What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

WA Eel

Juniors
I can't think of a team I'd rather be playing next week more than the Broncos. I mean the Eels have had the wood on them since their first day at ANZ and Brian Smith has made it his life's work to beat the Broncos. A lethal combination.

PJ Marshal

Coach
WA Eel said:
I can't think of a team I'd rather be playing next week more than the Broncos. I mean the Eels have had the wood on them since their first day at ANZ and Brian Smith has made it his life's work to beat the Broncos. A lethal combination.

Unfortunetly we do not have the wood on them at home, it seems like we love playing in Brisbane they like playing us down here, because we have only beaten them once at Parra Stadium in the past 11 or so years which was back in 2001!

Pazza

First Grade
1.Mckinnon
2.Graham
3.Burt
4.Langi
5.Anderson
6.Wagon
7.Dykes
8.Moi Moi
9.Morris
10.Vella
11.Hindmarsh
12.Afasamaga
13.Hopkins

14.Widders
15.Pearson
16.Armit
17.Mateo

ParraMatt

Bench
If Stapleton, Tsoulos and Muckert are out. This is my team

1. Wade Mckinnon
2. Brett Anderson
3. Junior Langi
4. Luke Burt
5. Ben Smith
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Corey Pearson
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Jack Afasamaga
13. Jeremiah Pai
Reserves.
14. Feleti Mateo
15. Dean Widders
16. Shane Muspratt
17. Lee Hopkins
18. Fui Fui Moi Moi

damo72

Juniors
This is what I think, taking into consideration that we maybe without Muckert, Muspratt, Grothe, Petersen, Tsoulos and Stapleton
1.McKinnon
2.Burt
3.Langi
4.Ben Smith
5.Anderson
6.Wagon
7.Dykes
8.Pearson
9.Morris
10.Vella
11.Hindmarsh
12.Afamasaga
13.Mateo

14.Hopkins
15.Widders
16.Armit
17.Kaufusi

I think Ashley Graham has to go back to premier league and work on a few things and I know he is getting over major injuries but he is eventually going to prove a liability in the current state he is in at the moment

parra_princess

Juniors
Ash hasn't been going to bad.

Surely we can have some luck at the Judiciary, if Stapo gets suspended then Hopoate in his twisted mind will know doubt get personal satisfaction knowing that.

And Corey Pearson had a great game yesterday too. I was a bit doubtful of his inclusion in the team but after yesterday he's shown that he can do it. And as for Tsoulos i thought they said his shoulder wasn't dislocated, or is that worse?

Come on - we have to beat Brisbane!

tracksuitman

Juniors
From BS audio last week Grothe was nearly ready to play this week. Why are you guys wanting Mateo and Moimoi in NRL shouldn't we have the most experienced side on the paddock against the Broncos?? I know Moimoi is fantastic in PL but hasn't done that much in NRL?!?!? Unless injuries are there you will probably see a very similar side to last week....

damo72

Juniors
I heard that Grothe broke down at training on Wednesday and looks like being out for up to 6 weeks, I picked Mateo there due to lack of other options as I would prefer having Hopkins and Widders both on the bench. The only other option I could see would be bringing in Thorman and moving Wagon to lock where he belongs, but I put him at 5/8 to try and shut down Lockyer.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, Grothe re-injured his hammy on Wednesday (Smithy said so after the game) and looks out for about 6 weeks.

bartman

Immortal
I reckon no changes unless forced by injury/suspension. Let the squad's confidence build!! Assuming injury reports etc are spot on, I expect the side will be named:

1 – Wade McKINNON
2 - Ashley GRAHAM
3 - Junior LANGI
4 – Luke BURT
5 – Brett ANDERSON
6 – Daniel WAGON ©
7 – Adam DYKES
8 – Corey PEARSON
9 – John MORRIS
10 – Michael VELLA
11 – Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Jack AFAMASAGA
13 - Lee HOPKINS

14 - Dean WIDDERS
15 – Chris ARMIT
16 - Fui Fui MOI MOI/Mal KAUFUSI
17 - Feleti MATEO/James WEBSTER

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Brett Anderson
3. Junior Langi
4. Luke Burt
5. Joel Reddy
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Josh Cordoba
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Jack Afamasaga
13. Lee Hopkins

14. Shane Muspratt
15. Dean Widders
16. Corey Pearson
17. Jim Curtis / Chris Armit

eels_fan

First Grade
I dont understand why people would want Moi Moi back in the side...he offers us 10 good minutes a game at best...waste of bench space. The backline and halves need to stay the same as against the Eagles...why change it when we were so successful with it last week?? The forwards and the bench are what is going to give us trouble..what about:
1. McKinnon
2. Graham
3. Burt
4. Langi
5. Anderson
6. Tim Smith
7. Dykes
8. Pearson
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindy
12. Afamasaga
13. Wagon

14. Widders
15. Mateo
16. Armit
17. Kaufusi

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Watched Tim Smith in Premier League he played well but not ready for first grade yet. If you were to put anyone up it would be Thorman.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hey I'd definatley keep Brett Anderson in the side, he's got some class and a good defender, definately a first grader.

As for Tim Smith, he's a good player in PL and I'd like him first grade, but he's gonna be up against Lockyer this week and its a big ask. I'd have Morris at 5/8, Wagon to lock and maybe Hopkins or Muspratt to hooker as a better option.

By the way does anyone know when Luke O'Dwyer is back?

eels_fan

First Grade
About 4 weeks is what i've heard...that til he can get into full training...i saw him 2 weeks ago at an open training session and he was still on crutches with a brace on his knee so it'll be awhile i reckon..

Latest posts