What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights.

Meth

Staff member
Any injuries? How did TL pull up.

1- Lolohea
2- Fusitua
3- Ayshford
4- Kata
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Lillyman
9- Luke
10- Vete
11- Thompson
12- Hoffman
13- Mannering

Res- Matulino, Lisone, Sipley, Tevaga

Meth

Staff member
Big game really. We should win but theres no guarantee with us. Then we play the Roosters with presumably not Fergusson, Cordner or Guerra. Win these two and our season is just about back on track.

jaseg

Juniors
Only change - Hingano in for either TL or Roache. This is the game to debut him, surely.

I'd be tempted to cut Bodene for his ridiculous defensive error for the first Broncos try, but probably give him grace for this week.

Neither will happen though - more likely we'll get Gubb to start or Gavet back in the team or some other weird move...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Only change - Hingano in for either TL or Roache. This is the game to debut him, surely.

I'd be tempted to cut Bodene for his ridiculous defensive error for the first Broncos try, but probably give him grace for this week.

Neither will happen though - more likely we'll get Gubb to start or Gavet back in the team or some other weird move...

I don't mind them rotating Gavet and Gubb for Lisone and Vete- it keeps all our props match fit and gives us more depth in case of injury or form issues.

Agree that Hingano coming in for this game would be good.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Would love to see Hingano for TL if he's injured but I think we can safely say that it would likely be Robbo in

Blair

Coach
As mentioned above I'd love to see the likes of Hingano and Sipley in a Warriors side that's confident and winning big.

I did mention I'd be going to the game but that's off now, there's train trackwork and it's the first day of a long weekend. A logistical nightmare in other words.

vvvrulz

Coach
What a great time to hit the Knights. We're going to rack up a cricket score.
This is the weird part of the season where we suddenly become the talk of the town.

McFad will field the same team, not much to talk about really other than leaving out Leuluai, which will never happen.

Iafeta

Referee
Gee vv, I hope the team aren't thinking like that. If you go in with an air of expectation you can get embarrassed very easily in this competition.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
we were all crying out for selection consistancy now we are all crying out for rotating the props

Not I. The same side, if injuries or lack thereof allows, should be named.

If TL is out, and it's a short-term thing, I'd love to see Hingaro given a go. Knights at their lowest ebb and Roosters at home minus Origin players, that is as good a time as ever. And from what we hear, he's killing it in NSW Cup. This isn't 20s he's dominating, it's senior footy with big bodies. What better time to throw him in mid-year when we have our typical 'oh we actually might fire up now' stage.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
If Leuluai is ruled out and we get Robson, deadset. Cappy can't hide behind off-field dramas should we lose

vvvrulz

Coach
Gee vv, I hope the team aren't thinking like that. If you go in with an air of expectation you can get embarrassed very easily in this competition.

You're right in every case except with the Knights
Poor guys are the only team completely out of their depth

I'll be genuinely shocked if they pull an upset

Rich102

Staff member
I think it is a huge problem the way the NRL runs their programme around the Origin games.

Some teams really benefit, and is this fair? Have Origin on stand-alone weekends or at beginning and end of season.

Let's find the best top eight.

Benek

Juniors
I think it is a huge problem the way the NRL runs their programme around the Origin games.

Some teams really benefit, and is this fair? Have Origin on stand-alone weekends or at beginning and end of season.

Let's find the best top eight.

Yep agree completely. Even though the Warriors always benefit from origin time, I hate how it interrupts the NRL schedule.

They absolutely need to have it on stand-alone weekends. I actually can't believe there isn't enough pressure on the NRL from the good clubs (who are so negatively affected by having players out) to have made this change years ago.

I suppose it's all down to reluctance to lengthen the season, which is already so long when you factor in Nines, post-season international games, etc.

TheDMC

Bench
Yep agree completely. Even though the Warriors always benefit from origin time, I hate how it interrupts the NRL schedule.

They absolutely need to have it on stand-alone weekends. I actually can't believe there isn't enough pressure on the NRL from the good clubs (who are so negatively affected by having players out) to have made this change years ago.

I suppose it's all down to reluctance to lengthen the season, which is already so long when you factor in Nines, post-season international games, etc.

they just need to reduce the NRL rounds by a few.