What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

IFR33K

Coach
@hindy111 are you up to giving us the blueprint for success this weekend after having the jab.

You’re probably the most knowledgeable one here about the eels and def the most knowledgeable about the panthers.

hopefully you can.

hindy111

Post Whore
@hindy111 are you up to giving us the blueprint for success this weekend after having the jab.

You’re probably the most knowledgeable one here about the eels and def the most knowledgeable about the panthers.

hopefully you can.

I wouldn't touch them at $1.24.
Yes we only beat the Knights. But they completed at 89%. I think a few errors in last 10 mins chasing also otherwise above 90%.
Manly where 72%. Roosters and Titans 67%
Penrith looked off against Souths but Souths played great. It was a close loss.They welcome back Leota and Edwards.

To beat them we must play a slow game. Our forwards are bigger,stronger more aggressive and powerful in general. There's are faster and fitter. A quick game and they'll tire us after 30 mins and just make us look poor. Cleary will grind us with his kicking game and just try and sap us.
So to beat them just keep it slow. Use whatever tactics you need. HIAs,injuries,Talking to refs.
Kick for touch. If they make an error make sure you double knock on so it's a scrum etc.
We do not want a fast game. That is when guys like Yeo,JFH,Sorenson,Martin,Capewell look great. Keep it slow and calculated.

Also you need to get under their skin." Don't choke guys. You are best side in history remember". Keep them in check. Nothing nasty it will fire them up.Just words to get their nerves going.

This is not a super side. It's a very good side that Gus Gould has beat up all over the media to make everyone think its some powerhouse he created. They had their arses smashed in the Grand final. They've not looked great for a few months. They should still be too strong for us but finals is a funny game. We are a definite chance.

IFR33K

Coach
Yes we only beat the Knights. But they completed at 89%. I think a few errors in last 10 mins chasing also otherwise above 90%.
Penrith looked off against Souths but Souths played great. It was a close loss.They welcome back Leota and Edwards.

To beat them we must play a slow game. Our forwards are bigger,stronger more aggressive and powerful in general. There's are faster and fitter. A quick game and they'll tire us after 30 mins and just make us look poor. Cleary will grind us with his kicking game and just try and sap us.
So to beat them just keep it slow. Use whatever tactics you need. HIAs,injuries,Talking to refs.
Kick for touch. If they make an error make sure you double knock on so it's a scrum etc.
We do not want a fast game. That is when guys like Yeo,JFH,Sorenson,Martin,Capewell look great. Keep it slow and calculated.

Also you need to get under their skin." Don't choke guys. You are best side in history remember". Keep them in check. Nothing nasty it will fire them up.Just words to get their nerves going.

This is not a super side. It's a very good side that Gus Gould has beat up all over the media to make everyone think its some powerhouse he created. They had their arses smashed in the Grand final. They've not looked great for a few months. They should still be too strong for us but finals is a funny game. We are a definite chance.

Awesome. I think south’s also handled te’o Well. We must replicate this.

Cloeel

Juniors
I think this weekend is a very "winnable" game for us.

I actually think that it is a more winnable game then the Storm game a couple weeks back.

Panthers are a bit off at the moment - I hope Ivan loses his nerve is banging on and in there heads all week.

For the Panthers at the moment they are in a less is more type of situation. As long as we improve on last week I think we can win quite easily. Panthers beat themselves against souths last week - no reason why they won't do the same this week.

lingard

Coach
A lot of variables to be considered in this game. A he'll of a lot. But I really think that if Dylan Brown can just have a little more impact with his attacking game (maybe 20%) it will go a long way toward a Parramatta victory. You can do this, Dylan. GO PARRA!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Now he's back at middle half, he just wants to get the ball to Gutherson (left) and Moses (right). Interestingly, late in the game against Newcastle, Moses went to the middle with Drown left and Gutherson on the right, like in 2019. Maybe trying to give Drown more opportunities to run?

Gazzamatta

Coach

No wind in the second half after battling it in the first half didnt help either.

No wind in the second half after battling it in the first half didnt help either.
Pssst...

shopping