What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week

PB

Bench
McKinnon had a shocker today, but I don't think you can drop him.

Delaney was better today, but is still struggling for impact. I think he will stay there until Ben Smith is back (and has a couple of ressies games under his belt). We don't really have any other centre options. There are a couple of players who can play there, but it isn't in the interest of the club to play those players there as they are either older (Wagon) or moving on (O'Dwyer).

Widders improved a bit today, but still isn't passing the footy.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I'd choose:

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Burt (GK)
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Jeremy Smith
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. John Morris
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chad Robinson
13. Glenn Morrison

14. Mark Riddell
15. Dean Widders
16. Zeb Taia
17. Fuifui Moimoi

18. PJ Marsh

I don't like bringing Burt back but if the past is anything to go by then he'll play well after being dropped. Hayne also has to be there, Inglis made his debut last year at the same age and it did him no harm. Just give him a taste until Ben Smith is fit and he'll be much better for it in the future IMO. McKinnon and Tim Smith don't deserve to be dropped, Tim is still our most creative player and needs to be given time and Wade played one bad game, not enough to drop him after the year he's been having.

ParraAds said:
Your comments are harsh and I dont think anyone who really knows the game or plays the game would agree with you.

Then why am I right? I said early in the afternoon that having Peek and Vella in the team would cost us, and it did. I don't want to argue mate but it's right there for anyone who really knows the game to see, Vella is hopeless. I don't know if he's a friend of yours and that's why you blindly defend him, but it's the truth. He offers nothing to the team, is holding back much better players and played a huge part in us losing today.

varion

Juniors
You'd be crazy to Drop Mckinnon. We struggle for linebreaks as it is, cut him some slack. Hes only had one bad game and although he makes some stupid errors i think he comes well black when you look at the overall balance.

1 Mckinnon
2 J.Williams (or anyone but Petersen)
3 Inu
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 J.Smith
7 T.Smith
8 Caylo (no one else so he keeps his spot)
9 Morris
10 Cordoba
11 Hindy
12 Riddell (to many hookers - he can play 2nd row. He can bust the advantage line)
13 Morroson

14 Marsh
15 Widders
16 Moi Moi
17 Robinson

parralight

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'd choose:

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Burt (GK)
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Jeremy Smith
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. John Morris
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chad Robinson
13. Glenn Morrison

14. Mark Riddell
15. Dean Widders
16. Zeb Taia
17. Fuifui Moimoi

18. PJ Marsh

I don't like bringing Burt back but if the past is anything to go by then he'll play well after being dropped. Hayne also has to be there, Inglis made his debut last year at the same age and it did him no harm. Just give him a taste until Ben Smith is fit and he'll be much better for it in the future IMO. McKinnon and Tim Smith don't deserve to be dropped, Tim is still our most creative player and needs to be given time and Wade played one bad game, not enough to drop him after the year he's been having.

Then why am I right? I said early in the afternoon that having Peek and Vella in the team would cost us, and it did. I don't want to argue mate but it's right there for anyone who really knows the game to see, Vella is hopeless. I don't know if he's a friend of yours and that's why you blindly defend him, but it's the truth. He offers nothing to the team, is holding back much better players and played a huge part in us losing today.

I like your team

Bazal

Post Whore
1-McKinnon...Still our best fullback option, just struggling for form.
2-J Williams...Petersen is struggling big time, Williams is the number 2 winger at the club.
3-Delaney...One of our best today, may not be as quick as some centres but does the job in the absence of Smith very nicely.
4-Tahu...needs no explanation
5-Grothe....as above
6-J Smith...Much better option at 6 than Morris, was our main attacking weapon today
7-T Smith...Has been playing below par but is still a matchwinning half.
8-Cayless...Has been good for the past few weeks
9-Riddell...Not a bench player, must start
10-Cordoba...our most in form prop, must play 1st grade
11-Hindmarsh....needs no explanation
12-Taia...In great form, runs hard and hits hard
13-Morrison...needs to explanation

14-Marsh...we miss his impact off the bench and his dummy half skills
15-Widders...back to his best today
16-Moimoi...needs no explanation
17-Vella...good off the bench, not a starter these days

18-Burt
19-Morris

Avenger

Immortal
1. Reddy or Hayne

2. Williams

3. Inu

4. Tahu

5. Grothe

6. Mateo

7. Tim Smith ( I personally think he is close to being dropped)

8. Cayless

9. Marsh

10. Stringer

11. Hindmarsh

12. Robinson

13. Morrison

14. Widders

15. Moimoi

16. Morris

17. Riddell

Matta

Juniors
1. McKinnon - He has made some crucial mistakes, but for every mistake he does, he turns the game with another play.
2. Williams - Others have said he's been on fire in PL.
3. Delaney - No one else available.
4. Tahu - If he backs up.
5. Grothe - Defence is very suspect, but won't be dropped.
6. J Smith - Wouldn't drop him, but he gives a lot of ball to Tahu & co.
7. T Smith - He'll fire up sooner or later.
8. Cayless (c) - Hasn't been as bad the last few weeks. Will have a good game on Friday and will probably do the same on Saturday.
9. Morris - Played solidly and will keep the 9 for at least another week.
10. Cordoba - The other prop options are either injured or out of form. Moimoi can't start.
11. Hindmarsh - Will be backing up.
12. Robinson - Has done nothing wrong and has been excellent in defence. Thought he had a decent game in attack today, too.
13. Morrison - The team needs his presence.

