What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week and going forward

You do realise that up until he was in the side, and playing fullback (and one game at 5/8), that we hadn't even won a game this year? He came back and got us starting to win, which we have continued without him.

Yes I’m aware of that but the team has moved to a different level, ie the performance against the Broncos. I just think he doesn’t fit. Like Chad doesn’t fit. The team looked very complete and confident. Most (8 or 9) of them played in the successful Jets side and have that player knowledge. Notice not many dropped balls last night.
You said "I don't think we can win with Moylan"
Hello... we already had won with him.
Maybe think a little harder, or maybe a little less, not sure which one will work.

carinashark

First Grade
Ok your right and I should have written ‘we cannot win again with Moylan’.
Oh and thanks for the advice on my thinking. I promise you I will keep that in mind.

Ok your right and I should have written ‘we cannot win again with Moylan’.
Oh and thanks for the advice on my thinking. I promise you I will keep that in mind.
I've been lucky enough to go to a few games this year and my favourite one was the one at Bankwest where there were only 400 odd of in there and you could hear everything that was going on, on the field.
It was Moyzas first game back and he sat behind the ruck directing all the traffic, not Chad, not SJ, both of whom had been getting slaughtered in here, on social media, and mainstream media.
Then in defence he was also directing where Every one should be.
He ran the game, the Dogs knew it but couldn't control his input. He'd move to the blind side and they would follow, but guess what? The play went to the open side which left holes for SJ to exploit. It's no coincidence that his (SJ) game took off after Moyza came back, and I applaud him for keeping it going after Moyza has been gone.
I've stated that I like Will Kennedy a lot, but he is not in Moyzas league, yet.

bluefox68

Staff member
I've been lucky enough to go to a few games this year and my favourite one was the one at Bankwest where there were only 400 odd of in there and you could hear everything that was going on, on the field.
It was Moyzas first game back and he sat behind the ruck directing all the traffic, not Chad, not SJ, both of whom had been getting slaughtered in here, on social media, and mainstream media.
Then in defence he was also directing where Every one should be.
He ran the game, the Dogs knew it but couldn't control his input. He'd move to the blind side and they would follow, but guess what? The play went to the open side which left holes for SJ to exploit. It's no coincidence that his (SJ) game took off after Moyza came back, and I applaud him for keeping it going after Moyza has been gone.
I've stated that I like Will Kennedy a lot, but he is not in Moyzas league, yet.
Good post!

There is a lot of stuff that happens in a game of rugby league that we 'average fans' don't see (or hear), and the media doesn't help with our skewed perceptions.

I guess this is why the coaches persevere with certain players, and most people don't understand why...

A good example (even though I hate the Roosters) - who would pick Mitch Aubusson to be a key member of their team? And yet here he is, playing nearly 300 games?!?

carinashark

First Grade
Well he should be back soon and will probably be playing against teams with higher rated defence . He may have to do more tackling as well.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Team this week will be interesting. If Moylan, Duges and Jesse are back we will be back to almost full strength minus Chad (ew) and Fifita.

There will be guys missing out that don’t deserve to be (Kennedy being the first one that springs to mind.)

Some hard selection headaches for Bomber but that’s a good issue to have. I’d definitely be keeping Trindall at 7 with Tracey coming off the bench again.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Team this week will be interesting. If Moylan, Duges and Jesse are back we will be back to almost full strength minus Chad (ew) and Fifita.

There will be guys missing out that don’t deserve to be (Kennedy being the first one that springs to mind.)

Some hard selection headaches for Bomber but that’s a good issue to have. I’d definitely be keeping Trindall at 7 with Tracey coming off the bench again.

Kennedy shouldn't miss out. If Moylan is fit he and SJ should and I expect will be the halves. Maybe Moylan starts from the bench for 1 game but untill Chad is back thats what they should go with.

Maybe a few weeks at 5/8th will be good for Moylan's legs. Slowly build up that strength.

Let's see how long Moylan lasts this time.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What I expect

1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Dugan
4. Ramien
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan
7. Johnson
8. Uele
9. Brailey
10. Woods
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. Rudolf

14. Tracey
15. Talakai
16. Williams
17. Hunt

Most people don’t doubt what Moylan brings to the team.

We are a better team with him.

But there is big doubts on him having a sustained period of time staying healthy.

So good to see plan B & C haven’t been going to bad albeit against lower opposition.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
What I expect
1. Moylan
2. Ronald
3. Dugan
4 Ramien
5. Katia
6. Johnson
7. Trindall
8. BHU
9. Brailey
10. Woods
11. Nikora (last chance before Wilton starts)
12. Wade
13. Rudolf (Williams to start)

14. Tracey
15. Talakai
16. Williams (will start)
17. Hunt

18. Wilton
19. Kennedy
20. Sorenson
21. Magoulis

bluefox68

Staff member
Stakey - whatdya reckon about this team for 2021?!?!?!

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Johnson
7. Trindall
8. Hamlin-Uele
9. Brailey
10. Woods
11. Wilton
12. Nikora
13. Graham (c)

Bench
14. Rudolf
15. Talakai
16. Hunt
17. Tracey

Tiger Shark

Bench

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Johnson
7. Trindall
8. Hamlin-Uele
9. Brailey
10. Woods
11. Wilton
12. Nikora
13. Graham (c)

Bench
14. Rudolf
15. Talakai
16. Hunt
17. Tracey

Needs more Graham at Prop, Tracey at Hooker and Hunt at Lock.

Version IV

Juniors

1. Mulitalo
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Ferris
5. Dugan
6. Johnson
7. Trindall
8. Hamlin-Uele
9. Brailey
10. Woods
11. Wilton
12. Nikora