What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Panthers

JJ

Immortal
Ligi Sao about to be named in the team by the sounds of it....Silver linings with Harris and Afoa gone for 6 weeks.
There's no silver lining to losing Harris for up to 6 weeks

Still, with the wingers back and Harris aside pretty good, and a Penrith reserves side I am confident

JJ

Immortal
VODAFONE WARRIORS v PENRITH PANTHERS

7.55pm, Friday, July 6, 2018
Panthers Stadium, Penrith

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 LIGI SAO
17 GERARD BEALE
18 JOSEPH VUNA
20 KARL LAWTON
21 SAM LISONE
22 MASON LINO

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

Blair

Coach

Still, with the wingers back and Harris aside pretty good, and a Penrith reserves side I am confident

No, but if we hang tough whilst they're out we can reach round 23 with Harris, Afoa and Pulu coming back online. That's gotta be good.

In regard to Penrith, I can still hear that Panthers growl from last year (at their stadium it's a sound effect every time they do something good, or the opposition doesn't) and I'm scarred. I might freak out!

sup42

Juniors

A bitter pill yes, but the Warriors are a lesser beast without Sao, than with him.
Our middle has been getting owned. Ligi should have featured in the top seventeen, he was there through our best period, grinding away, doing the grunt work that others seem not as keen for.
A glass half full ?

Either way, Sao should never have fallen behind Tevanga nor the like of Vete or Lisone in the rankings.

So yes in a round about way I am glad he is coming in from the cold after whatever he did to upset the firm.

He is a rough around the edges rugged Utility backrow prop of the kind that our team is leaning towards now (Kearneys preferred forward type).

Pulu will be back before Bunty and Tohu. Ligi and Pulu will push this lot forward a fair way.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
I’d see more point to Lawton taking that bench spot than Beale.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Didn't realise Joe Vuna was so close to a FG spot.. What is his true position? I've seen him named in the forwards and the backs in ISP this year

TheDMC

Bench
really? Without any firm comparisons, I'd say we've done it pretty tough

Done it pretty tough in terms of key players being injured, but lucky that mostly haven’t been season ending or too long...(although this latest bunty and Harris situation is rough). Meanwhile I think the dragons are still injury free which is unbelievable. Fingers crossed come the finals we somehow have all players on deck as that would give us a shot of going deep.

JJ

Immortal
Was thinking Penrith, Manly, Newcastle, they've been hit really badly I think

We've been about par, I think, obviously Dragons have had it really good

OldPanther

Coach

Was thinking Penrith, Manly, Newcastle, they've been hit really badly I think

We've been about par, I think, obviously Dragons have had it really good

We had to get special permission to be able to use development players so we could name a full list on Tuesdays for a few weeks there. I assure you Warriors haven't come close to us in terms of injuries.

Good luck guys and hope it's an entertaining game.

Meth

Staff member
We had to get special permission to be able to use development players so we could name a full list on Tuesdays for a few weeks there. I assure you Warriors haven't come close to us in terms of injuries.

Good luck guys and hope it's an entertaining game.

Yep, there are teams (like you) who have done it tougher.