What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
CNK has the no1 locked down.
Martin injured or dropped on form?
He's named in the extended squad, so dropped presumably? Ford is injured.

My issue is - and we always temper this with the fact I know very little about league structure - we now have a crocked SJ, who hasn't shown much in terms of playmaking and his previous spark this year, and CHT who might be a great defensive presence, but really hasn't been putting people away on attack, either. That is nervous times for our ability to score points.

ozenzud

Juniors

My issue is - and we always temper this with the fact I know very little about league structure - we now have a crocked SJ, who hasn't shown much in terms of playmaking and his previous spark this year, and CHT who might be a great defensive presence, but really hasn't been putting people away on attack, either. That is nervous times for our ability to score points.
I agree. Every game is must win now. SJ has been injured and not playing that well. TMM was playing reasonably well and the spark that did score tries.

If the team plays well, all the last games are in theory, win-able. There's no Storm, or full strength Penriff team there. Cronulla will be hard and so will the bulldogs. Actually so will the Phins and Manly. But in theory, we could win if we play well. Very, very few games this year have been really good performances.....

Izz

Bench
TMM's form might've dropped a bit but we've still been in games, and in most cases the better team even if we've lost. This feels to me like a 'we have to get him back in because he's SJ decision.' I hope I'm wrong, of course, and SJ and the team have a blinder and beat Parra by 40 but I'm just not feeling it right now.

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm willing to chuck some faith in SJ, let's not forget the guy absolutely carved up last year and was often the difference between a win and a close loss (and we've had a LOT of close losses).

I just hope he's actually fully fit.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wow I just assumed TMM was the #6, that's huge.

If he got straight dropped that's a very interesting call.

I think having Walker at 13 will help negate this

Izz

Bench
Wow I just assumed TMM was the #6, that's huge.

If he got straight dropped that's a very interesting call.
My guess is CHT will have goal-kicking duties. He also has a better long kicking game than TMM. Too, when SJ and TMM have been the halves this year, TMM has basically been invisible

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sj is a Hail Mary play
Feels that way to me. His last outing was the Titans debacle, where he clearly wasn't fit. I love SJ, I have since I watched him in 20s. But I have no expectations. He hasn't really fired a shot all year, he is carrying one of the hardest injuries to carry as a playmaker,

I wonder, even if it's subconscious, if Webster can't bring himself to drop a guy with the gravitas of SJ. He just can't pull the trigger on playing him in NSW Cup.

Incidentally, anyone remember when SJ last played NSW Cup and who the coach was who banished him down there? And for a bonus point, who played 7 in his place?

Reactions: Izz

Latest posts