What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Rorters

Steve Austin

Juniors
Wade McKinnon, Lote Tuqiri, Blake Ayshford, Mitch Brown, Beau Ryan, Benji Marshall, Robert Lui, Todd Payten, Robbie Farah, Keith Galloway, Liam Fulton, Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington.

Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Geoff Daniela, Simon Dwyer, Bryce Gibbs

The first 20 will be incredibly intense & quick,i would be inclined to start with Gibbs for his defensive qualities.He always seems to be there to clean up when there is no one else around.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both sides:

Wests Tigers: Wade McKinnon, Lote Tuqiri, Blake Ayshford, Mitch Brown, Beau Ryan, Benji Marshall, Robert Lui, Todd Payten, Robbie Farah, Keith Galloway, Liam Fulton, Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington. Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Geoff Daniela, Simon Dwyer, Bryce Gibbs.

Sydney Roosters: Anthony Minichiello, Phil Graham, Kane Linnett, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Sam Perrett, Todd Carney, Mitchell Pearce, Jason Ryles, Jake Friend, Frank Paul Nuuausala, Braith Anasta (c), Mitchell Aubusson, Nate Myles. Interchange from: Martin Kennedy, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Daniel Conn, Joseph Leilua, James Aubusson, Lopini Paea, Mose Masoe.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Reckon McKinnon must be iffy- going on past few weeks. Maybe better to look at Brown to fullback, Daniella to centre and McKinnon to interchange to see how he goes. Still. on paper and the stats show we should do better than Roosters and finish them off. Then again, on the day who knows. Just hope its a good match.

Bubbles- any word from the little birdy?

alien

Referee
Reckon McKinnon must be iffy- going on past few weeks. Maybe better to look at Brown to fullback, Daniella to centre and McKinnon to interchange to see how he goes. Still. on paper and the stats show we should do better than Roosters and finish them off. Then again, on the day who knows. Just hope its a good match.

Bubbles- any word from the little birdy?

I hate it when Bubbles gets a visit from the little birdy! :(

If McKinnon doesn't play I just hope he isn't replaced by Meaney #-o

I would rather see Rhys Pritchard get a go. He has been one of the best players in the NSW Cup for quite a while now. He can play fullback, wing, centre, and he has even played five-eighth. He is quick, elusive and he runs the ball back hard! And he always scores tries! :)

Brown has improved. Earlier in the year he was terrible under the high ball and his defense was bad but he is improving. :cool:

Last edited:
I hate it when Bubbles gets a visit from the little birdy! :(

If McKinnon doesn't play I just hope he isn't replaced by Meaney or Fitzy.#-o

I would rather see Rhys Pritchard get a go. He has been one of the best players in the NSW Cup for quite a while now. He can play fullback, wing, centre, and he has even played five-eighth. He is quick, elusive and he runs the ball back hard! And he always scores tries! :)

Brown has improved. Earlier in the year he was terrible under the high ball and his defense was bad but he is improving. :cool:

Gentlemen and Ladies,

The bird has indeed visited the house of Bubbles.

McKinnon is out
Brown to fullback
Daniela to centre

The bench spot will either go to Murdoch - Masila / Flanagan / Fitzhenry

Thanks and good luck

Bubbles is nervous.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Not surprised with McKinnon nor the reshuffle.

I'd go with Flanagan as the interchange replacement. He's now got experience and is better than Fitz. Surely, it would be madness to throw Murdoch-Masila into the lions den for such a critical match

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I disagree to be honest.

I certainly haven't seen a lot of the kid but I'd rather pump him up all week and have him get out there and go full steam for as long as he can rather than the pedestrian play of Flano or the detrimental play of Fitzy. The fourth bench spot is only ever used by Sheens for 5-10 minutes at the end of the game and a kid like this could be a real game-breaker.

Edit: Failing BMM, then definitely Flanagan.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I disagree to be honest.

I certainly haven't seen a lot of the kid but I'd rather pump him up all week and have him get out there and go full steam for as long as he can rather than the pedestrian play of Flano or the detrimental play of Fitzy. The fourth bench spot is only ever used by Sheens for 5-10 minutes at the end of the game and a kid like this could be a real game-breaker.

Edit: Failing BMM, then definitely Flanagan.

Agree with this, that last bench spot plays 10-15 at most. Why not give him a go.

As long as its not Fitzy...

Perth Tiger

Bench
Has there been a game all year where Sheens hasn't had a back on the bench?

Although I am praying for no fitzy I can't see Sheens not naming him

Bricey

Juniors
will the roosters go in a little over confidant because of thier record against us this year, and the fact of carney winning the DallyM and Smith the coach of the year respectively?

If fulton and gibbs both play, I think we will have the muscle up front to get over the advantage line constantly and give the halves the platform they need

As bubble said, nervous, but confidant....

alien

Referee
Good to see Daniela is back. Looking forward to see how he goes. He is very quick. It was only his defense that I was worried about but he seems to be a better defender these days.

alien

Referee
i dont think we should have signed mckinnon for 2 years. he doesnt look as fast as he used to be, maybe because of the injuries he has had. and he is always injured. i hope we are only paying him a minimum wage but it will probably be around $200,000 for the 2 years. also we signed cayless (another injury prone player) for 2 years but i think he is finished. i think topou is injured again too but he might play this weekend. he is on an extended balmain ryde eastwood bench.

Last edited: