What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Eels

Feej

First Grade
This is the right team to go with if we have decided to build to next season. Even with the team we put on the field last week, we would be struggling to win another game this season, so we might as well give the youngin's a go and a chance to step up.

Agree with da brain though - What are the chances Sticky includes that millstone, Hughes at the last minute...??

This is the right team to go with if we have decided to build to next season. Even with the team we put on the field last week, we would be struggling to win another game this season, so we might as well give the youngin's a go and a chance to step up.

True. This season is effectively a write-off, so he has nothing to lose. But I have to agree with others - that is a mighty inexperienced line-up and a flogging isn't going to do much to give these guys some confidence. I can't see this line-up breaking the run of losses.

Eels by 13+.

da brain

Juniors
the time for conservative decisions is over, the game has changed, the wrestle is over, who cares if we lose by 4 or by 40, we cant lose any more, we need a clean out, just like newcastle did, we need youth and speed, bring on the next generation, mistakes have been made this year, i forgive all those who made the mistakes as long as they have the courage to make the changes now, lets run last this year who cares, lets build for next year, today

samshark

Juniors
Well done to Ricky.
He has picked some guys and dropped some others that we have all being screaming for. It may be an inexperienced team but I like it. Thank fugg Hughes, Green and Pom are not there.

Vossy

Bench
love the team, just missing orcher..

Scott Porter - NSW Cup halfback, not a real shining light but hey NSW Cup has been the best of our 3 teams, it was either keep green (preferable) or get Jason Mcgrady or Chad Towsend from NYC

i think that team can beat parra, unless we do the usual play a team back into form like we did with the cowboys

no hayne.

we ( us plebs ) could put a team together that would give parra a run.

Inu is also out, suspended

I wanna know why Mitch Brown is dropped?.

With stats like these you blokes are totally mad.

4 Line Breaks, 4 Try Assists and 1 Line break with an average metreage gain of 127 metres per game, in a grand total of 6 games.

The guy is all class imo

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think Ricky has been building for this game since the start of the season to a certain degree. I dont think its a case of throw caution to the wind at all. Some got a run early in the year & went back to progress their game at a slower rate. Now the likes of Stapo have been playing in NSW cup to pick up their speed & experience. These guys are ready to become great first graders. But in all honesty, they will make a few f**k ups & we will lose this game. I hope the Sharks market these guys correctly because it really is a draw card for the warriors game to have all these young blokes playing.

Porter has been playing well in the NSW Cup.
In saying that lets hope he isn't a good reggies player who can't stand up in the Firsts, ala Green.
At Henson the other week the best players in the Cup side were, Vea, Mannah, Caine,Ferguson and Porter, lets hope they all can step up to whats needed this week.
And young Stapo did look solid on the weekend.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I wanna know why Mitch Brown is dropped?.

With stats like these you blokes are totally mad.

4 Line Breaks, 4 Try Assists and 1 Line break with an average metreage gain of 127 metres per game, in a grand total of 6 games.

The guy is all class imo

Because maybe we are finally learning from our mistakes. We have a guy called Simmons who is possibly the most talented guy in the NRL. But he doesnt have a go.

Mitch Brown is just as good but is following in simmos steps. & hopefully he will aim up & we wont waste 110 first grade games waiting for him to come good.

The Dodger

First Grade
Porter has been playing well in the NSW Cup.
In saying that lets hope he isn't a good reggies player who can't stand up in the Firsts, ala Green.
At Henson the other week the best players in the Cup side were, Vea, Mannah, Caine,Ferguson and Porter, lets hope they all can step up to whats needed this week.
And young Stapo did look solid on the weekend.

did any of these players combine well in the game?
thats what we need, players to gel and play off each other.

im excited to see new blood.

Because maybe we are finally learning from our mistakes. We have a guy called Simmons who is possibly the most talented guy in the NRL. But he doesnt have a go.

Mitch Brown is just as good but is following in simmos steps. & hopefully he will aim up & we wont waste 110 first grade games waiting for him to come good.

i disagree.
mitch has been great for us and in a side that has dramatically failed this year, he has been one of the standouts.

i originally liked him as a fullback but the game he played centre, he was good.

his passing skills are great and he has vision to both run the ball and look on the outside of him.

did any of these players combine well in the game?
thats what we need, players to gel and play off each other.

im excited to see new blood.
I'll be honest and say that there's been too many drinks in between, but I do remember these guys having a real dig, and good running on the edge of the ruck, whether it was Seu to Porter, or Caine to Green, to give those final passes , i'm sorry but I cannot bring up the memory.
Henson on a Sunny Satdy arvo is an axis of aussie heaven.
*SAG and Weaponhead will be able to give you a better scope on it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
mitch is not having a go in first grade. If you remember how he played in the 20's he had a real dig & hunted the ball & tested the line on every occassion he could. He looks a little prioritised with self preservation at the moment.

da brain

Juniors
mitch brown has no spark, in all the games i have seen him play he almost does something, almost, he always gets caught by one leg, he will be the same as pomeroy, should be a great player but just cant do it, and he has the same errors.
i have seen more spark in fergo and wright and stappleton, yes they will make some mistakes but you can see they have have mojo, they have confidence, they are our future.
its rediculous orcher hasnt been given a go yet, in the couple of 20s games i have seen he has gone coast to coast in very one