What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Panthers- Trial 2

Meth

Staff member
VODAFONE WARRIORS
22 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
25 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
14 ELIJAH TAYLOR
10 BEN MATULINO
16 BEN HENRY
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 FELETI MATEO
Interchange:
1 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
17 PITA GODINET
18 ALEHANA MARA
21 NGANI LAUMAPE
9 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
20 SAM LOUSI
23 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
26 JOHN PALAVI
27 GLEN FISIIAHI
11 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO
24 STEVE RAPIRA
5 CHARLIE GUBB

Interesting.

WTF is Taylor doing playing at hooker?

ozbash

Referee
and there you have it..
barring any more injuries, I'd say that's the run on teamlist for rd 1.

the reserves could be anyones guess..

I'm glad Gubb stuck around.

hitro

Juniors
yeah I guess that's the top side apart from Lowrie. Saw the Panthers on the plane from Sydney today, I could recognise any of them apart from L Brown and that trainer guy with the mo

Iafeta

Referee
Saw a couple of Panthers today at Coffee Club in Penrith. Weston's a unit, don't know the other bloke was.

Taylor will be great if the opposition has the ball all game. His defence is really good. However, if you want someone to bring the forwards onto the ball and get the ball fluently to the halves, he's not your man. Unless, that is, a lot has changed in the off season. I'm awaiting for him to really stamp himself in first grade, he's got terrific natural balance and ball skills... at least he did early in his NYC career.

hitro

Juniors
I hope Elijah goes good at hooker. He's got heaps of ticker but is too small for second row. Friend has heaps of ticker too but he's too old

Hench

Juniors
How is Hurrell shaping up?

I read that he came back to training in worse shape than last year. Any truth to that?

ozbash

Referee
Panthers squad for Hamilton

Kevin Kingston
Dean Whare
David Simmons
Sika Manu
Clint Newton
Jeremy Latimore
Wes Naiqama
Lachlan Coote
James Roberts
Nigel Plum
Nathan Smith
Matt Robinson
Brad Tighe
Lewis Brown
Josh Mansour
James Segeyaro
Luke Walsh
Ryan Simpkins
Tim Grant
Sam McKendry
Blake Austin
Tom Humble
Travis Robinson
Mose Masoe
Tom Eisenhuth
Geoff Daniela
Adam Docker

vvvrulz

Coach
Taylor in the past was shocking at hooker, no-look passes or not.

Even stock standard passes completely missed the mark and led to fumbles or the receiver getting nailed by a tackler. I hope he's worked hard on that off-season, Mara unlucky not to get a start.

Otherwise I like the squad.

ozenzud

Juniors
Wasn't there talk that the trials were gunna be on Sky? Does anybody know if it is?

Re Hooker, its bad that in the trials we are struggling to name a player? Mara is a Wellington boy, so been biased toward him, but he is a little "scatty" if I were honest.

Our 9, 7, 6 combination ain't clear to me yet.

Great to see Charlie Gubb from University getting a run. From the warriors.co.nz website he seems to be training up a storm. Looks like great fun this preseason. Better than the endless 400's we used to do in my day....

Meth

Staff member
Taylor in the past was shocking at hooker, no-look passes or not.

Even stock standard passes completely missed the mark and led to fumbles or the receiver getting nailed by a tackler. I hope he's worked hard on that off-season, Mara unlucky not to get a start.

Yep.

No question about his defensive ability. But on attack, he is not the man I want in at dummy half. I can't believe some do. Short memories.

Latest posts