What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
1. Reddy / Burt
2. John Williams
3. Delaney
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. J Smith
7. T Smith
8. Cordoba
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Morrison
12. Robinson
13. Riddell

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Moi Moi / Lewis
17. Taia

couple of things.

* despite all his faults McKinnon is still the best fullback at the club, Burt also made many errors at fullback yesterday and Reddy looked quiet as usual at left centre.

* no Cayless????? ans where the hell is Hindmarsh???

* putting Lewis in the same breath as Fui is an absolute insult and bad joke.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Surely Reddy will be given a chance sooner rather then later.

You'd hope so. He has now played centre a few times in recent weeks so maybe they are looking to give him a shot their (particularly if Tahu can't back up). Inu is still a bit green and injured at the moment.

1. McKinnon
2. Williams
3. Delaney
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Smith
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Morrison

14. PJ Marsh
15. Dean Widders
16. Moimoi
17. Cordoba
18. Reddy
19. Taia

Hurriflatch

Referee
dazeely said:
This week especially with players backing up from Test we need the fittest players so again left out Stringer and chose Chad to play up front.

Parra need Tahu and Hindy to backup even though it's a game against Canberra from what I've seen this year if those two don't play Canberra will be favourites

fish eel

Immortal
I'd expect Tahu to back up and Hindy to come off the bench.

But really, we shouldnt have any NRL games this w/end.

It should be designated an 'international w/end'

Have the test and some emerging nations playing an Australia A or something.

Stagger eel

Staff member
considering the kiwis have a named a 19 man squad there's even a chance that Caylo may not get a run.

I expect him to come off the bench though.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Vella is at best a bench player.

Early on yesterday I thought his quick play the balls were getting us on the front foot. Later in the game he was dominated in tackles and held down particularly when Clark wasn't calling any penalties in that area which limited his effectiveness. But he wasn't the only one that suffered there. Cordoba's size and speed would be a bigger advantage off the bench particularly with Moimoi coming on at the same time given that Fui like many of our forwards tends to run wide as opposed to close in.

Pazza

First Grade
Avenger said:
Vella is at best a bench player.

Gotta agree with that, Vella's best asset is his speed. He would be better coming off the bench against a slower defencive line. Both he and Moi Moi are very quick over the 20. They would make plenty of metres. Stringer hits the line and leg drives. Makes him better in the opening 20 mins.

I'd like to see Vella work on his tackling technique. He never dominates players in tackles. Considering he is ment to be the strongest player at the club (or one of the strongest). I think technique is his problem.

Y2Eel

First Grade
all i wanna see is:

our halves touch the ball a hell of a lot more not just passing to forwards but trying to create things...

morrison and robinson play almost 80 mins if they can play more time then brian can swap our front rowers more..

Williams to play this weekend..

piggy to get a go in reggies (he didnt do much against manly)

we could have a few problems if jeremy smith starts playing well, who to drop for marsh to get a bench spot? cant play Jsmith piggy marsh and morris so who to drop??

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
1.Mckinnon
2.Williams
3.Burt - (played in centres 1-2 years back, was brilliant in attack, defence is suspect)
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6.J Smith
7.T Smith
8. Cayless
9.Morris
10.Vella
11. Hindy
12. Robinson
13.Morrison

14.PJ
15.Widders
16.Moi Moi
17 Riddell (used as a backrower, with occasional d half duties)

yy_cheng

Coach
Fui like many of our forwards tends to run wide as opposed to close in.

To me, Fui runs quite near the ruck compared to the likes of Hindy, Morro, Widders. Morris tends to travel 1 or 2 metres left or right before offloading to a forward so that might make it appear like Fui is running wider.

I believe Fui is good on his feet, has great acceleration and has a step, I reckon he should use it more instead of running straight and hard every play.

He should introduce Tahu's slow down a bit and then accelerate between 2 defenders rather than run straight at one, especially when that one is BK.

Latest posts