What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bulldogs

Meth

Staff member
I don't know whether dropping a few to the NSW cup or keeping the same team as much as possible is best.

At the moment, I am in the mood to say piss off Mateo at least.

Meth

Staff member
I am potentially keener of Leuluai and Havilli on the bench then Friend too. The commentators wanked on about his tackle count, but I'd much rather have some spark out of dummy half.

Diesel

Referee
Being up the NSWarriors squad for next week, they beat the premiers at least

Penrose_11

Juniors
I am potentially keener of Leuluai and Havilli on the bench then Friend too. The commentators wanked on about his tackle count, but I'd much rather have some spark out of dummy half.

Agree. TL to hooker and from left field, maybe Havili on the bench. Sure friend made 72 tackles but don't remember 1 run from dummy half. Havili's 1st instinct is to run. We have no spark and no pace. The Neilson/Manu was combination was also caught out for at least 3 of their tries. Manu's never going to be benched but surely Neilson's looking over his shoulder.

Sam Lousi must be a chance as well. Might create those offloads and 2nd phase we play so well off.

Hell, I could go on all night!!

Iafeta

Referee
Sam hasn't played any footy this year. Personally I would be looking very closely at Ngani Laumape, probably for Neilsen. Guy is a dud, Laumape is a stud.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Laumape can kick goals too.

1. Tomkins
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Fusitua
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Leuluai
10. Lillyman
11. Matulino
12. Bukuya
13. Mannering

14. Matagi
15. Gubb
17. Vatuvei
18. Friend/Waetford/Havilli/whoever can spell TL for 20-30 minutes

Outside of injury I expect no changes except maybe another rotation of Ikahihifo for some other lamb to the slaughter.

Rebel

First Grade
Trying to think outside the box a bit

1 tomkins
2 fish
3 hurrell
4 mannering
5 laumepe
6 Townsend
7 Johnson
8 rapira
9 friend
10 lillyman
11 bakuya
12 Mateo
13 palavi

14 luluai
15 vatuvei
16 matulino
17 matangi

Penrose_11

Juniors
I wouldn't put Manu on the bench. I hear Locke is getting close? Fullback or wing or though? Maybe even a chance at centre? Has speed, good hands and good D. Not sure what Neilson's currently doing but it ain't that. And I'm not usually a Neilson hater either

Last edited:

Rebel

First Grade
I'd have manu on the bench as a interchange second rower.

He wants to play there. It's time.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I wouldn't put Manu on the bench. I hear Locke is getting close? Fullback or wing or though? Maybe even a chance at centre? Has speed, good hands and good D. Not sure what Neilson's currently of getting but it ain't that. And I'm not usually a Neilson hater either

Manu isn't a winger any more IMO, but he's definitely not being dropped so not sure where that leaves him.

He didn't look too bad late in the game when he was seemingly playing centre with Neilsen on the wing (not sure what the plan/logic was there) but for a full game? Not so sure.

Juju

Juniors
Friend only made so many tackles - because the Sharks dominated possession and ran at him. He doesn't deserve kudos for that. sheeeeit

Cheops

Juniors
A lot could be fixed by playing Mannering at lock and Leuluai to dummy half (either starting or off the bench). Two of our best players and neither are playing in their best position and there doesn't seem to be any real reason why.

Manu isn't a winger any more IMO, but he's definitely not being dropped so not sure where that leaves him.

He didn't look too bad late in the game when he was seemingly playing centre with Neilsen on the wing (not sure what the plan/logic was there) but for a full game? Not so sure.

Manu seems to not have the confidence or has formed a habit of volleyballing the ball back (or dead like today) when a catch with his power may be a better option? Out jumped by Stapleton today as well (more about timing tho?).
Nielson left him high and dry multiple times today! Nielson was making bad reads all day.

jaseg

Juniors
Sam Tomkins
Glen Fisiahii
Ngani Laumape
Konrad Hurrell
Manu Vatuvei
Thomas Leuluai
Shaun Johnson
Sam Rapira
Nathan Friend
Ben Matulino
Dominique Peyroux
Jayson Bukuya
Simon Mannering

Siliva Havili
Jacob Lillyman
Suaia Matagi
Ray Faitala-Mariner

That's what I'm feeling atm. My mind will probably change on that back row throughout the week. Nielsen had a Carlos Tuimavave-level game, he must earn his spot back. I want to see Laumape anyway. Mateo has been irritating me for a while now. Townsend had a shocker and with Leuluai sitting on the bench we can't afford to keep him in the 6. Friend I'm prepared to give another shot to - but Havili on the bench to take some minutes off him either side of halftime. Peyroux starts and RFM gets a run, because I'm currently not convinced about Mateo, Palavi or Ikahihifo.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
A lot could be fixed by playing Mannering at lock and Leuluai to dummy half (either starting or off the bench). Two of our best players and neither are playing in their best position and there doesn't seem to be any real reason why.

I've always said over the years that i would like to see Mannering at lock but it's hard to say it's his best position when the actual evidence is him playing a few games at lock for the Kiwis. I'd say he has plenty of say in where he plays.

Leuluai is 2 x the dummyhalf Friend is. It won't take long for people to see this once the switch finally happens.

Last edited:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I don't get all the Friend-hate??? The guy was a tackling machine out there and tried his heart out!

Show some goddamn respect, you f**ks!

Latest posts