What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
1- Nicoll-Klokstad
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Graham-Taufa
4- Pompey
5- Tuivasa-Sheck
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Niukore
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Res- Walker, Tevaga, Ale, Johnson

Won't happen, but thats what I'd do

Meth

Staff member
What'll actually happen- Capewell and Barnett back in (assuming Capewell pulls up ok) and Laban and Ale will drop out

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I have a gut feel that Martin won’t be available next week because of that tackle

Walker has to go back to the bench, there is absolutely zero positive impact off the bench, especially when half the bench is selected with no view to being used properly

First move should be Barnett back to the front row, the guy earned rep footy in that spot them for some strange reason moved out of there

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Pompey should be out forever tbh. Why are we pandering to this gumby who maxes out at occasionally competent but is so slow that any NRL-level athlete can just run around him

JJ

Immortal
All they can do it 6- Harris Tavita 7- Martin

That's their only option, with Metcalf out.
TMM and Johnson doesn’t seem to work… Whether they go again will be interesting, obviously there’s a dodgy tackle as part of that too

Meth

Staff member
Pompey should be out forever tbh. Why are we pandering to this gumby who maxes out at occasionally competent but is so slow that any NRL-level athlete can just run around him

No Berry. No Leiataua. We don't have 5 fit, good outside backs at the club

All they can do it 6- Harris Tavita 7- Martin

That's their only option, with Metcalf out.
If postmatch conferences is an indication SJ won't be dropped.
"If we physically showed up today you would have seen the best from SJ"
"If we had been dominated and lots of ball we could be talking halfbacks, fullback, hookers, what could we change to improve it"

Next min SJ picked up a hamstring issue, tight and ice on it and should be right for next week.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Shit, really. Am guessing he has played 8-9 games this season, and only 2 max would be above average NRL standard. Everything he does looks slow motion, compare him to his opposite number today and it was chalk and cheese

Meth

Staff member
I like Walker at 13 and Harris off the bench, but I'd like to get back to Walker making that impact off the bench again

Meth

Staff member

He also said 'it isn't as if we're making good field position and then failing to capitalize' or words to that affect which is weird considering that very much has been the case this season.

He also said 'it isn't as if we're making good field position and then failing to capitalize' or words to that affect which is weird considering that very much has been the case this season.
Yeah, felt he was protecting the players big time in the press conference. Not many coaches will hang them out to dry there.
I just hope he ripped them a new one in the locker room.

Shit, really. Am guessing he has played 8-9 games this season, and only 2 max would be above average NRL standard. Everything he does looks slow motion, compare him to his opposite number today and it was chalk and cheese
He has got to know.
But did say during the game they are not looking at moment or decisions, eg TMM ankle sit call, just need to focus on the next play. RTS sin bin, have to focus on getting a player to cover centre.
Maybe SJ is getting to the editing room floor and mixing in some of his old highlight reels?

ozenzud

Juniors
With respect to who plays next week? Who cares. That was the most emphatic end to any season I've seen.

Apparently a sellout next week. Who's turning up? What I've enjoyed is the team sticking at it and at least being competitive in their losses. But that performance? The coming weeks are just trials for next season.

vvvrulz

Coach
"If we had been dominated and lots of ball we could be talking halfbacks, fullback, hookers, what could we change to improve it"

Next min SJ picked up a hamstring issue, tight and ice on it and should be right for next week.

Well, SJ was poor, but Webby’s not entirely wrong here. Our forwards got thrashed so thoroughly that we barely got into their 20, and when we did we just dropped it. None of CNK, SJ, Roger or TMM were given chances to do much, the media was prowling for SJ and he defused it.

What did annoy me was SJ and his bomb to corner tactic, it doesn’t work when you’re leaking points!

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, everyone wants to use the halfback as the lightning rod for criticism and the fall person for a loss. That always made me laugh in 60-point hidings. Sure, say that Shaun's defense was mud - it was - but CHT missed a crucial tackle, Jazz missed an absolute shocker and some others, not one person could walk away saying they weren't part of the issue.

Webster isn't right in the fact he said Shaun would've been sweet if we had field position, because his mid range kicking game was ineffective (again) and he got the ball too many times over TMM in the attacking 20 and offered absolutely zero. Run across field, drop a player under you, easy to read, repeat.

Latest posts