What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

King-Gutho94

Coach
I agree, yeah it wasnt a great or brilliant, but it was pretty solid.

Knights played good. Both sides completed at 89% (and defended good). And the score line was fairly misleading. Drown obstruction shouldn’t have been awarded, while Fergo’s stupidity to go for an intercepted gifted them a try. Without those 2 tries it’s a solid win.

Additionally the conditions were a lot worse then the other 3 games, 30 or so degrees. And a few of our players were working themselves back into the game after a week off.

definitely massive improvement required against panthers but did ok last week
Humidity in Townsville on the saturday would have been worse i reckon.

Both Penrith and souths looks knackered with 10 mins to go

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did I hear Rothfield correctly? He said that he thinks coach Cleary may have messed up by not resting his best players in Rnd25. Geeze these guys can't remember what they say from one week to another.
Penrith are a chance of losing this game and if they do the media need a better story than 'sometimes the stronger team loses'. They'll blame Cleary because blaming merkins and creating extra drama sells more ad space.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BAs latest presser arching up about his record again. Claims hes done a few things different this year like lessening workloads. Really? Rheed might not agree although Im sure he was happy to go 80 every week and come back asap from his dislocated shoulder.

BAs latest presser arching up about his record again. Claims hes done a few things different this year like lessening workloads. Really? Rheed might not agree although Im sure he was happy to go 80 every week and come back asap from his dislocated shoulder.
That was a pretty disappointing interview.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He has lessened workloads and spread the love around. I know that because I've seen plenty of criticism regarding players that have been left out.

eels_fan

First Grade
Massive out for them. That’s 200m + of yardage they’ll be missing as Naden offers very little in that area. If we can get on top of their forwards and tire them out, we will get over the top of them

IFR33K

Coach
BA interview today

- matterson will probably play middle
- boys will be better for the run last week. Due to week of wouIdnt be at 100%. But were strong at the end of each half.

Wow matto playing middle is interesting. Wasn’t someone arguing that he wasn’t capable or can’t do it because he hadn’t seen it done.

I think I like the idea of him playing in the middle.

84 Baby

Referee
Chicago Bulls Sport GIF by NBA
That’s often how I look on game days, whittling me fingers to the bone

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wow matto playing middle is interesting. Wasn’t someone arguing that he wasn’t capable or can’t do it because he hadn’t seen it done.

I think I like the idea of him playing in the middle.
Not surprising. BA turns every edge into a middle.