What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dolphins

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuaupiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Leiataua
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Nicoll-Klokstad
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Roache
10- Afoa
11- Ford
12- Barnett
13- Harris/Walker

Res- Tevaga, Ale, CHT, Walker/Laban

Last edited:

ozenzud

Juniors
Dunno about others, but without SJ playing busted, we looked better. SJ's kicking is better, but the general play with Walker and TMM running most stuff and CNK running at the line and interjecting, looked better than last few weeks. CNK actually played a classic 5/8s game on the weekend. Sort of bizarre given he has never played there.

Leiataua's earned another week surely, regardless if Berry good. Pompey was at adequate best. Montoya prooved his best we have for his position.

What a difference a week makes.

Most likely it will be the same team but with CHT in for Roache.
Maybe CHT for Egan if Webby thinks Roache deserves a start after his efforts yesterday? Lussick's experience may still get him the nod, but gees I wouldn't be upset if Roache is rewarded with another crack.

He was probably looking at 10mins tops if Egan stayed fit; to then play nearly 70 unbroken, top the tackle count and only miss a couple.... Taine and TMM got most of the plaudits but Roache's efforts in the middle were pretty special too IMO.

Leber

Bench
Maybe CHT for Egan if Webby thinks Roache deserves a start after his efforts yesterday? Lussick's experience may still get him the nod, but gees I wouldn't be upset if Roache is rewarded with another crack.

He was probably looking at 10mins tops if Egan stayed fit; to then play nearly 70 unbroken, top the tackle count and only miss a couple.... Taine and TMM got most of the plaudits but Roache's efforts in the middle were pretty special too IMO.
Yeah I never really rated him in reserves but he played his heart out.

nswarrior

Juniors
1- Tuaupiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Leiataua
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Nicoll-Klokstad
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Roache
10- Harris
11- Ford
12- Barnett
13- Walker

Res- Afoa, Tevaga, Ale, Lussick

Surely Walker plays most of the game at lock. He made a real difference. Love Harris but feels like last season and half as prop

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1- Tuaupiki
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Leiataua
4- Pompey
5- Montoya
6- Nicoll-Klokstad
7- Martin
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Roache
10- Harris
11- Ford
12- Barnett
13- Walker

Res- Afoa, Tevaga, Ale, CHT

feel like CHT offers more off the bench than Lussick.

Rich102

Staff member
Can someone put superglue on Jazz's mouthguard so he can't keep losing Captain 's Challenges. I don't think he has got one right yet.

Meth

Staff member
Dunno about others, but without SJ playing busted, we looked better. SJ's kicking is better, but the general play with Walker and TMM running most stuff and CNK running at the line and interjecting, looked better than last few weeks.

Yes, exactly.

vvvrulz

Coach
This will sound a bit nuts, but I wouldn't be against the idea of a Tuaupiki, DWZ, CNK, RTS, Monty backline.

TMM, Johnson in the halves - TMM allowed to run more plays while SJ handles the kicking.
Egan/Roache + Harris/Walker rotations to give both less minutes and more freshness.

nswarrior

Juniors
Can someone put superglue on Jazz's mouthguard so he can't keep losing Captain 's Challenges. I don't think he has got one right yet.
I rewatched the game with the replay last night and apart from that he made a huge difference with his tackles and runs and probably won us the game

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I rewatched the game with the replay last night and apart from that he made a huge difference with his tackles and runs and probably won us the game
100% we don't win that game without Jazz. He was inspirational.

Myself, and others have doubted Webster and that doubt still exists as to where we go from here, and how we handle our squad and tactics going forward. But man, for him to get that team up to beat the triple premiers despite all the disruption both before game and in-game, that speaks to a hell of a job done.

This will sound a bit nuts, but I wouldn't be against the idea of a Tuaupiki, DWZ, CNK, RTS, Monty backline.

TMM, Johnson in the halves - TMM allowed to run more plays while SJ handles the kicking.
Egan/Roache + Harris/Walker rotations to give both less minutes and more freshness.
That's the big question for me...

Its only one game so far and it'll be really interesting to see how TMM backs up this weekend but he's certainly shown what he can do when given more ownership on play calling. When SJ returns (hopefully fully fit and with a few training reps under his belt) how will he and Webby get/keep TMM more involved?

If they can figure that out we may have a shot at getting on a run over the Origin period which looks pretty favourable for us with 2 byes and some very winnable games against the Cows, Titans and Dogs.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah we are definitely still underdogs, especially with our injuries.

ozenzud

Juniors
The other factor in our game yesterday was the sting in defence. They hit them and hit them hard so there was less chance for offloads and better body position in the rucks for warriors to reset. Penriff good at isolating defenders and winning the rucks. But the warriors probably won that battle with the bald brothers going in low and smashing them.

01. Tuaupiki
02. DWZ
03. Leiataua
04. Pompey
05. Montoya
06. CNK
07: TMM
08. AFB
09. Roache
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Barnett