What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 8 vs Dogs : Sat 1 May 2021 5:30pm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well who saw this coming and where the f**k does Haze play when he comes on ?

Dunster flew home from Darwin with BA on the red eye and played NSW cup the next day with f**k all sleep as he was our injury sub in Darwin, maybe BA thinks he owes him one.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well who saw this coming and where the f**k does Haze play when he comes on ?

Dunster flew home from Darwin with BA on the red eye and played NSW cup the next day with f**k all sleep as he was our injury sub in Darwin, maybe BA thinks he owes him one.
Yep. Brthur thinks outside the box. Can understand Emu Greg being relegated. He needs game time and he won't get that in the Ones. Given Dunsters face is on this week's Promo I can't see him being subbed.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Dogs’ attack is horrible. If we let in more than one try I’ll be cranky.
Their defence can be relatively decent at times (at least not as poor as Broncos/Tigers) so I’m not assuming we will rack up a huge score. I’m hoping for an 18+ victory.

Their defence has been ok in the first half of games, but they just haven't the grunt to keep it up, their capitulations in the second half, particularly the last 20 - 30 mins have been appalling.

I reckon we will destroy them in the last 20, they just won't handle our go forward at all.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Could be BA is looking to give Dunster a bit of game time without the pressure of having him start.

If we are well in control he can sub him in, if it's close, he warms the pine.

It's not like BA is one to use a bloke on the bench just because he's there. He may only get 5 or 10 mins right at the backend of the second half. Wouldn't be the first time BA's done that.

So these are the games that are the real test. Like the saints game which we lost, the saints were come off a strong win the week before and we under estimated them. Dogs are coming off their first win and they will be fired up. It will be a big test to see if we actually turn up with the right attitude. A loss here would show again that our team is not up for it mentally. We need to win well here.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So these are the games that are the real test. Like the saints game which we lost, the saints were come off a strong win the week before and we under estimated them. Dogs are coming off their first win and they will be fired up. It will be a big test to see if we actually turn up with the right attitude. A loss here would show again that our team is not up for it mentally. We need to win well here.
We've already shown what we are capable of when we play to our ability. A loss against the Dogs wont change that and won't mean plop in the scheme of things.

If we lose to the Dogs and then suddenly start playing at that level every week then we'll have a problem. The ocassional blip is fine if we still stay in the Top 4.

JokerEel

First Grade

The boys can't go into this game expecting an easy win.
They need to kick deep and chase hard Moses needs to control the game.