What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday Rnd 7 vs Knights

Gronk

Staff member
I totally agree, he was slow and very cumbersome. My thoughts were that he will not see 1st grade again this year. I am dumbfounded that he is listed in the reserves.
It was between Jake, Carty, Rein or Emu. The rest are not top 30.

Of those 4 Carty and Rein should not be rewarded for being rubbish. Emu is not ready (but could play).

Jake is selected like Haze was for yesterday. He will only see the grass if we get an injury 1-7.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just remember every dude you bring off the bench is fewer minutes for someone else. But you have to pick 17 so why not use one slot for injury cover?

Noise

Coach
It was between Jake, Carty, Rein or Emu. The rest are not top 30.

Of those 4 Carty and Rein should not be rewarded for being rubbish. Emu is not ready (but could play).

Jake is selected like Haze was for yesterday. He will only see the grass if we get an injury 1-7.
How was Carty rubbish yesterday? He made 14 runs for 112m, 1 try assist, 23 tackles with 0 missed and 0 ineffective (100% tackle efficiency) and 1 error.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s his recent performances in first grade that are alarming. How many solid games in reserve grade make up for that?

Noise

Coach
It’s his recent performances in first grade that are alarming. How many solid games in reserve grade make up for that?
What is alarming?

His last game in first grade he only missed 1 tackle (against Fifita who is the hardest merkin to tackle, as did Matterson).

I think in the game prior against St George he only missed one tackle too.

And we won them both.

Gronk

Staff member
How was Carty rubbish yesterday? He made 14 runs for 112m, 1 try assist, 23 tackles with 0 missed and 0 ineffective (100% tackle efficiency) and 1 error.
He was standing in the 6 position a lot and often received the ball as first receiver. My thinking yesterday was for him to play some 6 maybe he could be used for that benchy #17. He's too erratic. Gets caught of position. It's almost like he clocks off mentally. Maybe he has ADHD. Get him on the ritalin BA. The ^^^ missed tackles stats must only count if he attempts.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He was standing in the 6 position a lot and often received the ball as first receiver. My thinking yesterday was for him to play some 6 maybe he could be used for that benchy #17. He's too erratic. Gets caught of position. It's almost like he clocks off mentally. Maybe he has ADHD. Get him on the ritalin BA. The ^^^ missed tackles stats must only count if he attempts.
Can you point us to any instances this year where he didnt attempt a tackle he should have?

Gazzamatta

Coach
He didnt look good yesterday stats aside. He did a few of those Hail Mary plays one of which let to a try but fu*k knows how. He seems to have gone backwards this year but if its a choice between him and Jake, Carty wins every day in my book. Maybe Cartys fall coincides with Jakes miraculous rise and Cartys not happy.

yy_cheng

Coach
I've got a feeling that they don't expect to be able to resign both moses and Brown. Maybe can keep 1

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So JA who is still only 19, returns from a serious operation and hasn’t played for a few weeks. Makes 16 runs for 136 m….has 1 LBA, 2 TA, but we still doubt his potential…yeah he his NRL selection is debatable but the kid has talent

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel sorry for the kid I really do because there are better options, unless of course Moses or Brown and under an injury cloud.

I mentioned this earlier. Squads moving forward would do well if can have a guy in system for 10yrs who is only ever a back up.
Jake maybe that guy. Throw him 150k a season to just know our system. He is 19 so by the time he is 21 he will fill out and understand what's needed. Might be the guy that isn't good enough to be in anyones top 17 (barring injuries) but good enough for this role.

Anyone who think he will fill out and be a forward I reckon are off heads. Matterson was always a powerfull runner of the ball. Jake isn't. I see him as a half and that's it. Most likely in the mould I just suggested

crocodile

Bench
Not much happens in my day to day life. When my phone rang I become excited. Untill I seen it had 14 digits and some Indian on the other end trying to sign me up to something.
I usually get the Indian telling me someone is trying to hack my computer. I love playing with these guys. Always try to get you to run Team Viewer.
Type T for Tango.
Now type E for Echo.
Hang on a minute, I can't remember how to spell Tango.
No, No, not Tango, just T.
But you said T for Tango, just tell me how to spell Tango.
And so on.

Latest posts