What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

Meth

Staff member
Long way off, I know.

Is Matulino back?? I really hope so.

If so,

1- Tomkins
2- Fusitua
3- Henry
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Townsend
7- Johnson
8- Rapira
9- Friend
10- Lillyman
11- Bakuya
12- Matulino
13- Mannering

Res- Matagi, Gubb, Ikahihifo, Mateo

No space for Danger.

One Warrior

Bench
Long way off, I know.

Is Matulino back?? I really hope so.

If so,

1- Tomkins
2- Fusitua
3- Henry
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Townsend
7- Johnson
8- Rapira
9- Friend
10- Lillyman
11- Bakuya
12- Matulino
13- Mannering

Res- Matagi, Gubb, Ikahihifo, Mateo

No space for Danger.

Yes that's the best we have available at the moment.

reykaine

Juniors
yeh, Henry at least has some sort of attack (the reverse flick pass to Fusitua against Storm springs to mind) and want him in the team somewhere. Our four prop rotation is abit unbalanced with Gubb though unless he came on when we didn't have the ball much.

Penrith 29mins 5 touches 3runs (27m) 1 tackle break 7 tackles
Brisbane 13mins 5 touches 3runs (18m) 0 tackle breaks 10 tackles
Kinda like we have a 3.5 prop rotation. I'm sure we got more out of Latimore when we had that 4 prop rotation humming along in 2011 though I could be wrong.

Anyways no Danger, Henry to centre and Matulino back in to team somewhere.

Meth

Staff member
Looks good, though i'd like to see Havili on the bench instead of Gubb.

Yeah, I am basically always wanting a 4 prop rotation and Gubb over Havili is the price of having Matulino played in the second row

Izz

Bench
Yeah, I am basically always wanting a 4 prop rotation and Gubb over Havili is the price of having Matulino played in the second row
Having thought about it a bit more, i'm with you.

Lillyman will be backing up after starting Origin and Matagi doesn't seem able to play big minutes. If Matulino wasn't recovering from injury i'd say thrown him into prop for a 10-15 minute spell, but that's probably not a good option atm.

Thing with Gubb, apart from that try-saver against the Broncos, is he has been pretty pedestrian in his limited minutes.

MKEB...

Staff member
Tbh...i would give Matulino 1 more week recovery.
But defo Benry in for Danger.

Meth

Staff member
I don't imagine they'll rush Mutts in. If they reckon he's right, he's right…unless he's not.

LeagueNut

First Grade
If both teams turn up to play this could be a ripping match. Hayne, Tomkins, Radradra, Vatuvei... the Eels young and fearless forwards will need to be contained too.

Personally I'm sick of seeing us get completely pantsed at Parra every year, it's about bloody time for some revenge.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Personally I'm sick of seeing us get completely pantsed at Parra every year, it's about bloody time for some revenge.

Yeah, I'm sick of literally seeing this, in person, when I go to it every year with my Eels mates. I told them they better bloody well make the 8 this time after they smashed us round 1, at least they are doing well this time. But yes, well overdue for some payback. I would hope to win this one, probably one we should grab. After this we have the Broncos in Brisbane and the form team of the comp Sea Eagles at Mount Smart. Need to get at least one of those three, hopefully 2.

jamaman

Juniors
:lol: Are there any Nielson fans left?

I used to defend him once a upon a time but I don't think a single person here wants him around anymore.

who is to say what is happening in his life that could have a bearing,,
That's one thing I admire about Bennett and how he helped Soward, Tahu, Mason. to name a few recent ones.....Neilson is a champion player Cappy will give him that opportunity
to get his confidence, skills .game fitness back,, As Neilsen said he wants to play for the top team..

Scott

Bench
I'd probably favour leaving Benry on the bench at this stage. If that mean Danger plays centre till Ngani is available then so be it.

If Danger was having a shocker then the coach can always hook him mid-game.

Latest posts