless we give someone who is already in a great form a go while confidence is high a chance we will never find out.

ausraider

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
Totally agree with you thickos. Frawley has first grade experience so that gives him the edge over Ale who is yet to be proven a first grade player.

What happens if opposition steps on his toe nail we will be down to 16 man for the remainder of the match.(hopefully it won't happen in the opening minutes of the game.lol)

Raider Crusader

Juniors
My "Premiership Team" would be...(excluding injuries);

1- Schifcofske
2- Chalk
3- Graham
4- Mogg
5- Howell/Frawley
6- J Smith
7- Withers
8- Weyman/Thompson
9- Woolford
10- O'Hara
11- Adamson
12- Hodgson
13- Croker

14- Tongue
15- Miller
16- Kahler
17- Hindmarsh/Williams/Lomu/Gafa

Chachi

Bench
Paullyboy said:

Fair point (as seen in Carney at this stage) - but I think Ale has the raw ability to tear a game apart and hit hard in defence. Mogg has the raw ability to leak points and make his winger look useless.

ausraider

Juniors
Chachi said:
Fair point (as seen in Carney at this stage) - but I think Ale has the raw ability to tear a game apart and hit hard in defence. Mogg has the raw ability to leak points and make his winger look useless.

Great call Chachi.

dubby

Bench
Gee some of you blokes can be critical. Mogg ain't that bad, one on one tackles are among the highest in the comp.

My side would have to include Framwley instead of Ale, and maybe T Smith instead of Lomu. At least until Lomu earns his stripes. Tyran is frustrating with his hands, yet i doubt anyone else in the team can hit as hard or can be as intimidating.

Latest posts