What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bulldogs

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Before Mannering's last home game we didn't know whether or not we would be getting a home final and so didn't know it was his last game. It was however his 300th game so they did the usual celebrations for that but couldn't fully lean into the "farewell" stuff.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I know I can be a bit dramatic at times, but I genuinely think (if you use the metric "how much better/worse does this player make the team compared to their replacement") there's an argument that SJ is the worst player in the comp this season (and by extension, funnily enough, TMM is the best). I cannot stress enough the extent to which SJ should not be playing. He is in the midst of a historically bad farewell season and there is no reason to expect improvement.

I guess all we can hope for now is we somehow fluke a win in the last game so he can sign off in some sort of style and doesn't end on 10 straight losses.

Also, this very much has the feel of an all-to-common Warriors season where we finish on a massive losing run, and what was shaping as a fringe top-8 year with some encouraging moments, ends up with us running close to last.
I think if you frame this as 'most influential ' and least, it hits the mark pretty closely. The stats just don't lie. I don't feel good saying it about SJ because you certainly didn't see it coming last year.