What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1

hindy111

Post Whore
funny enough ray hadley always goes on how good Josh is-I reckon he was awesome the first year he played first grade-than been ordinary since.He used to offload and get some great balls away-I thought this guys going to be good..He is young and no forwards did much last year-He may suprise

Kornstar

Coach
hey guys just a quick question how has hindy been playn?
has he been doin more attacking or still doin plenty of defence?

Hindy has been impressive as always! He is doing plenty of work in defence but imo he has been more aggressive, he is also taking hitups with more purpose.

Last week he was running wide and looking good, this week he took more traditional hitups and looked good imo.....

It appears that the whole team has benefitted from a better and tougher off-season than previous years....

Cordoba has gone backwards IMO but it's not too late. He just has to get hs aggressive style back which he does have and stop hanging around Cayless. I really think that younger players are affected and take after the senior players. And Cayless apart from 2001 and 2007 has been a joke.

If our 3/4 is Ben Smith and Reddy that would have to be the most impotant 3/4 in RL history. Ben Smith struggles to run and Reddy just a normal player who is better suited to the Wing.

Tautai's future does lie in the 2nd row which is pretty obvious, hopefully Anderson can skillfuly show him how to change over.

My Backline wuld be:

Burt
Grothe
INU
B Smith
Reddy
Hayne
Finch

At least with INU in the 3/4 it will bring "balance to the force"

grapeape

Juniors
Any news on why Feliti was given a rest tonight? Injury precaution or DA just not wanting to risk anything?

feleti hurt his knee during the week, a slight tear.

they are resting him for round1. He is on light training, no running.

has DA (supercoach) been overtraining them?

both paulo and mateo injured during training!?!?

and in other news...

i heard supercoach was pissed with finch.
can any1 confirm that?

and in other news...

can any1 confirm that?

You are telling the story. What can u enlighten us with....

and in other news...

can any1 confirm that?

Would not suprise me if their was a personality clash between the two.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Cordoba has gone backwards IMO but it's not too late. He just has to get hs aggressive style back which he does have and stop hanging around Cayless. I really think that younger players are affected and take after the senior players. And Cayless apart from 2001 and 2007 has been a joke.

If our 3/4 is Ben Smith and Reddy that would have to be the most impotant 3/4 in RL history. Ben Smith struggles to run and Reddy just a normal player who is better suited to the Wing.

Tautai's future does lie in the 2nd row which is pretty obvious, hopefully Anderson can skillfuly show him how to change over.

My Backline wuld be:

Burt
Grothe
INU
B Smith
Reddy
Hayne
Finch

Spot on Jake as usual. Cayless and while we're at it throw im Burt as well which i'm sure you'd agree with me 100% on, good players but rarely have they risen in big games, in Burts case never and crumble under the pressure.

I also agree with Tautai, he has the markings of a dynamic second rower, however i reckon he should be atleast given a chance to impress at centre first, very robust.

strider

Post Whore

and in other news...

can any1 confirm that?

yikes - don't like the sound of that ... tear of what? ... slight tears turn into bigger tears

strider

Post Whore
Spot on Jake as usual. Cayless and while we're at it throw im Burt as well which i'm sure you'd agree with me 100% on, good players but rarely have they risen in big games, in Burts case never and crumble under the pressure.

I also agree with Tautai, he has the markings of a dynamic second rower, however i reckon he should be atleast given a chance to impress at centre first, very robust.

we genuinely have ZERO players who can rise to the occaision in big games for ages - its why we have always come close but never got there .... we've had good players, but no true player who can take the game and make it his

Ron Jeremy

Coach
we genuinely have ZERO players who can rise to the occaision in big games for ages - its why we have always come close but never got there .... we've had good players, but no true player who can take the game and make it his

Exactly Strider, i agree, however Hayne and Mateo are two players that can do that, that's why i'm pissed that Cayless is on $400,000 a year when he would struggle to be in the top 20 props in the game, he gets anhilated almost every single time, he doesn't impose fear into the opposition.

I like Tim Mannah, and tbh if anything he reminds me of Fui.

Hames

Juniors
i like:
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Luke Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Joel Reddy
5. Eric Grothe
6. Jarryd Hayne
7. Brett Finch
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Matt Keating
10. Tim Mannah
11. Weller Hauraki
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Feliti Meteo
14. Kris Keating
15. Fui Fui
16. Joe Gulavau
17. Brod Wright / Kevin Kingston

Fui needs to come off the bench. Has more impact when the other players are tired after 20 minutes.

strider

Post Whore
Exactly Strider, i agree, however Hayne and Mateo are two players that can do that, that's why i'm pissed that Cayless is on $400,000 a year when he would struggle to be in the top 20 props in the game, he gets anhilated almost every single time, he doesn't impose fear into the opposition.

I like Tim Mannah, and tbh if anything he reminds me of Fui.

caylo signed a contract as club captain years ago - can't take what u promise ppl back off them - just the way it works .... I try to never judge a player against their salary - there's a sh*tload of factors that come into what players r paid and some get more than their output deserves, while some get way unders regardless of how good they play - thats life, stiff sh*t

but yeah - our future depends on Feleti and Jarryd being our guys who can make the game theirs .... altho it'd be nice to have a dominant half too

lingard

Coach

My Backline wuld be:

Burt
Grothe
INU
B Smith
Reddy
Hayne
Finch

Agree with everything you`ve said, except about Reddy. I trhink, if he keeps improving like he has the last two seasons, he might surprise everyone and become our most unlikely but most devestating backline player.

lingard

Coach
I think we should all butt out and let Daniel Anderson choose the side. He seems to have a fair idea of what kind of game plans to use, and which players suit a specific role within the side.

You mean we`re not allowed to have an opinion? Oh, okay. Sorry.

lingard

Coach
caylo signed a contract as club captain years ago - can't take what u promise ppl back off them - just the way it works .... I try to never judge a player against their salary - there's a sh*tload of factors that come into what players r paid and some get more than their output deserves, while some get way unders regardless of how good they play - thats life, stiff sh*t

but yeah - our future depends on Feleti and Jarryd being our guys who can make the game theirs .... altho it'd be nice to have a dominant half too

We`ll have to buy one! (Next year?)

Kornstar

Coach

and in other news...

can any1 confirm that?

I take it you are a big fan of DA then?

forward pass

Coach
Interesting interview with Ben Smith in Big League I just read. He expects to play centre and the forwards this year and has already been training in the second row position on occasions.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think if you can play Ben in the 2nd row, it gives you the flexibility of having a KK (either Keating and Kingston) at 14.

It would probably mean Jarryd will switch to no. 4 when Smith moves into the pack?

Unless a big reshuffle with Burt to 2. Inu to 3. and Jarryd to 1.

benoir91

Juniors
i think we will see

1. Luke BURT
2. Krisnan INU
3. Ben SMITH
4. Taulima TAUTAI
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
8. Nathan CAYLESS
9. Matt KEATING