What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
Is Sifakula still on track?

Would love to see Fisher Harris and Barnett working with players like Sifakula, Halasima and Laban

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
You might be right.
Problem is no one knows.
I just remember Cam George saying the first time around that SJ accepted a very low offer, then saying for this year they cut his pay again.

Six to seven hundred K is not a low offer in my mind.

He’s on circa 700K. That’s considered low these days for a marquee half.

sup42

Juniors
He’s on circa 700K. That’s considered low these days for a marquee half.
That is the upper range of the guessing game about his salary.

Bear in mind he came begging the Warriors for a contract because he missus wanted out of Australia and the Warriors said they signed him on a bargain basement low salary after meetings between him and George to smooth over past acrimony.

Also add to that the report when he was extended last year that he had to take a further reduction on his already low salary. I think seven hundred K is well north of any of that history. Adding to the calculation that he was an injury risk let go by the Sharks for that reason. When he left here his form was patchy. No one knew he was going to go on and have the best season of his career after that.

The Warriors would have been nuts to be so generous imo because they had him over a barrel and Cam George did not want him back at the Warriors. But it is only my opinion.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It could be closer to 600 actually, I may have got my wires crossed. Certainly not in the 400 range though. Roosters were offering 850 and he didn’t take it.

That is the upper range of the guessing game about his salary.

Bear in mind he came begging the Warriors for a contract because he missus wanted out of Australia and the Warriors said they signed him on a bargain basement low salary after meetings between him and George to smooth over past acrimony.

Also add to that the report when he was extended last year that he had to take a further reduction on his already low salary. I think seven hundred K is well north of any of that history. Adding to the calculation that he was an injury risk let go by the Sharks for that reason. When he left here his form was patchy. No one knew he was going to go on and have the best season of his career after that.

The Warriors would have been nuts to be so generous imo because they had him over a barrel and Cam George did not want him back at the Warriors. But it is only my opinion.
You're on the money. After all considered he would be more closer to 500k in 2024. I know some ppl will have an issue with this estimate but George didn't let him back at a top price after their last episode when SJ went to the Sharks, furthermore his reduction staying on.

Latest posts