What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAM FOR Round 5 & 6

RoostarGirl

Juniors
HEY BP write it now while its fresh. Gee lucky I am not writing it all I can say is OMG, OMG, STUPID, STUPID now that wouldnt make a very interesting read now would it?? OMG

The Backpacker

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
HEY BP write it now while its fresh. Gee lucky I am not writing it all I can say is OMG, OMG, STUPID, STUPID now that wouldnt make a very interesting read now would it?? OMG

I think it would be better than....

Farkin cnuting shytehead over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RoostarGirl

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
RoostarGirl said:

I think it would be better than....

Farkin cnuting shytehead over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely the Picture is painted perfectly.

Maybe you should leave it a while!!! honestly OMG.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
RoostarGirl said:
You are way more experienced than I could ever hope to be BP.

I think LR did ok for the pirates too. Brook got a 9+ along the way I'm sure of it.

I had an 8.5 for the Pirates, and am sure that was my score in the first game for Roosters too. Not that experienced, just beginners luck.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
ozzie said:
ALLL BOW DOWN IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HIGH ALMIGHTY....

I have spoke (you may say its with folked tongue but) BP you are sentenced to writing 750 words on a rugby league topic of your liking no two words are to the same ie bugger bugger bum bum. etc

Your topic will make sense and will get at least 8.5 points - am I making myself clear ??

(I hope so because I can't keep this up for too much longer...)

You will place your post in the thread that it belongs too - ie the game thread titled Newtown V Roosters by no later than Wednesday 2 July by 9pm EST.

Now off with you and carry out your allotted task

Sounds like Big Brother got out of the wrong side of bed the day he wrote this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Backpacker

Juniors
Lord Reynoldson said:
Sounds like Big Brother got out of the wrong side of bed the day he wrote this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big brother always gets out of bed on the wrong side. :D Unlike the JGG whose always happy. Mind, you know what they said about the bloke who was always happy........ ;-)

ozzie

Bench
Hi Lord - unfortunately we have a reluctant poster who believes he is the greatest third reserve since "adam wore a jock strap" - sometimes I have to take control of him and tell him how it is, don't I BP. [-X

Genghis Chan

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
Lord Reynoldson said:

Big brother always gets out of bed on the wrong side. :D Unlike the JGG whose always happy. Mind, you know what they said about the bloke who was always happy........ ;-)

No, what did they say? :?

The Backpacker

Juniors
Lord Reynoldson said:
The Backpacker said:
Lord Reynoldson said:

Sssssh. The JGG see's all and hears all........ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

RoostarGirl

Juniors
HEY GUYS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to our team for a second if I could.

I just received a pm back from Waxer and he said that he can still play in the forums if we need him but we must give him heaps of Notice.

Thats really good, I am glad Wax is still playing but he needs heaps of notice...OK DO I NEED TO SAY IT ONE MORE TIME???? for the dummies.

Green Eye

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
Lord Reynoldson said:
The Backpacker said:
Lord Reynoldson said:

Sssssh. The JGG see's all and hears all........ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

FE FI FO FUM

I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE THE LADIES LIKE MY BUM

I think a few of the "guys" here at work do too.. :? :shock:

The Backpacker

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
HEY GUYS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to our team for a second if I could.

I just received a pm back from Waxer and he said that he can still play in the forums if we need him but we must give him heaps of Notice.

Thats really good, I am glad Wax is still playing but he needs heaps of notice...OK DO I NEED TO SAY IT ONE MORE TIME???? for the dummies.

Is Wednesday 9pm enough notice? I can see it now....Waxer running on for BP while he enjoys an early retirement....
other-beach.gif

JGG said:
BUHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

FE FI FO FUM

I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE THE LADIES LIKE MY BUM

I think a few of the "guys" here at work do too..

See LR I told you so.... :(

I've heard that lard arses are attractive to a great many people. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Backpacker

Juniors
Green Eye said:
hahahahaha thanks BP.... you jealous? :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: God damn it, you're onto me. I knew I should have sought help for my 'peeping in the showers tom' problems a long time ago.

