What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

hitro

Juniors
so TMM is definitely dropped for SJ, pretty harsh. It is quite windy so SJ big kicks might be helpful. Hope Leka gets some decent minutes tonight

JJ

Immortal
so TMM is definitely dropped for SJ, pretty harsh. It is quite windy so SJ big kicks might be helpful. Hope Leka gets some decent minutes tonight
On their respective performances this year, yeah it’s really tough….

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Giving Webster the benefit of the doubt, I think he has made a tactical call, which has evidence to support it, that TMM and SJ don't work well together. They both prefer to play as "#1 playmakers" and TMM has been noticeably poor when playing alongside SJ. CHT is like Metcalf in that he plays more direct and is a more natural contrast to, and therefore halves partner for, SJ.

I think Webster is saying that the problem isn't SJ, it's the SJ/TMM combo.

Of course none of this answers the question of whether SJ or TMM should get that #1 playmaker gig....and I'm certainly open to the argument that it should be TMM.

JJ

Immortal
Giving Webster the benefit of the doubt, I think he has made a tactical call, which has evidence to support it, that TMM and SJ don't work well together. They both prefer to play as "#1 playmakers" and TMM has been noticeably poor when playing alongside SJ. CHT is like Metcalf in that he plays more direct and is a more natural contrast to, and therefore halves partner for, SJ.

I think Webster is saying that the problem isn't SJ, it's the SJ/TMM combo.

Of course none of this answers the question of whether SJ or TMM should get that #1 playmaker gig....and I'm certainly open to the argument that it should be TMM.
I think that's certainly right - just SJ has not been good and has been hurt, TMM has been good then TMM... Not sure what the right call is, but it's his to make. Metcalf is getting there? I'd like him at 6 and CHT at 14, I think