What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List rd 3

TheRev

Coach
Look we will be pumped/enthused for Friday night after the embarrassment of last week, but win or lose doesnt change a whole lot for me, its the same problem areas that make it so hard for us to score points and put teams away. Anyway lets hope some of the boys find another gear on Friday.

hardbaby

Coach
Look we will be pumped/enthused for Friday night after the embarrassment of last week, but win or lose doesnt change a whole lot for me, its the same problem areas that make it so hard for us to score points and put teams away. Anyway lets hope some of the boys find another gear on Friday.

Pretty much how I feel about the situation. It was an off performance and I expect to bounce back against the Tigers. It's a Top 8 team but I think there are some limitations in there. I can't remember who posted the comment but he said "we have a few oranges and we have squeezed all the juice out of them". That was a pretty good summation for mine.

Reyter

Juniors
News article during the week said that he was.

Price would be crucified if he chopped and changed wholesale like fans are suggesting (and most of them would change their mind again if that didnt work), but Price will tough it out and err on the side of caution.. Personally id much rather get some young players into key positions and let them learn now, I don't want to waste a year with combinations that have proven average in the past.

Ofcourse, it would help if we had some idea of Price's longterm strategy though, and id love to know what Kyle & Scott think about their respective positions.

Their lack of strike power I thinks shows there needs to be some wholesale changes. I think he should make them now and then give those changes a few weeks to see how they go.

Dragons1921

Juniors
I'm not so concerned about the team picked as I am of the defensive structure. Hornby shifted to the right of defence is a disaster. I hope to see the change here.

DragonBuck

Juniors
I'm not so concerned about the team picked as I am of the defensive structure. Hornby shifted to the right of defence is a disaster. I hope to see the change here.

Yep, unforunately I think Lawrence is going to have a field day this week if our right side defence of last week is any indication.:(
I wonder what the plan is if Scott doesn't play. Who will help Hornby stop Lawrence??
We might be lucky and they might just decide to bomb the crap out of Style instead :roll:

hardbaby

Coach
I can almost guarantee Style will get the hell bombed out of him. Marshall has one of the best spiralling bombs in the business and neither Morris nor Nighty are good targets. I hope it's not a windy day!!

Fingerbang

Bench
Yes, you are correct, we may as well just close this forum down, we no longer require any opinions anymore.
I'll give the job a crack if he offers it to me. Do you think just because he is now an NRL coach he has all the answers? Surely no coach in the NRL thinks they are always right
I never said he has all the answers, or he is always right. I said he knows more about coaching than anyone posting in here....and he has a lot more inside knowledge of the players injuries, state of mind etc. Sheesh!! Tell me he doesn't.

Mr Red

First Grade
I amazes me how all the fans in this place know better than the coach. Why aren't one of you there doing Price's job, and he here telling the rest of us you aren't doing your job properly? :crazy:

oh well lets shut down the forum then if we cant have an opinion... :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Mr Red

First Grade
I can almost guarantee Style will get the hell bombed out of him. Marshall has one of the best spiralling bombs in the business and neither Morris nor Nighty are good targets. I hope it's not a windy day!!

agree...
i was thinking this as well... and he'll bomb close to the posts hoping to get a rebound or put the fullback off....

ebbedfred

Bench
I never said he has all the answers, or he is always right. I said he knows more about coaching than anyone posting in here....and he has a lot more inside knowledge of the players injuries, state of mind etc. Sheesh!! Tell me he doesn't.

Absolutely no doubt. I'm not saying he has made the wrong choice, let's face it, there will be a lot of egg on face around here if the same side pumps the tigers. As already mentioned, I too want to see how the players react to such a bad loss, Price prob does too. If Price made 6 changes I think they would get hammered, this is the team he has been training and running the drills with, you can make 1 or 2 changes without upsetting the team but if you make lots of changes it's like starting again and will take weeks to get right.

I'm happy to give Price a month or 2 to see how we are going. But at the same time, am happy to listen to any saints supporters opinion.

After a full off-season where decisions were made about who plays where, and good wins in the Charity Shield and Round 1, I don't think we need changes just yet.

Price was chosen to retain some stability post-Bennett. The bad loss to the Dogs has to be followed up by another bad one against the Tigers before changes can be justified.

There's at least another 24 games to be played. If you make wholesale changes after round 2, your options are limited for the rest of the season. It's like you've gone from plan A to plan B too soon, and before you know it you're up to plan Z with nowhere else to go.

Minh

First Grade
After a full off-season where decisions were made about who plays where, and good wins in the Charity Shield and Round 1, I don't think we need changes just yet.

Price was chosen to retain some stability post-Bennett. The bad loss to the Dogs has to be followed up by another bad one against the Tigers before changes can be justified.

There's at least another 24 games to be played. If you make wholesale changes after round 2, your options are limited for the rest of the season. It's like you've gone from plan A to plan B too soon, and before you know it you're up to plan Z with nowhere else to go.

