What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the Gold Coast Titans trial named

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
i can see our defence hasnt improved much in the off-season....

f**k you're a tool, there were players in that Titans side with more first grade caps than the entire squad we fielded. What did you expect? The Storm played their second stringers against Canberra the other day and got absolutely flogged.

Meth

Staff member
No Sione Lousi. No Packer.

So, who's the next prop off the rank. Steve Rapira?

Troubling.

One Warrior

Bench
Are we incapable of playing a trial without losing a prop to injury, same thing happened last year. Aragorn what an idiotic comment, considering we had a team of Vulcans and Juniors playing a mainly first grade side.

spear tackle

Juniors
It's a pity about the injury, still good to see that it looks like everyone who's fit will be getting a trial and a chance to put their hand up for a spot.

Iafeta

Referee
Lousi has tweeted that his injury is sweet. Hopefully that means he's good to play on.

Micistm

Bench
I really find trial matches pointless. It might be a chance to take some reasonable League to places that don't usually see it and giving second stringers a chance to impress the powers that be, but otherwise it all seems silly. You can't read anything into how teams go due to it being a softly softly approach, most of the AAA players if not all don't play in them, and you simply cringe through it hoping your backups don't get injuries.

By the way, how did Johnson go in the All Stars game? Saw half of it, got the other half recorded to look at later on.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I really find trial matches pointless. It might be a chance to take some reasonable League to places that don't usually see it and giving second stringers a chance to impress the powers that be, but otherwise it all seems silly. You can't read anything into how teams go due to it being a softly softly approach, most of the AAA players if not all don't play in them, and you simply cringe through it hoping your backups don't get injuries.

By the way, how did Johnson go in the All Stars game? Saw half of it, got the other half recorded to look at later on.

I watched the game and I honestly only remember him taking an inside ball off benji and dropping it. In saying that they picked like 20 different halves so he was never going to play big minutes. Can't really take anything from that game form wise for him, Mateo or neilson.

Iafeta

Referee
So.... now the tweet between PAcker and Sione Lousi has gone, and Sione Lousi has confirmed he's back into rehabbing.

Perhaps Sam Lousi for the fourth props role?

Rich102

Staff member
Maybe the Warriors are doing a $BW and counting the score after 70 minutes?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I watched the game and I honestly only remember him taking an inside ball off benji and dropping it. In saying that they picked like 20 different halves so he was never going to play big minutes. Can't really take anything from that game form wise for him, Mateo or neilson.

To be fair on SJ that was a pretty low percentage ball, one of those ultra-flat ones that works well if it comes off. He was scheming around a bit before that but didn't really get a chance to do much, the Al-Strs never really got a good groove going in that game and like you said they used a lot of halves.