What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week and going forward

bluefox68

Staff member
Yep and they lost 36-10, though Ronnie wasn't too blame he didn't have a fantastic game. Scored a try though.

It's pretty much the only game he's played at FB aside from mid game coverage he's played in a long time. And most of the time Katoa went to fullback for the Jets when there was in injury.

If you're going to give him a go at Fullback let him do it in NSW cup before First grade.

Besides he's a future centre imo, and fact he's played there in NYC and Jets suggest that's where the clubs see him going, Perhaps after Dugan retires/contract ends.
Okay.

Yes, I will admit ignorance!!!

It’s all good.

ghoti

Bench
Ronnie's got a career winger feel to him imo, not seeing a lot of fullback or centre play in him really, but he's going great out wide. Let him fill out and become a top winger instead of asking too much of him

azzah72

Bench
The team could look kinda poor if some of the injuries don't recover.

Any backline with Goodwin and Nene McDonald will be terrifying.

Version IV

Juniors
Ronnie's got a career winger feel to him imo, not seeing a lot of fullback or centre play in him really, but he's going great out wide. Let him fill out and become a top winger instead of asking too much of him

And quality wingers are hard to come by, yardage coming back from kicks, early hit ups, and taking try scoring opportunities

bluefox68

Staff member
I reckon we’ve got some exciting prospects coming through.

I’m actually thinking Teig Wilton looks a better prospect than Nikora at the moment.

I’m loving our new bench forwards - i.e. Talakai, Hunt, Wilton...

We need to hang on to Rudolf. If the Warriors want ‘equal value’ - give them Jack Williams... LOL - or Woods or Fifita... or Sorrow-son...

Quicksilver

Bench
Not sure how last night’s line up would go against a better team.

Still very green but a lot of good signs too.

They’ve got the right attitude but they got caught out a few times in defence and occasionally a bit overpowered. That will come though.

We weren’t particularly threatening in attack when we got the repeat sets, but hopefully that will come too. I’m glad that we just kept pushing for those dropouts. It was the right tactic.

It’s amazing what you can do when you don’t keep coughing the ball up.

Those sets would have been mentally draining for the Broncos, even though we didn’t break through.

Version IV

Juniors
I expect Parra will beat us by 20 but at least we have some players who will have a dig when under pump
No more Goodwin or CT
Nikora needs a week out of the squad

Weaponhead

Coach
The defence is way too soft to compete against strong teams. The missed tackle count is out of control. The scramble isn't good enough. Don't wrap up noted offloaders. Line speed not competitive with better sides.

The Donks made 10 line breaks and 46 tackle breaks. Some of the breaks up the middle were very poor. A better team scores 40+ and doesn't let us score 36.

A few years ago the Sharks played grinding Flanno ball. Now it's NYC style all out attack and forget defence.

If they could combine Flanno defence with Morris attack they would be very hard to beat.

shaggs

Coach
The defence is way too soft to compete against strong teams. The missed tackle count is out of control. The scramble isn't good enough. Don't wrap up noted offloaders. Line speed not competitive with better sides.

The Donks made 10 line breaks and 46 tackle breaks. Some of the breaks up the middle were very poor. A better team scores 40+ and doesn't let us score 36.

A few years ago the Sharks played grinding Flanno ball. Now it's NYC style all out attack and forget defence.

If they could combine Flanno defence with Morris attack they would be very hard to beat.
So if you combine Morris and flanno, you get Bellamy or Robinson

roboshark

Coach
Yep it's Holden cup for sure

If we lose by a lot to Parra then penrith after that then we are as some say flat track bullies

Quigs

Immortal
In 2020 We are in the Prentenders category. Not good enough to be anywhere near a contender but way above the absolute shit group.