What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
Hard to assess, really. It's been so long since they've played and they have really been training away from the public eye. Not sure if there's some niggles or whatever playing into these selections.

To be honest, I am not super disappointed about CHT. Not my pick, but it opens the door for Lawton, who offers something + has covered out wide at a pinch.

I don't get Katoa off the bench.

Rich102

Staff member
After all this time you guys still don't appreciate the way a "Master Coach" operates.

The three K's.
Keep your opposition guessing.
Keep your fans in the dark.
Keep hoping for a miracle,

WellsNZ

Juniors
I really just don't understand the Katoa bit. Unless there's been reason through lockdown to bench him. Hopefully he still gets good minutes.

The best thing we can hope for from this year is we get some good development to build on going forward and he was looking like a good candidate there.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I really just don't understand the Katoa bit. Unless there's been reason through lockdown to bench him. Hopefully he still gets good minutes.

The best thing we can hope for from this year is we get some good development to build on going forward and he was looking like a good candidate there.
He's a rookie in his 3rd game of first grade. He went into the first 2 games of the season rock hard fit and with full contact.

Everyone's had 2 months off with only a couple of weeks of contact so I'd say it is a case of letting the rookie build into it again rather than throwing him straight in and risking getting another injury.

Last edited:

Cold Roses

Juniors
Could be worse. He could have missed out all together. At least it gives us some good impact from the interchange with him and Paasi. Ive always thought Paasi is most effective as an interchange prop.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Im not too fussed about the Katoa situation as long as he gets plenty of minutes. Starting vs Interchange makes little difference unless you’re talking about an 80min guy which he isn’t.

JJ

Immortal
After all this time you guys still don't appreciate the way a "Master Coach" operates.

The three K's.
Keep your opposition guessing.
Keep your fans in the dark.
Keep hoping for a miracle,

problem is he's failing in the first step there... but he's mastered steps 2 and 3... when 3 pays off, most of us will be looking stupid

JJ

Immortal
Im not too fussed about the Katoa situation as long as he gets plenty of minutes. Starting vs Interchange makes little difference unless you’re talking about an 80min guy which he isn’t.
he'll surely get the last 3 mins for his work ons?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Round 3 Late Mail: Simonsson out, Rapana back for Raiders
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/27/nrl-late-mail2/

Warriors v Dragons, Saturday 3pm at Central Coast Stadium

Warriors:
Former Raider Jack Murchie has been elevated into the interchange for his new club. Eliesa Katoa has been promoted to the starting second row with Isaiah Papali'i switching to lock and Adam Blair to prop. Front-rower Lachlan Burr has been omitted 24 hours from kick-off along with bench back Adam Pompey. The Warriors have won their past three games against the Dragons.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Maybe after watching the last few games for Kearney he's opted for a slightly lighter and fitter pack.

Hoping Egan steps up and shows us why he was brought over

Cold Roses

Juniors
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Patrick Herbert
3. Peta Hiku
4. Gerard Beale
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Blake Green
10. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Wade Egan
13. Adam Blair
17. Eliesa Katoa
12. Tohu Harris
11. Isaiah Papali’i

Interchange:
14. Karl Lawton
15. King Vuniyayawa
16. Agnatius Paasi
22. Jack Murchie

18. Chanel Harris-Tavita
20. Josh Curran

Balance of this line up is a lot better already.

One Warrior

Bench
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Patrick Herbert
3. Peta Hiku
4. Gerard Beale
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Blake Green
10. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Wade Egan
13. Adam Blair
17. Eliesa Katoa
12. Tohu Harris
11. Isaiah Papali’i

Interchange:
14. Karl Lawton
15. King Vuniyayawa
16. Agnatius Paasi
22. Jack Murchie

18. Chanel Harris-Tavita
20. Josh Curran

Balance of this line up is a lot better already.
That looks better than it was.

Leber

Bench
I'm not a pessimist, but I feel a bit of dread about this afternoon (hope I'm wrong)

At least over lockdown we weren't losing!

Penrose_11

Juniors
Anyone know who our ref is today? Will have big interpretation on game. Dragons pack a bit bigger than ours, so hopefully our legs (and heart) last a bit longer. I’m picking big Ken for a huge game out wide.