14. Marsh - Impact. The team needs skill around the dummy-half area, too.
15. Widders - Hopefully he can reproduce today's effort.
16. Moimoi - Has been getting better since he returned from his extra long off-season.
17. Taia - Been playing well and is better than the other options available.

UNLUCKY

Riddell - A week or two in Premier League will do his form a load of good.

F OFF

Petersen
Vella

PIG

Juniors
Vella is a pansy. Absolutely hopless! He's unco, gets belted every time he hits the ball up with next to no metres made (and the ones he does make they drive him back), and his defence- the less said about that to better. He'd struggle to put Brett Hodgson down in a wrestle- absolute cat!

Would it look funny if we hid our starting prop on the wing in defence ala Campbell and Benji?

ParraAds

Juniors
PIG said:
Vella is a pansy. Absolutely hopless! He's unco, gets belted every time he hits the ball up with next to no metres made (and the ones he does make they drive him back), and his defence- the less said about that to better. He'd struggle to put Brett Hodgson down in a wrestle- absolute cat!

Would it look funny if we hid our starting prop on the wing in defence ala Campbell and Benji?

Keyboard Hero!!

You know what would look even funnier? if you actually said that to his face... being the little piss ant that u are i dare say you'd need a step ladder to do it.

PIG

Juniors
ParraAds said:
Keyboard Hero!!

You know what would look even funnier? if you actually said that to his face... being the little piss ant that u are i dare say you'd need a step ladder to do it.

I doubt it....dude I was hitting harder than Vella in under 15's. I don't give a crap if guys make mistakes- as long as they put in. Vella and Burt are the only guys in our club I see holding back week after week....others like Petersen and Peek aren't good at all but they have a crack every time they step on the field.

Avenger

Immortal
ParraAds said:
Keyboard Hero!!

Vella is crap.

Height means nothing. He is big for nothing and a f*cking powderpuff.

ParraAds

Juniors
PIG said:
I doubt it....dude I was hitting harder than Vella in under 15's. I don't give a crap if guys make mistakes- as long as they put in. Vella and Burt are the only guys in our club I see holding back week after week....others like Petersen and Peek aren't good at all but they have a crack every time they step on the field.

wow what a convincing arguement....are u a law student?

PIG

Juniors
ParraAds said:
wow what a convincing arguement....are u a law student?

I didn't know we were arguing- I said Vellas crap, and you starting rambling about my height.

I'll tell you something- go get yourself a tape of the game and watch what the Manly forwards do when hitting the ball up. Spot Vella and go at him. Then tell me what the smaller guys like Monaghan, Dunley, Burns and co do when Vella is at marker and last one up after making his pansy tackle....scoot for a free 15 metres. He is absolutely crap and i'm astounded anyone rates him. He hasn't been in good form since 2001. Thats 5 seasons ago now.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Mckinnon
2.Reddy
3.Delaney
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6.Morris
7.Smith
8.Cayless
9.Riddell
10.Stringer
11.Hindmarsh
12.Robinson
13.Morrison

14.Marsh
15.Widders
16.Moi Moi
17.Vella

ParraAds

Juniors
PIG said:
I didn't know we were arguing- I said Vellas crap, and you starting rambling about my height.

I'll tell you something- go get yourself a tape of the game and watch what the Manly forwards do when hitting the ball up. Spot Vella and go at him. Then tell me what the smaller guys like Monaghan, Dunley, Burns and co do when Vella is at marker and last one up after making his pansy tackle....scoot for a free 15 metres. He is absolutely crap and i'm astounded anyone rates him. He hasn't been in good form since 2001. Thats 5 seasons ago now.

You are a moron....I really cant think of anything more to say, do you mind if I ask how old u are? anything over 3 and ill be amazed...

Avenger

Immortal
ParraAds said:
You are a moron....I really cant think of anything more to say, do you mind if I ask how old u are? anything over 3 and ill be amazed...

Take it easy. Why is he a moron because he doesn't rate the pissants in the team?

PIG

Juniors
ParraAds said:

Sorry you can't handle the truth mate- Vella makes Josh Perry look as tough as Fuifui.... i'll leave it at that before I get another msg of the Colonel.

Latest posts