True no need for panic stations just yet.

DragonBuck

Juniors
Have just been thinking about the start to our season and the more I think about it the more it starts to make sense. If you had asked any player in our team in the pre season which games they were really looking forward to it would definately be Rd1 against the Knights, and Rd3 against the Tigers. Given that they would personally be putting a lot of focus onto these two games it makes sense that the game in between would be a bit of a lull for them and explains the ordinary preformance.

I still believe we are playing some of our roster in the wrong positions but I'm expecting a much better effort tomorrow night.

RedVDave

First Grade
Dragons coach Steve Price will thrust firebrand Jack de Belin into starting lock against the Tigers tonight in what could be one of several changes to the named team.

De Belin, who played opening minutes at lock against the Knights and the Bulldogs, will run out onto WIN Jubilee in place of veteran Dean Young, who will start from the bench.
The starting backline for tonight’s clash remains a mystery, with Beau Scott (corked thigh) and Matt Cooper (ankle) both struggling to train during the week.

Neither participated in yesterday’s final session in Wollongong, leaving Daniel Vidot or Josh Miller - both of whom trained yesterday - in line to make their Dragons debut.
The 20-year-old de Belin has been a standout for the Dragons defensively, topping the tackle count for minutes played in the season so far, and proving he is better suited to starting matches than Young because of his size.
Young has also credited the move for prolonging his fitness, after several seasons hindered with a chronic knee injury.
‘‘I’m feeling good and I’m enjoying coming off the bench,’’ Young said.
‘‘I’m enjoying playing lock and not having to play hooker, and we’re going to go with that again.
‘‘Jack’s a lot bigger than what I am and it’s good to start big. Hopefully when I come on I can use the ball a bit more.
‘‘Me and Pricey have both spoken about it and we’re happy to go that way.’’
Price has called up several last-minute replacements for injured centres Cooper and Scott.
Nathan Green is an expected replacement for Cooper if the 32-year-old cannot overcome a niggling ankle injury. Scott’s right centre replacement is more complex.
The man billed early in the season as a full-time contender for his position, Chase Stanley, hasn’t played since suffering a heavy concussion during the Dragons’ Charity Shield win in February. Stanley will instead travel to Leichhardt tomorrow to line up for the Illawarra Cutters.
That leaves the door open to Canberra recruit Vidot making his debut.
Alternatively, Price could shift Matt Prior out of the second row and into centre, bringing Miller into the starting side to fill his position.
Young was adamant that injury concerns haven’t affected the Dragons’ preparations heading into their first home game.
‘‘It’s not about winning or losing, it’s about going out there and playing the way the Dragons play,’’ he said.
‘‘Both sides don’t really like each I other and certainly the fans like getting into it.
‘‘For some reason, we always put on a cracker and I know the boys are going to be up for it, especially after last week.’’
Young revealed that Price was so disappointed in last week’s performance against the Bulldogs that he had rubbished any video evidence.
‘‘Pricey chucked out the video the other night and we haven’t looked at that,’’ he said.
‘‘We’ve just moved on and worrying about ourselves and worrying about our start.’’The Dragons have a strong record against the Tigers at Kogarah, winning four out of five games.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...rst-bite-for-dragons/2490277.aspx?storypage=0

Jason Maher

Immortal
OMG!! Price wants to be sacked by round %!! This is gross mismanagement of the highest order.....Im on record we will cop another 30 this week and at home!! against the team I despise more than any other team in history!!! This is a team picked on no form whatsoever...and if Price did some sort of speech to the team that was "this ur last chance to redeem urselves before i ring in the changes" this is not the game to try psychology!!!
Blatant Selection errors:
1. Scott in Centres - Lawrenec field day!!
2. Young - fullstop mistake!!
3, Debelin - needs to play in Cutters to get confidence back
4. Rein - OMG King mustve slept w Priceys missus no other way to explain non selection
5. Latimore - the new George Grant!! please stop this !!

This is crazy!! happy to be proved wrong....dont want to end up here on Friday night saying I told u so!! If that team rolls out we will cop a hiding!!

Oh why haven't I been introduced to you previously? That is some classic whingeing. Made my day. :D

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah. I actually think Latimore and Ah Mau have played well but I really want a crunch master in the pack. Miller is the man.

Hoekstra

Juniors
Prior could fill in at centre. Defensively he would be solid and I recall him making a few line breaks on the edges earlier in his career. If he has a shocker though I think this forum would go into melt down as the lynch mob rides into town. Lol.

possm

Coach
No commitment to each other last week. Against the Tigers they need to play for each other like they did in the first part of last year.

I would like to see Miller in for Young, Scott back in the forwards, King at 9, Green at riight centre until Chase has proved his fitness.

I would also like to see Sowie run a lot more, Hornby lift his game dramatically and Stanley charge back on kick return.

Maybe if we will be lucky enough to see some of this tonight against the Tigers.

Last edited:

Latest posts