What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of 2006, Best of the Best

Nutzcraw

Juniors
Noa Nandruku said:
Not much love much for Stevie T. Take away his first 3-4 games and he's been the stand-out winger for mine.

Totally agree... i actually wrote his name in then thought of Brent Tate and erased it.

I just think Tate has had a bloody good year.. even though i despise the bloke

Sugar

Bench
Nutzcraw said:
My point was stewart matched him with pace and had every idea on what he was doing!

He just made a sh*thouse tackle... he hit him with his shoulder still (fell off after making contact) so i don't see where he "bamboozled" him??

He simply made a poor attempt at tackle.. all merritt did was slow down a bit then speed up on the same line... 9 times out of 10 he would have been taken out... but stewart made a sh*thouse attempt at tackle.

All i'm trying to say is your giving merritt alot more credit for THAT try than he probably deserves.. he took a good catch.. had NO ONE in front of him.. stewart caught him and made a crap tackle.. prolly had as much to do with the rain as it did the crappy attempt.. that's all i'm saying
now you blame the weather for his defence:crazy:

Disco

Bench
mxlegend99 said:
Stewart is fast... but at times a bit suspect in defence. He's still young though, and he's extremely small in build. If he could bulk up and become a bit more stocky... he could really carve up in both attack and defence.

Stewart is 86kgs and 186cm's, i wouldn't say thats extremely small

In terms of weight

Schifcofske - 92kgs
Simmons - 92kgs
Minnichello - 88kgs
Mckinnon - 88kgs
Slater - 87kgs
Stewart - 86kgs
Hornby - 86kgs
Hunt - 86kgs
Patten - 86kgs
Wesser - 85kgs
Webb - 83kgs
Bowen - 78kgs
Hodgson - 78kgs

(couldn't get a weight for Thaiday, Peachey)

wow Stewart is tiny compared to most other fullbacks:roll:

t-ba

Post Whore
He's still got to bulk up...But that'll come. He's got a decade or so left in the game...enough time to give the great Ken Irvine a shake in the try scoring talling imo!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
1. Luke Burt (Eels)
2. Jarryd Hayne (Eels)
3. Mark Gasnier (Dragons)
4. Jake Webster (Storm)
5. Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs)
6. Preston Campbell (Panthers)
7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)
8. Roy Asotasi (Bulldogs)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. Petero Civoniceva (Broncos)
11. Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
12. Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels)
13. Ben Kennedy (Sea Eagles)

14. Alan Tongue (Raiders)
15. Ryan Hoffman (Storm)
16. Dean Young (Dragons)
17. Reni Maitua (Bulldogs)

ortz18

Juniors
Shif
Inglis
Gasnier
Hodges
Carney
Cronk - He has had a superb season, and plays 5/8 so I will put him here
Johns
Bailey
Smith
Webcke
Hindmarsh
Mason
Kennedy

Odonnell
Hoffman
Civonociva
Asotasi

mxlegend99

Referee
Disco said:

In terms of weight

Schifcofske - 92kgs
Simmons - 92kgs
Minnichello - 88kgs
Mckinnon - 88kgs
Slater - 87kgs
Stewart - 86kgs
Hornby - 86kgs
Hunt - 86kgs
Patten - 86kgs
Wesser - 85kgs
Webb - 83kgs
Bowen - 78kgs
Hodgson - 78kgs

How do the other fellas compare on weight to height?

Wesser is only 85kgs... but he is stocky and really solid. Hodgson and Bowen are really tiny... basically ragdolls. I'd rate most other fullbacks as more solid then him though. Atleast they look it. Stewart could really carve up if he were to build himself up and put on a few kg of muscle.

edit.
Wesser is 174 cm for 85kg. That's 12cm shorter and only 1kg lighter. That's a fair bit more solid. His pace definitely doesn't suffer from it either.

yobbo84

Coach
Disco said:

In terms of weight

Schifcofske - 92kgs
Simmons - 92kgs
Minnichello - 88kgs
Mckinnon - 88kgs
Slater - 87kgs
Stewart - 86kgs
Hornby - 86kgs
Hunt - 86kgs
Patten - 86kgs
Wesser - 85kgs
Webb - 83kgs
Bowen - 78kgs
Hodgson - 78kgs

If Stewart is the same size as Hunt I'll eat my left testicle.

parraknick

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Overrating Gordon? He does as much in attack as Hayne does (with less ball he gets more linebreaks etc.)... he has gotten 9 tries in the same period of time to Haynes 13... and more then a few of those were .

1. Hayne has 15 tries

2. You gave me a laugh with all the rubbish you wrote.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Amazing that the Warriors have the 3rd best for and against in the comp and are lucky to very occasionally get one player in these teams....

Look at the stats and you'll find that Webb and Wesser are arguably the 2 fullbacks of the year.... and it's not just empty stats, they have both been tremendous. They're just not as fashionable as some other candidates for some reason.

Ice777

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Craig Bellamy?

When you have Slater and Turner at your disposal, the Storm don't have to play Inglis at fullback. We have the luxury of playing him wherever the hell we want to and he'll still kill them :D