Put it this way JGG, you're in good company - Johns, Morley
other-butthead.gif
....Not that I've looked ;-) Statistics kindly supplied by daughter. Honest! 8)

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Well that was very confusing. What do they say?

Oh, I have managed to quickly scrape an article together. Not likely to be back on net before game, so will go post it now. Kind of a last minute, what the hell can I write about job, but hopefully it'll do fine. I'll tyr to make sure I am better organized for the next game if I have the time.

...Morticia...

Juniors
i got up early to do this as i wont be home til hlf hour b4 yor game ends an dont wanna be tryn to organse then. i have matthews bp passwrd. shuld i post his artcle with it or wot? if u wan u can pst it for him if rules allow or i can or can with his name. will post below an check bck here when i get home. his artcle a bit on old news side now.

The Backpacker #11 for Easts…Running on empty but prepared for a big hit…

The Silly Season

That’s right folks; the silly season is upon us. The time of year when cashed up clubs line up with chequebooks in hand, ready to offer a big name player the ‘right’ amount of money to put in the yards for their club. Arguably, the biggest name coming off contract this year would have to be Brad Fittler and the rumour mills are rife as to where he is likely to put his autograph, should the Roosters fail to reach an agreement, acceptable to both Fittler and his manager, Wayne Beavis. Minor coronary’s are in the pipeline as fans of the Roosters wait for that all-important ‘official’ announcement. But have clubs really got the worries of past seasons, as June 30th approaches?

Season 2000 saw the end of the Super League hangover for most clubs, with grossly inflated player payments arguably a thing of the past as the salary cap starts to bite those clubs that choose to play within the rules (The Craig Wing payments were approved by the previous NRL administration ;-)). Whilst there is still a certain amount of greed apparent with some players, it appears that a new (or is that old) phenomenon is starting to take hold. Loyalty. More and more players are choosing loyalty over the almighty dollar and staying with their clubs for considerably less money than they could get if they put themselves on the open market and this could see a return to the glory days. The days where teams weren’t one-season wonders, where back-to-back premierships weren’t an anomaly and total domination brought fevered hatred by rival clubs trying to derail the juggernaut. Loyalty that meant playing for your mates, playing for your emblem emblazoned over your heart and playing for pride rather than the highest bidder. The kind of loyalty that has seen the likes of Luke Ricketson become a one-club man, with the reward of a salary cap dispensation in place from next season for his services.

Loyalty. Does Brad Fittler have it or will his reasoning behind signing with an ARL club during the initial Super League race for names become a hollow memory? I would say yes, he does have it and one of two events will transpire over the next couple of days. He will re – sign with the Roosters, finishing his career on the least amount of money he has seen since 1995 or he will retire. While Fittler has been good to league, league has been just as good to Fittler and, despite the well utilised catch cry of “I have to look out for the future”, he is in such a position that all he has to base his decision on is whether the money on offer from the Roosters is enough to warrant getting out of bed in the morning, not whether it will pay for a long retirement.

And retire he will, one day. If that day comes on October 5th 2003, it won’t be the travesty for the Roosters it once would have been. Loyalty has seen the big Pom sign for another three years on half what he could have earned at home. Loyalty has seen a number of other players coming off contracts re - sign and I have full faith in the fact that loyalty will see the core components of this Roosters side remain in red, white and blue throughout future silly seasons. These boys know what it’s like to win a grand final. They know what it’s like to bleed for their mates and see them lift when they pull off an impossible tackle or bone rattling hit. They have pride and passion for their club but, most importantly, they have been built into a tight unit. A unit that has been nurtured and prepared for the day when the name Brad Fittler isn’t listed as one of those players coming off contract. A day when the silly season turns it’s attention to another ‘big name’ player and it’s the turn of another clubs fans to sweat it out as rival clubs come knocking. Loyalty or money? I reckon loyalty will win this race, whether on the sad note of a great player retiring or another season or two strapping on the boots with the Roosters.

Words 716 – including title. :lol:

ozzie

Bench
seeking learance for you to post the article - hopefully will hear something this morning..