What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Newcastle ?

eels_fan

First Grade
Robinson
Folau
Hoppa
Taka
Semi

Looks much better and is actually a damn strong backline

Bandwagon

Staff member
Not a fan of Falou on the wing, positioning defending the long kick or bomb has been very poor.

Gronk

Staff member
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 19h19 hours ago
Some potential bright news for @TheParraEels: Semi Radradra and Brad Takarangi both a chance to return this weekend @7NewsSydney @7Sport

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive never been a massive fan of R Morgan however in my opinion he has been one of Parras best since his elevation. Id have him and Taka in the centers if the experiment of Hoppa at fullback continues. Sorry but Folau is not nearly ready for NRL as yet.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Folau is a slug and always out of position on the wing. Considering how much crap Vai got, he is a hell of a lot better player then Folau.

Bigfella

Coach
They really are very similar players.

Both all power with no sophistication.

I'd agree that vai has all of john's upside and less downside. Less sluggish in defense, and unbelievably, less clumsy with his hands.

Gronk

Staff member
At least Vai is prepared to catch the ball in the air. Watching Falou and Hoppa try and catch the high ball flat footed was cringe worthy vs Titans.

Hoppa got smashed taking a high ball flat footed. It's a no brainer for an outside back: take the ball in the air and you're a protected species. Take it flat footed and you're a target for kick chasers.

Chipmunk

Coach
They really are very similar players.

Both all power with no sophistication.

I'd agree that vai has all of john's upside and less downside. Less sluggish in defense, and unbelievably, less clumsy with his hands.

Toutai is less clumsy with his hands than Folau?