What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

hitro

Juniors
so TMM is definitely dropped for SJ, pretty harsh. It is quite windy so SJ big kicks might be helpful. Hope Leka gets some decent minutes tonight

JJ

Immortal
so TMM is definitely dropped for SJ, pretty harsh. It is quite windy so SJ big kicks might be helpful. Hope Leka gets some decent minutes tonight
On their respective performances this year, yeah it’s really tough….

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Giving Webster the benefit of the doubt, I think he has made a tactical call, which has evidence to support it, that TMM and SJ don't work well together. They both prefer to play as "#1 playmakers" and TMM has been noticeably poor when playing alongside SJ. CHT is like Metcalf in that he plays more direct and is a more natural contrast to, and therefore halves partner for, SJ.

I think Webster is saying that the problem isn't SJ, it's the SJ/TMM combo.

Of course none of this answers the question of whether SJ or TMM should get that #1 playmaker gig....and I'm certainly open to the argument that it should be TMM.

JJ

Immortal
Giving Webster the benefit of the doubt, I think he has made a tactical call, which has evidence to support it, that TMM and SJ don't work well together. They both prefer to play as "#1 playmakers" and TMM has been noticeably poor when playing alongside SJ. CHT is like Metcalf in that he plays more direct and is a more natural contrast to, and therefore halves partner for, SJ.

I think Webster is saying that the problem isn't SJ, it's the SJ/TMM combo.

Of course none of this answers the question of whether SJ or TMM should get that #1 playmaker gig....and I'm certainly open to the argument that it should be TMM.
I think that's certainly right - just SJ has not been good and has been hurt, TMM has been good then TMM... Not sure what the right call is, but it's his to make. Metcalf is getting there? I'd like him at 6 and CHT at 14, I think

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Listening to SENZ on the way to and from work, this game is all but over apparently, Warriors to win comfortably by at least 20-30 points

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Listening to SENZ on the way to and from work, this game is all but over apparently, Warriors to win comfortably by at least 20-30 points
The Eels are a basket case presently. The last time they won was May, and the time before that was second week of April. They haven't won a single game away this year. They are equal last. So yeah, we should put them away.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Buy a pie instead. The Eels won two of their first three of the season, and two since then. Woeful. They made a GF two seasons ago...I guess we know all about that fall from grace
Have won plenty of money over the years on the simple theory of if the Warriors opposition are paying over $3 back them, and vice versa of the Warriors are over $3
I think the Warriors will win, but when the Titans came over winless on Anzac Day that was meant to be a bye for the Warriors as well

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, because the Warriors have looked sooo good recently

if Moses was a playing I’d go with 12+ the other way. With them missing sone stars, it’s 50:50 imo, the Tigpies performance was woeful with a couple of exceptions

Brian potter

First Grade
Warriors should and I think(famous last words) will win comfortably but if not the one positive could be with the season over and nothing to play for could see the youngsters like Laban, maiu’u and sifakula getting more starts and playing more minutes as well as tuapiki and MGT.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Have won plenty of money over the years on the simple theory of if the Warriors opposition are paying over $3 back them, and vice versa of the Warriors are over $3
I think the Warriors will win, but when the Titans came over winless on Anzac Day that was meant to be a bye for the Warriors as well
True, fair points well made.

Without Moses they are an absolute mess. The Titans were a well coached young side with quality just not getting the job done, this Eels side gets spanked most weeks, the club is in complete turmoil and they have very little star quality. If we don't win, it'll be a disgrace