What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Round 2 v Sharks

Glenneel

Bench
The thing is Nick Meaney is a great full back. Yes Paps is top 5 fullback in game.But Meaney I feel is better defensively and links well. Also a better ball player. He would be in the top 12 fullbacks in the NRL.
I don't rate him that highly but definately top 17 tho.

Pazza

First Grade
Russell swooped on a loose ball in the trials. Did anyone expect him to get caught as easy as he did ?
Yeah I was shocked, we never have any speed. Something ba doesn't prioritise it seems.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I was shocked, we never have any speed. Something ba doesn't prioritise it seems.

Is Penriths backline any faster?

Crighton = Waqa
Dylan = Guth - Edwards maybe slightly faster
Tago = Penisini
Toó = Sivo
May = Russel

So one of the most dominant sides in history did it with a backline that has no real known speedsters. They are however all strong, physical, safe and break tackles. I'd say that is more important.

Waqa,Russel are farily quick. The other 3 are OK. In general your very fast guys with quick acceleration are smaller and weak.
Alex Johnston, JAC, Papenhuyzen etc. Your Tedescos are extremely rare. How many players in the NRL are good powerfull size and accelerate like Teddy?

Plus when Turbo is fit he is the no 1 player in game. He doesn't accelerate fast or have a huge top speed.

JAC and Johnston are great if you have a dominant side, get a lot of possesion, have good halves and playing weaker sides. They can burn the opposition to pieces. Put them in sides that are average and they can have games where they contribute almost nothing. Johnstons lucky to have played in an electric Spuths backline. JAC also in Melbourne. But some of his games for the Dogs his output is 65mtrs and being ragdolled.

84 Baby

Referee
There’s being fast as in over an extended distance such as Waqa or even Gutho, and there’s being quick as in acceleration which I would put Penisini and Russell in that category more

yy_cheng

Coach
There’s being fast as in over an extended distance such as Waqa or even Gutho, and there’s being quick as in acceleration which I would put Penisini and Russell in that category more
Gutho i wouldnt say is quick but he is evasive and can maintain his top speed for a longer time so chasers slows down whilst chasing as they cant maintain the speed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The word you are looking for is endurance
*edudance
OIP.roejO5e3hXaeKsM0yxkfuwHaCI

The Predictor

Juniors

Grieg and Murchie are the only two I think that could be ok in the long run.
Murchie wasn't great but he was far from awful. Unsure why he copped it so much on here. To me he was just average.
Moimesea I should give a chance but I have been very critical based on his small legs
[/QUOTE]
Momosea is a park footballer, murchie and Greg will b okay

the phantom menace

First Grade
So we trim this down to 19 tomorrow?

Expecting the bottom three to get cut (Dunster, Ogden, Rodwell), and Simonssen retained in the 19 until gameday in case there's an issue with Russell's return.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Russell swooped on a loose ball in the trials. Did anyone expect him to get caught as easy as he did ?
I hope he goes well but to be honest he showed very little and got rag dolled on the reggies games I saw him play.
Need him to have a big season.

Latest posts