What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team this week vs Sharks.

eel01s

Bench
In the NRL, being a 5/8th and just running and supporting won't cut it and just isn't good enough.
Mortimer is a failed experiment. You win some, you lose some.

Suity

That's right.

I don't get why people think Morts should move to hooker? All top hookers (Smith, Luke, Fien, farah etc) can kick, can pass well both left and right, and tackle (especially goal line defence). Most can handle 30 tackles per match. How is Morts magically going to do that when he can't do it at 5/8?

At No. 14 you need someone who can provide impact. What has Morts got beside his support game?

He has had 50 games in 1st grade now, and apart from the first dozen or so has shown very little apart from toughness and determination. But those admiral qualities aren't enough for a 1st grade player anymore.

Bazal

Post Whore
Really happy to see Morgan back....It's a big chance for him to impress IMO.

Not a fan of Shack at prop. He works hard there but his career best form was in the back row, so why do we not use him there? Happy with the bench too, bar Rogers. Surely, if Keating and Mitchell aren't options, Rory Brien would be worth a shot?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Shack may just be keeping the prop spot warm till Poore is available

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Shack would be very close to my third or fourth favourite Eel right now, with Hindy, Mannah and Fui near the top.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not a fan of Shack at prop. He works hard there but his career best form was in the back row, so why do we not use him there?

??

Mannah and Poore are not available.

Apart from those 2, we have 2 guys who are genuine first grade quality props: Moi Moi and Shack.
Allgood is a work in progress - may or may not get there (I say not - controversial, but you'll see!)
Webb has the jury out still - is he over the hill?

None of the other options have even sniffed first grade. So why would we put Shack in the backrow and bring in a neville and be forced to start someone who isn't NRL quality?

I don't get it.

Ideally I'd like to see Shack in the backrow (Hindy/Shack/?Horo or Lasalo?) - but that's not even an option until Poore is back from injury.

forward pass

Coach
Always thought Mortimer was a good little support player, reminds me of Danny McGuire from Leeds for some reason. He'll never be the commanding playmaker that some people seem to expect him to be but he's still got a role to play in the 17 IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKMAzhBzVs

He's got talent, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him do well partnering Sandow. With Hayne and Sandow taking playmaking and kicking responsibilities he'd be free to just run and support, could work for him.

:lol: Maybe you should watch a game or two!! You sound like Boxhead 4 months ago - and even he now agrees that Mortimer is crap !!

Parra Pride

Referee
Always thought Mortimer was a good little support player, reminds me of Danny McGuire from Leeds for some reason. He'll never be the commanding playmaker that some people seem to expect him to be but he's still got a role to play in the 17 IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKMAzhBzVs

He's got talent, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him do well partnering Sandow. With Hayne and Sandow taking playmaking and kicking responsibilities he'd be free to just run and support, could work for him.

Please, Danny McGuire actually has talent, Mortimer unfortunately does not.

Gronk

Staff member
NATHAN Hindmarsh knows exactly what Jarryd Hayne is going through. On more than one occasion during his brilliant career, Hindmarsh sweated on the call from a NSW selector, only for his phone to remain silent.
"Jarryd won't say he's disappointed, but I can remember one of the earlier times I wasn't picked," Hindmarsh said. "It's not a nice feeling. You never expect to play, but it's when you know you're half a chance and then you don't get a phone call ...
"Hopefully he'll turn it around and have a big one on Monday night. He's been good at training and going about his business professionally, like there was no Origin coming up. He's trained hard and done what he usually does. He's young, he's 22, not 28, 29 or 30, so he'll be back there. I know he'll be back there."

As captain, Hindmarsh said there would be no need to pull Hayne aside before the match and remind him to focus on the job at hand. He also didn't expect his teammates to sit back and ride the Hayne Train, something the Eels were guilty of last year.
When the Eels rounded out training yesterday, Matt Keating - who has been sidelined with a finger injury after he was bitten by his parents' dog - was one of several players training at hooker.
Although not named in the side, he is tipped to return tonight.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...over-origin-snub/story-e6frfgbo-1226060683199

Captain BF

Juniors
Get out and support the boys tonight! The pressure is all on us.They have no expectations on them as Gallen & Snowden are out and we are near full strength (minus Mannah & Poore, who are both big losses).

GO PARRA!!!!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Get out and support the boys tonight! .The pressure is all on us. They have no expectations on them as Gallen & Snowden are out and we are near full strength (minus Mannah & Poore, who are both big losses).

GO PARRA!!!!!

Thats been pretty much what its been like when they have beaten us in recent times :crazy: