What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team this week vs Sharks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RYAN MORGAN & CARL WEBB RETURN FOR THE PIRTEK EELS

THE Pirtek Eels welcome back Ryan Morgan this week following a serious pectoral injury to Joel Reddy which is likely to sideline the 25-year-old for the rest of the season.

Reddy will have scans later in the week to confirm damage to a torn tendon in his left pectoral which may require surgery.

Morgan, meanwhile, re-joins the side after recovering from an ankle injury that has kept him off the field since Round 3, while Carl Webb returns to the top side for the first time since injuring his calf in the team's Round 4 clash against the Cowboys.

In other news, Tim Mannah's selection for the NSW Blues sees Shane Shackleton move into the starting lineup, and five-eighth Daniel Mortimer will play his 50th game for the Pirtek Parramatta Eels on the night.

There are no other changes to the Pirtek Eels side to play Cronulla Sutherland Sharks at Parramatta Stadium on Monday 23 May at 7pm:

1. Jarryd Hayne

2. Luke Burt

3. Ryan Morgan

4. Jacob Loko

5. Jordan Atkins

6. Daniel Mortimer

7. Jeff Robson

8. Shane Shackleton

9. Casey McGuire

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)

12. Taniela Lasalo

13. Ben Smith

14. Billy Rogers

15. Carl Webb

16. Mitchell Allgood

17. Justin Horo

Coach: Stephen Kearney

INJURIES: Matt Keating (finger) rd 12, Chris Hicks (ankle) rd 12, Justin Poore (knee) indefinite

The Toyota Cup (under-20s) side will welcome Pat O'Hanlon back from suspension, in what is the only change to the starting side that downed North Queensland last week.

Toyota Cup v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks, 4.45pm at Parramatta Stadium.

1. Marmin Barba

2. Jacob Gagan

3. Vai Toutai

4. Trent Jennings

5. Chris Ulugia

6. Jason Wehbe

7. Cameron Breust

8. Ava Seumanufagai

9. Daniel Mahoney

10. Peni Terepo

11. Pat O'Hanlon

12. Matthew Eisenhuth

13. Rory Brien (C)

14. Dean Blackman

15. Kyle Fraser

16. Joseph Ualesi

17. PJ Asiata

18. Thomas Young

19. Tim Crellin

Coach: Matt Cameron

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21151

True EEL

Bench
hmmmmm....well we may have seen Joel Reddy play his last game for the Eels by the sound of that and as much as that may please some folk on this board, i think its pretty sad

and as much as we need Ryan Morgan to perform well, the thought of both he and Loko defending in the centres scares the bejesus out of me

it was obvious that Shack would take Mannah's spot and well deserved (to both of them, respectively) and great to see Carl Webb back, lord i hope he gets to actually play though and has as a stormer of a game....Lasalo must seriously have picks of SK, Horo must have something similar also, these two have such ability and they are playing like a pair of cats

and *sigh* Billy Rogers in the 14 huh? wow.........

hindy111

Post Whore
Horo /Lassallo will be dropped soon for Reni and POH ; )
I get feeling MK late inclusion too-And Mcguire will move to 5/8 with morts/robo to 14.
Does anyone watch the team train? I seriously doubt the halves will remain like this come monday night

Eels Dude

Coach
At least MK is due back next week then, we might finally see the end of the Splinters experiment.

True EEL

Bench
Horo /Lassallo will be dropped soon for Reni and POH ; )
I get feeling MK late inclusion too-And Mcguire will move to 5/8 with morts/robo to 14.
Does anyone watch the team train? I seriously doubt the halves will remain like this come monday night

no i don't watch the team train, im in country NSW, but i sure hope that you do and you have seen enough to support what your suggesting here....???

surely MK has to come back into Hooker or the bench and McGuire be moved into the halves - for mine preferably at 7 for Robson, who would then drop back into the 9/14 role??? Surely....????

hindy111

Post Whore
I can just feel it. The fact we have signed new halves mean mortimer will be used as maybe a 14 next year so why not for the rest of ths one-Solves two potential problems-One mcguire isgoing need a 14 and morts may work out there and 2 we need someone in the halves NOW!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
I can just feel it. The fact we have signed new halves mean mortimer will be used as maybe a 14 next year so why not for the rest of ths one-Solves two potential problems-One mcguire isgoing need a 14 and morts may work out there and 2 we need someone in the halves NOW!!!!

Mortimer doesn't have the passing game to be a 5/8th. What makes you think he'll be any better at dummy half?
His time has come.

Mortimer :arrow:

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Mortimer doesn't have the passing game to be a 5/8th. What makes you think he'll be any better at dummy half?
His time has come.

Suity

People are stuggling to find his right position. Even saw someone suggest centre is his go.

I agree with Suity. Mort's best position is :arrow:

True EEL

Bench
i think Morts has the ability and potential to do well out of dummy-half. he did well when trialled there late last year by DA. his biggest weakness may be his lack of size though ultimately in that position...

Eels Dude

Coach
His time has come.

Suity

Because he won't be expected to put players into holes or throw cutout passes, just neat little crisp passes from dummy half. In saying that I agree I'd much rather him out of the side altogether.

pedge

Juniors
Because he won't be expected to put players into holes or throw cutout passes, just neat little crisp passes from dummy half. In saying that I agree I'd much rather him out of the side altogether.

its 16-16, last minute, 20metres out, burt is setup 15m behind the play the bal...would you trust mortimer to give him a good ball? that is why he wont make is as a 9

did any of u guys watch props pentathlon two weeks back? he was struggling to pass the ball to shacks, it was so funny but so embarassing for him at the same time

natheel

Coach
its 16-16, last minute, 20metres out, burt is setup 15m behind the play the bal...would you trust mortimer to give him a good ball? that is why he wont make is as a 9

did any of u guys watch props pentathlon two weeks back? he was struggling to pass the ball to shacks, it was so funny but so embarassing for him at the same time

and props pentathalon on fox sports is an actual game simulation....mate with an offseason playing at hooker morts will be fine!

CrazyEel

Bench
I really don't care what position Morts plays as long as it's in a blue and white jumper, be happy to throw him in as a bonus gift for the dogs if they'll agree to take Reddy off us.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wont bag mortimer out-He is a parra player and i hope he comes good-Out of dummy half i think mtchel may as well be given a shot rather than mors-But if mitchel isnt to be signed id rather play morts there and see what happens

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Always thought Mortimer was a good little support player, reminds me of Danny McGuire from Leeds for some reason. He'll never be the commanding playmaker that some people seem to expect him to be but he's still got a role to play in the 17 IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKMAzhBzVs

He's got talent, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him do well partnering Sandow. With Hayne and Sandow taking playmaking and kicking responsibilities he'd be free to just run and support, could work for him.

Suitman

Post Whore
But if mitchel isnt to be signed id rather play morts there and see what happens

Not me. I'd rather our next best dummy half be given the role, not someone unproven and highly doubtful of being capable in the role.

Suity

Parra Pride

Referee

I'd be hoping he cut out Burt and passed it straight to Rogers.

Suitman

Post Whore
With Hayne and Sandow taking playmaking and kicking responsibilities he'd be free to just run and support, could work for him.

In the NRL, being a 5/8th and just running and supporting won't cut it and just isn't good enough.
Mortimer is a failed experiment. You win some, you lose some.

Suity

Latest posts