What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team round one

Sharkie73

Bench
I missed the trial game the other night, so based on what the people who were there saw what would there team for round one be??

mortz

1 stapo
2 cov
3 fergo/wright
4 collis
5 tt/fergo
6 baz
7 sfp/kelly
8 king snowden
9 aiton/morris
10 dougie
11 toops
12 cuthbo
13 gallen

14 williams
15 vave
16 brod wright/milo
17 morris/aiton

thats what i would go with, if sfp aint ready or fit then kelly to half, no morris please... im hoping pom is given a week or two off to think things over

Squae

Juniors
Like your team but I would go with

1 Stapo
2 Tautai/Gardner
3 Fergo
4 Collis
5 Gordon/Tautai
6 Baz
7 sfp/kelly
8 king snowden
9 Morris
10 dougie
11 toops
12 Gallen (defending at lock)
13 Bakuya

14 Cuthbo (replacing Bakuya in second row, gal to lock)
15 Vave
16 Milo (prop)
17 Kelly

Sorry Weirdo. We have versatiliy in Morris, and in regards to a second rower, I think Bakuya is ready for a breakthrough year.

In regards to the 7, I would prefer Kelly, BUT if its to be SFP, I would want Kelly as first call up half (before Morris) and if Morris does get a call up he is not to go anywhere near the kicking.

The cov, for mine is just to slow these days, and his' kicking tooo weak, his kicking average was one of the worse in the comp, would prefer either Collis or Stapo, (Stapo kicks at like 75%, Cov lik 69%)

Also if we get an injury in either the hooking or fullback positions Kelly first call up as well.

Finally in regards to Cuthbo, I definately think you want him wider out in the second row, he looked the goods for sure the other night.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
1. Stapo
2 Fergo
3. Pom
4. Collis
5 Cove
6. Baz
7. SFP
8. Snowy
9. Morris
10.Dogie
11. Cuthbo
12. Toops
13. Gal

14 bakuya
15 Milo
16 Wright
17 Kelly

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
1. Stapo
2 Fergo
3. Pom
4. Collis
5 Cove
6. Baz
7. SFP
8. Snowy
9. Morris
10.Dogie
11. Cuthbo
12. Toops
13. Gal

14 bakuya
15 Milo
16B.Wright
17 Kelly

Inferno

Coach
Personally I like

1. Kelly
2. Fergo
3. Collis
4. Wright
5. Covell
6. Baz
7. Porter
8. Dougy
9. Morris
10. Snowy
11. Gall
12. Williams
13. Toops

14. Milo
15. Cuthbo
16. B Wright
17. Joudo

I think we will more likely see Stapo at the back, Kelly off the bench and Pom in the centres over Wright.

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
No Aiton Inferno?

I like reefys team, id just swap m.wright for penis fingers

Inferno

Coach
Massive fan of Aiton, but I don't think he'll be back by round 1. If he is, he is taking the bench utility spot for sure.

Eion

First Grade
1. Stapo
2. Fergo
3. Collis
4. Wright
5. Covell
6. Baz
7. Porter
8. Dougy
9. Morris
10. Snowy
11. Gall
12. Williams
13. Toops

14. Milo
15. Cuthbo
16. B Wright
17. Kelly

If Aiton is fit he is there instead of Kelly, but Morris can play 80 if required or bung Porter in there for a little while to give Kelly a run.

Would prefer to see fergo eased into it on the wing and cuthbo on the bench.

Squae

Juniors
Same slow team from 1-7 in most peoples teams as we had for the majority of last year (except 1 position Collis, who is not quick either). Dont get me wrong I do think they are VERY close to what we will see run out for round 1.

If we run out with the teams as posted above I dont think we will see any major changes on last years results!

Not trying to be negative but i am happy to lose some games if its giving us the potential to end up with a strong team by the end of the season. For mine the teams listed above are going to be losing anyway, there just in not enough points in them and they are all REALLY slow.

Also I must say I really hope we see Fergo at centre now as well.

For mine

1) Stapo
2) TT
3) Collis
4) Fergo
5) Cov

would be a big improvement it also get TT in the team as well, which has to be a bonus. (I would prefer to try someone quicker at 5 as well though)

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Same slow team from 1-7 in most peoples teams as we had for the majority of last year (except 1 position Collis, who is not quick either). Dont get me wrong I do think they are VERY close to what we will see run out for round 1.

If we run out with the teams as posted above I dont think we will see any major changes on last years results!

Not trying to be negative but i am happy to lose some games if its giving us the potential to end up with a strong team by the end of the season. For mine the teams listed above are going to be losing anyway, there just in not enough points in them and they are all REALLY slow.

I am with you.
It was a depressing thing to see the joint almost deserted and with 0 points for virtually the entire game....I am very worried about this year.
Attack was a shambles.
Last nights episode of Lost made more sense.

lolesi

First Grade
carch is right and in no way would you describe carch as a fluffy..

friday night was ordinaryyyyyyyy

cityshark

Juniors
Im going with youth and speed . I mean bugga the points lets go for speed throw the ball about ,take a few chances and make a future .
1 Stapo
2 Gardner
3 Fergo
4 Collis
5 TT
6 Baz
7 Albear
8 snowy
9 Moz
10 dougie
11 toops
12 Gal (defending at lock)
13 Bakuya

14 Cuthbo rotate to prop.
15 Vave
16 Milo rotate to prop.
17 Ports

Squae

Juniors
I thought Kelly showed some decent short kicking skills the other night, I was actually surprised. (In contrast to Morris's short kicking game :fist: )

mortz

i wouldnt mind giving gardner and isaac gordon a run on the wing at some stage but round one will probably be what we have posted

samshark

Juniors
I dont think Gardner is ready for first grade yet and like it or not Covell will be one of the first players picked.

Squae

Juniors
I dont think Gardner is ready for first grade yet and like it or not Covell will be one of the first players picked.

I dont like it, and whilst he will probably be picked, I would much rather a pairing of TT & Gordon (who had a good game on the wing on the weekend), With Fergo to centre.

Also we would have improved our goal kicking with either Collis or Stapo kicing.

Latest posts