What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - discussion thread

hermidale1

Juniors
Host over Luciano Leilua (and further to that not even named as a reserve). The only thing that excited me is Jai Field at #17 everything else is just so ....meh.
Yes Host over Leilua.He gives his all and doesn't clock off when things get tough.Leilua is a gifted player with good ball sense, but can be very lazy, especially with fitness. Can win you a game, but can also let you down at times. He needs time in the Cutters to develop his fitness and up his work rate.

kit66

Bench
Isn't this almost the same line up that got flogged by the Bunnies. Two of our worst on the day, Lafai and Aitken are rewarded I see, smart move. The other smart move is having Field on the bench, obviously with the intention of bringing the kid on when we're down 40 - nil to win us the game, no pressure. No Mann or Milne. F*ck me, Mary's a dick.

Dragsters

First Grade
It is mate Mary let JD run the last two training sections becauce In his own words he needed something to change there luck

and I can remember seeing JD in the box that game as opposed to just Benny and Dean.

Then that experiment was killed off immediately in an obvious act of self preservation by Mary.

The team promptly reverted back to that predictable innefective style of play and the club then retains Mary for 2017 and let JD leave.

Current Dragons Logic!

BrissyRedV

Bench
Pretty sure Mary is taking the piss. Basically saying up yours to the fans and showing that he is invincible. Balls.

Gareth67

First Grade
For pity sake !

The year is 2017 , not 2016 . Mary , it is a new season , for fooks sake , at least give the boys the opportunity of winning the matches . Picking the same players from last seasons debacle is not going to win the Dragons many games .

We already know that , throw in the players with real ability , Mann , Field and Milne etc. to get the attack moving in the right direction . The first game of the year carries the same amount of competition points as the last , 2 , every game is there to be won , and likewise , every game is important . The team must be given every chance !

Fook ! It is just so bluudy disappointing .

OzDragon

Coach
Isn't this almost the same line up that got flogged by the Bunnies. Two of our worst on the day, Lafai and Aitken are rewarded I see, smart move. The other smart move is having Field on the bench, obviously with the intention of bringing the kid on when we're down 40 - nil to win us the game, no pressure. No Mann or Milne. F*ck me, Mary's a dick.
Agree with everything except Aitken. He's proven himself time and time again to be a reliable first grader. Deserves his spot.

mickeylane

Bench
Mcgregor has got the team right except for the centres where i believed he was training Mann and Milne for the past 7 days as a pairing along w the Lafai / Aitken combo - Field will be in the 17 100%..

Don't b surprised if he flips the centre pairings...

TruSaint

Referee
I given the benefit of the doubt to Mary in the past.
This FIRST round pick shows me he has lost it...

You would think being on the brink of sacking, he would go for something based on lets say " form " or " potential ". To leave Milne out as well as Mann is just madness.

Sad thing is, he may jag a win, and call it brilliant. PS i do hope they win as its NOT the players to blame for selection, but Mary for me has shown he is playing for survival and not much else. His problem is is, on the rationale, he wont survive.

Mary, fair dinkum mate... Do yourself and the club a favour and walk.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Mcgregor has got the team right except for the centres where i believed he was training Mann and Milne for the past 7 days as a pairing along w the Lafai / Aitken combo - Field will be in the 17 100%..

Where have you heard this? Would be great if true, Milne and Mann is a much better combo.

mickeylane

Bench
Where have you heard this? Would be great if true, Milne and Mann is a much better combo.
One of my friends is a physio w the club who said the team is picking itself except the centres is living difficult to pick plus I saw one of the sessions last week at Win - they played a 13 on 13 contact game
One session had Milne / Mann outside WIDDOP and Mcrone then they flipped centre pairings to Lafai / Aitken.

Field swapped w MCRONE as well

Dragon66

Juniors
Mary made the big statements in the preseason that he would have everybody in contention for selection, and the round 1 side would be picked on form.

Well a disastrous Nine's hit out, an understrength and lack lustre Tigers trial, and a woeful Charity Shield performance put paid to that idea. So he reverts back to the default position of same old, same old with a delusion that he will get a different result to 2016. We may catch the Panthers off guard this Saturday, but I will not be holding my breath.

I'm ready to hear that preseason injuries to Dufty, Matthews, Havilli, Hutchinson etc disrupted preparations and IF he had them available it would have been a different result.

Having said that, I have to admit the McGregor must be a cursed, because of the number of key players that seem to break down under his watch. Another reason that the sooner he is gone the better.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
One of my friends is a physio w the club who said the team is picking itself except the centres is living difficult to pick plus I saw one of the sessions last week at Win - they played a 13 on 13 contact game
One session had Milne / Mann outside WIDDOP and Mcrone then they flipped centre pairings to Lafai / Aitken.

That just shows how one dimensional McGregor's thinking is. He can't pick the best player from each pairing (Aitken and Mann for example), he has to pick the pairing as a whole.

ALSGI

Bench
I'm glad I couldn't post on here for a few hours after I saw the team list at 4pm as I was on the road - sorry to all the other drivers that copped my rage. f**k I was pissed off. Now that I've calmed down I think it's just bewildering.

Thanks to Dragonsammy - for the good info re the Sharks game last year and JD - I didn't know, but that just pissed me off more!

Mickeylane I hope you're right re Milne/Mann and Field but where does that leave Aitken ?

McCrone, Laffai, Widdiot and poor old Flo need to go or we're going to see a repeat of 2016. No Attack.

We will have a better idea 4.30pm Friday, then by nlt 3.30pm Saturday.

Surely not the shame shit again.....please.

Old Timer

Coach

You need to talk to your friend the physio as he could well be "the key".
If he is really good at his job we could have a much better team by round 2.

Dragon66

Juniors

Mickey, my view is that it won't make any difference which centre pairing we run out with if McCrone and Widdop are incapable of suppling them with quality ball in suitable attacking opportunities.

That was Marshall and Widdop and McCrone's weakness last season. The only difference this year is no Marshall. Not sure why they should be any better this season, but the first three rounds will tell the story.

Our so called monster pack got monstered by the Rabbits in the CS trial, so not a very reassuring start in that department.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
1 word for this selection. BORING. Looks like Mary not looking at staying on past 6 weeks and is selecting a side that will get him the boot.