What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1

dazeely

First Grade
i think we will see

1. Luke BURT
2. Krisnan INU / Joel Reddy
3. Ben SMITH
4. Joel Reddy / Krisnan Inu
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
8. Nathan CAYLESS
9. Matt KEATING
10. Fuifui MOIMOI
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Feleti MATEO

14. Kris KEATING
15. Tim MANNAH
16. Josh Cordoba
17. Joe Gulavau (sp???)

Eels Dude

Coach
You mean we`re not allowed to have an opinion? Oh, okay. Sorry.

I have an opinion too of course, however at the same time Anderson is a new coach, and would have specific styles of play and gameplans, and the side should be chosen to best suit these plans. He's got to have ideas in mind, and has been watching the side train all off season in a particular way so I believe for the first few weeks of the season the side should by chosen by him only in regards to what he wants to do with Parramatta. Anderson is a tactical coach, he's not like Hagan who just picks who he thinks are the best players and never changes it.

Fee

Juniors
i think we will see

1. Luke BURT
3. Ben SMITH
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
8. Nathan CAYLESS
9. Matt KEATING
10. Fuifui MOIMOI
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Feleti MATEO

14. Kris KEATING
15. Tim MANNAH
16. Josh Cordoba
17. Joe Gulavau (sp???)

That sounds like how they will go, but I am sure somebody posted on here a while ago that Mateo isnt playing the first round because of his knee.

The Colonel

Immortal
That sounds like how they will go, but I am sure somebody posted on here a while ago that Mateo isnt playing the first round because of his knee.

i didnt even know mateo was injured
when did it happen?

The only person that has confirmed it is one person on this forum..... it was alleged to have happened at training. I think you wait until Tuesday to work out if its true or not. For the media to have not picked up on it at all seems to me that the story is just that....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
i think we will see

1. Luke BURT
3. Ben SMITH
5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
8. Nathan CAYLESS
9. Matt KEATING
10. Fuifui MOIMOI
11. Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Feleti MATEO

14. Kris KEATING
15. Tim MANNAH
16. Josh Cordoba
17. Joe Gulavau (sp???)

Wright in for Mannah and I would be happy.

Fee

Juniors
The only person that has confirmed it is one person on this forum..... it was alleged to have happened at training. I think you wait until Tuesday to work out if its true or not. For the media to have not picked up on it at all seems to me that the story is just that....

I thought it was a little strange that I hadnt read anything about him being injured, but why would they not have put him in the trial against the Roosters. I thought everybody played the trials unless they were injured.

The Colonel

Immortal
I thought it was a little strange that I hadnt read anything about him being injured, but why would they not have put him in the trial against the Roosters. I thought everybody played the trials unless they were injured.

Because they already know what he can do? They were happy with his form in the second trial and wanted to try some different combinations?

Any number of reasons he could have not been used, it could have been to do with injury but to miss round one after having not played for three weeks means the injury, if there was one, would have been in the news somewhere IMO.

The Colonel

Immortal
Because they already know what he can do? They were happy with his form in the second trial and wanted to try some different combinations?

Any number of reasons he could have not been used, it could have been to do with injury but to miss round one after having not played for three weeks means the injury, if there was one, would have been in the news somewhere IMO.

These guys are also very thprough when it comes to injury.....

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/nrl.php