What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

Kornstar

Coach
I can see us keeping with them for about 60 mins and then they run away with it at the end.

OR

We lose 52-4.

Who knows with this team........

lingard

Coach
Now he's back at middle half, he just wants to get the ball to Gutherson (left) and Moses (right). Interestingly, late in the game against Newcastle, Moses went to the middle with Drown left and Gutherson on the right, like in 2019. Maybe trying to give Drown more opportunities to run?
No such thing as middle half. He's a five-eight. Period.

Gronk

Staff member
There is a NRL semi final preview podcast with three random in-house journos and two out of three say that the Eels have the momentum and Penrith are on the slide. Have they not seen the betting ?

64865365-AB37-4C0B-A618-0BBF2821CA40.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
The 2019 game against Brisbane was our grand final, which was a bit dumb in hindsight. It wasn't the first time we had a massive win late in the season and then fell apart. In 2017 we smashed the second place Broncos in Brisbane in round 25. In 2014 we beat first placed Manly in round 24, then lost to the Knights and Raiders.

2017 was a missed opportunity if we knocked off Melbourne in week 1 that was our GF that year we through everything into that game and fell agonisingly short. That would have been exactly the same as souths beating penrith and flipped the whole draw.

Instead of facing cowboys we would have a week off and played brisbane in a prelim who we had the wood on. And would have pitted storm/Roosters onto the same side of draw. Not saying we would have even made the GF or won the comp. But even the roosters weren't as strong that year didnt have cronk, tedesco. So we could have come up against storm again in the GF and got pummeled

BF4226EA-C5C4-4052-9C54-EB2A1F2E9BAD.jpeg
Ivan is the biggest “ Karen” in the game.

It’s no secret, Nate has serious shoulder issues, thus the illegal protection all year.

Bea will need to come up with a really cunning plan to put pressure on him.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Only 2 from 16 in the NRL.com tipping have gone with us. 1 is a diehard hard that never tips against us (Mary K) and the other is some bloke named Goran who I’ve never heard of (though I’m sure is an absolute pain in the ass)

all 16 tipped Manly with zero love for the chooks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No such thing as middle half. He's a five-eight. Period.
Well he wears six and his defence and running game are his strengths. Is that what you meant? Regarding structure he is usually closer to the middle of the field than our other two (non-hooker) spine players, at least in attack. In defence he plays on the left.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well he wears six and his defence and running game are his strengths. Is that what you meant? Regarding structure he is usually closer to the middle of the field than our other two (non-hooker) spine players, at least in attack. In defence he plays on the left.

Excellent focus

Take @strider under your wing please.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'd like to know how many try assist assists Dylan has. Probably as many as Gutho has try assists.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
hehe ... I'm this many generations .... 🦘🦘🦘... then from 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 ..... I get sunburn by the moonlight

I do know some gorans tho .... pretty smart merkins
OIP.nccw_RjaAn76LUz6mK0GCwHaGV

Latest posts