What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Eels

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well, he gets another go hopefully this week, he;s definately got it in him.

I get the feeling that Stuart is trying to do a canberra 08.

Stonecutter

First Grade
wow great team. I'm really looking forward to the game now. For the past few weeks i have only been able to watch about 20-30 minutes because it was too depressing.

I think Williams will move to the backrow to make way for Brown either on kick-off or about 30 minutes in.

carinashark

First Grade
So when we loose lets not all pour crap on them for being out classed . Lets look for positives, lets see who stands out and has go. Most of these guys know what its like in NRL so if they go well lets notice. We are now fully in transition . dont winge about it.

Quigs

Immortal
p-scotty.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Since 73

First Grade
If we take to the field with that team we are going to get pasted.

This game ain't about the 2 points.

As posted - it's about the future.

Sticky's had enuff of the sh*te on the field and off it and some blokes have been given long enuff to stop the rot on it.They couldn't so they're punted.

Other blokes like Cov have been put on notice - whether or not he has the goods to resurrect his game is another thing but the pregame excitement in the sheds with the new bloods will help.

This is the last thing Daniel Anderson wanted.

Special K

Coach
I really can't believe Porter is getting a run. I was a fan of his before he went to the Roosters but haven't really followed him much since(I saw one game where he played QLD cup and was terrible).

He left flegg in like what 2004? 2005 at the latest. Amazing!

Since 73

First Grade
Exactly blood a couple at a time, throwing them to the wolves altogether will give their confidence a battering.
I'd say it's the fact we are playing this mob that he's taken this step.

Not exactly top shelf oppostion.

imasharkie

Coach
Pommeroy finally gone....he was never a centre.
Ricky is bowing to the fans wishes and put some speed in our backline. My only wish would be that Gallen was in the side.
Reminds me of what the Panthers did last year.
Imagine Williams will move to the backrow during periods in the match so that Mitch can cover his position in the backline.
We might get beaten but at least these young guys will play with passion.
I'm excited.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
I hope this halfback is a halfback.

does anyone remember halfbacks?

They used to be the cheeky little fuggers with a side step and off the spot speed.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I hope this halfback is a halfback.

does anyone remember halfbacks?

They used to be the cheeky little fuggers with a side step and off the spot speed.

We used to have one. Our coach of the time made a monumental f**k up & pizzed him off & bought a dud instead in 2001. The dudd has incredible pace, massive step, can pass both sides, doesnt miss tackles, has the aggression of rottweiler & the power of a mosquito.

newman

First Grade
I saw a fair bit of Scott Porter last year. He was playing in the Carlton League (Wollongong comp) for Wollongong uni who were a weak team. He was a class above that comp and with his headgear looks like a poor mans Jonathan Thurston for mine. He has a decent kicking game, decent passing game but he can run the ball and sniff out a try. He is also a very good support player.

Keep in mind that this was all witnessed in a comp that might as well be played on another planet such is the difference in standard to NRL so he may be over-awed come Saturday.

With regards to Orcher, the coaching staff have real concerns about his ability to handle the big hits and attention in defence that he will get. He struggles in NYC and admits it, so the NRL might be a bit of a ways off.

carcharias

Immortal
I watched a Uni GF a couple of years ago...talking about another planet.

I could have played on the wing without any training the standard was so low.