What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team name and stadium

yankeeboy

Juniors
Marlins sound the best.

I think that if the Pirates name sticks, they should still have Capt. Charger as the mascot, but make him into a pirate!

Bears would be good. They could affiliate with Burleigh Leagues and North Sydney Leagues (thus with Seagulls), and could use North Sydney as a NSW feeder/juniors club.

Schoolies would be a great name, but would never happen.

I think that the QRL should just tell Redcliffe to shove it, though, and let the First Grade team become the Dolphins, instead of listening to the reserves. It is almost the equivalent of Wyong telling the ARL they cannot be the Kangaroos, because they had it first, or vice versa.

Moffo

Referee
hahaha

Gold Coast Teryakis
Gold Coast Fujifilms
Gold Coast Rising Suns

Na I think that they should go for something original. I like the Pirates name...butttt

How about the

Gold Coast Seashells

or

Gold Coast Sunshowers

ucantseeme

Juniors
Let's see...we've had the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers...since this is the 4th version of the Gold Coast may I suggest:

"Gold Coast Quattro" (quattro means 4 in italian)

It may be a bit unconventional but I don't want a team with an american sounding name like the Titans or Cougars or Pirates. We need to think outside the box here people. It' still better than a name with no meaning like the Force or the Roar.

Idealistically it would be nice to have an Aussie team name like Koalas , Dingoes, etc but I doubt the consortium will go down that road as being to jingoistic perhaps.

Gold Coast Quattro...Go the Quattro's!

It would pretty much guarantee Audi as a major sponsor which is good

Knightmare

Coach
Waves, Breakers, Dumpers etc. are all lamearse names with no substance to them. They're the sort of names 20-something year old women with no interest in League would come up with. Pirates sounds good 9and this guy at my Uni reckons the old Gold Coast rep teams were called the Pirates) but my favorite is the Marlins. So much so that I intend to send the bid team my logo and jersey design for it- a tough looking logo with an animal that could be associated with the Gold Coast (the same way Dolphins are).

Iafeta

Referee
How about Cougars

Imagine the cheerleaders - I'll have five cougars, thanks. You'd get sponsorship from them too!

Or the Gold Coast Retreads. Back in the comp, but also home of Indy.

DIEHARD

----
As someone (Sorry I forgot who it was.) previously pointed out, take a look at the NFL Buccaneers and see what could be done with a Pirates theme!

buccaneers_ship.jpg

350X273_Photos_buc_cove.jpg

ship.jpg

Kick arse!
http://www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_buccaneers/samples/sample.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
I like the idea of the Gold Coast Pirates playing out of a stadium name like Black Pearl Stadium, as pointed out by the example of the Buc in the NFL, the stadium possibilites and marketing oppertunities are endless :)

It would be easy to market, merchandise such as hats, eye patches etc would sell like hot cakes IMO... Also the pirates is something kids (the future generation of GC tragics) will find cool to get on board

Phillips

Referee
im a fan of the Seagulls, but if they want to start a new "era" then i really like the Marlins

Pirates sounds gay *shakes head*

DIEHARD

----
attamarrap said:
what about vikings

Canberra are the Vikings (Raiders).

Phillips said:
Pirates sounds gay *shakes head*

In actual fact there would be few things historically more terrifying than pirates.

And there was never a Pirate member of the Village People. :lol: