What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
Waqa Blake will be starting. You can take that to the bank.

Sure. And I agree, at his best, I think Blake is the better player and gives stronger back field carries.

That said, he’s a little rattled at the moment. After his drop on Friday night, he was squeezing the eyeballs out of the ball on each carry and was seemingly scared shitless to make a mistake.

A small psyche win of what I described before would be good. Guess it’s moot because it’ll never happen.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yes it's an Eels love fest. Enjoy.

I listen to Podcasts to put me to sleep. Not being disrespectful. It just works for me. Listened to this one last night. I quite enjoyed it. Gotta love their passion. It somewhat resembles mine.
Go you magnificent Eels.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I already got GF tickets

But email come through regarding tomorrow tickets for members in Eels supporters bay

Looks like starting base is $199

Chipmunk

Coach
Ok I bought a single ($49 resold for $81) ticket through Ticketek Marketplace in the nose bleeds. This is my fall-back plan if I can’t get seats for my crew 10am Monday.

If I do secure seats as planned, then one of you guys can have it for what I paid for it.
I've also just bought a single ticket through the Ticketek Marketplace, $65 ticket for $98. Also up high, but at least it's on the side (albeit probably inline with the try line down one end)

I'm still actually partly undecided though on whether I am going to go or not. I have been to two before and we lost, I'm hoping it is third time lucky. I obviously have to come from the 'berra too, but at the price of the ticket I've decided I can wear the cost if I don't attend. However, if I decide not to go I will sell and let everyone know.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm still actually partly undecided though on whether I am going to go or not. I have been to two before and we lost, I'm hoping it is third time lucky. I obviously have to come from the 'berra too, but at the price of the ticket I've decided I can wear the cost if I don't attend. However, if I decide not to go I will sell let everyone know.
I've been to 9 Eels GF's for four wins. I'm hoping it's 10 times lucky!

Seriously mate, just go.
The whole day is such a great experience, and these opportunities don't come around very often.

Noise

Coach

Seriously mate, just go.
The whole day is such a great experience, and these opportunities don't come around very often.
Yep. It’s the whole day that’s awesome. Losing in 09 sucked but the whole lead up, getting there on public transport with pumped up eels fans, catching up with ur eels mates beforehand at the brewery for 15 schooners and then seeing a sea of blue and gold in the stadium is priceless. No way I’d be missing this 🤘Win or lose I’m going to have a f**ken epic time!

Chipmunk

Coach
Know what I’d be doing?

I’d get a crowd announcer at the open training session on Monday to announce a bomb catching contest between Simonsson and Blake.

Give them five attempts each and the winner starts in the Grand Final. Small sample size. Not like you get 100 attempts in a game. Have the Reggie’s screaming down at them. Hell, buy Adam Reynolds a boat to come down and sky them. You have our parochial fans putting the pressure on in conjunction with knowing a place in the team is at stake.

I can’t think of anything else that would come close to the pressure of the match. It may not be of the same elk, but the winner would feel a hell of a lot more confident going into the game.
Be cheaper to get Burton, although he may not be as willing to help!

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Yep. It’s the whole day that’s awesome. Losing in 09 sucked but the whole lead up, getting there on public transport with pumped up eels fans, catching up with ur eels mates beforehand at the brewery for 15 schooners and then seeing a sea of blue and gold in the stadium is priceless. No way I’d be missing this 🤘
I was bit the same, which is why I ended up just getting a ticket.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Seriously mate, just go.

Yup agree

And those without a ticket
Get into Parra. Anytime from breakfast time. The whole CBD and surrounds will be buzzing all day long like nothing else. Plenty of places to watch the game amongst fellow Eels brothers and sisters

Not sure if they will open up Commbank Stadium, they should

Stormy36

Juniors
I've also just bought a single ticket through the Ticketek Marketplace, $65 ticket for $98. Also up high, but at least it's on the side (albeit probably inline with the try line down one end)

I'm still actually partly undecided though on whether I am going to go or not. I have been to two before and we lost, I'm hoping it is third time lucky. I obviously have to come from the 'berra too, but at the price of the ticket I've decided I can wear the cost if I don't attend. However, if I decide not to go I will sell and let everyone know.
I won't be going for that exact reason. I'm convinced I'm cursed. The last game I seen us win live was 2005. I would of been to 40 games since then and we have lost them all

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep. It’s the whole day that’s awesome. Losing in 09 sucked but the whole lead up, getting there on public transport with pumped up eels fans, catching up with ur eels mates beforehand at the brewery for 15 schooners and then seeing a sea of blue and gold in the stadium is priceless. No way I’d be missing this 🤘Win or lose I’m going to have a f**ken epic time!
Which brewery?

Suitman

Post Whore
Yup agree

And those without a ticket
Get into Parra. Anytime from breakfast time. The whole CBD and surrounds will be buzzing all day long like nothing else. Plenty of places to watch the game amongst fellow Eels brothers and sisters

Not sure if they will open up Commbank Stadium, they should

Exactly.

In 2009, I had 8 mates from NZ come out and I stayed in town with them the night before.
On the Sunday morning, I took them all out to Parra leagues Club for beers. From memory, we got there about. I think we got there about 11 am. The place was chockers. Stayed for a couple of hours and I introduced some of them to some former Eels stars.
The Kiwis were blown away. We then all headed off to the game.

Funny side story.

We walked back to Parra station to get the train to the game.
While we were standing on the platform, an announcement came over the loudspeaker system.

"Paraphrasing" - it went something like this -

"For all the Parramatta Eels fans heading to the Grand Final, the next train will arrive in 3 minutes on Platform 1. This will be a direct service to Sydney Olympic Park.
"If there are any Melbourne Storm fans here, Sydney Trains suggest that you move to Platform 3. The next service to Penrith arrives in 8 minutes".

🤣
True story.

Latest posts