What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Moltzen, Tuquiri, Ayshford, Utai, Ryan, Marshall, Lui, Gibbs, Farah, Galloway, Fulton, Ellis, Heighington, subs Brown, Groat, Woods, Flanagan

magpie guy

Juniors
Hmmm...no Todd Payten. Is he injured again? He has done some great service for the club but it would be hard to pick him in finals games if fit considering he has only been able to finish like 3 games this season.

Calf strain for Toddy, 2-3 more weeks.
well, perhaps he won't be back then?

3 weeks gives the 3 bench warmers a chance to cement their places assuming we are still there in 3 weeks. Would not risk bringing him back then for games that become so very very important.

Club needs to organise a big fan day so they can say thankyou and farewell to Todd and Bryce.

Could even invite Fifita :p and Wade :lol:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Calf strain for Toddy, 2-3 more weeks.
As much as I felt we missed him against the Dragons last year, there's no way I'd play him again after he's missed 90% of season 2011, and his 15 minute cameos over the past month or so just confirm how far off the pace he is.

Thanks for the efforts Todd.

Matchball

Bench
Under the lights at Shark park always has me worried no matter how much the Sharks huff dongs.
If Lawrence is fit, he needs some match time before the finals.

Any chance of his late inclusion?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence played.

Actually I reckon Lawrence is more chance of playing for the Tigers this weekend, than Collis is (and Collis has been named)

If Collis played everytime he was listed by Sharks, he'd be up to 50 career games for them by now.

What Toddy does provide is chat and confidence to the younger boys, I know for a fact that young Woods absolutely loves him.

Radical Rat

Juniors
What Toddy does provide is chat and confidence to the younger boys, I know for a fact that young Woods absolutely loves him.

Maybe so but he is well off the pace at the moment. I thought Groat was outstanding last week. I love the guy but I can't see him replacing Woods or Groat atm.

Also I notice it hasn't been spoken of (not that i've seen anyway), but did anyone else notice Lui finally putting his body on the line in defence? I counted numerous times where he went low with his whole body rather than his usual feeble jumper grab. Was great to see.

Perth Tiger

Bench
\

Can we used him as the waterboy ala Alfie Langer for the finals? He seems to be on the field more than some of the bronco forwards :sarcasm:

Easy then, let him sit on the bench and offer the chat and the encouragement to Woods, Groat & Flanagan before they run on and when they are replaced. Wire him up and let him be the go between between those guys and Scando.

Can we used him as the waterboy ala Alfie Langer for the finals? He seems to be on the field more than some of the bronco forwards
Scando would be fitter than Todd at the moment.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Maybe so but he is well off the pace at the moment. I thought Groat was outstanding last week. I love the guy but I can't see him replacing Woods or Groat atm.

Also I notice it hasn't been spoken of (not that i've seen anyway), but did anyone else notice Lui finally putting his body on the line in defence? I counted numerous times where he went low with his whole body rather than his usual feeble jumper grab. Was great to see.

Lui's defensive efforts didn't go unnoticed by me.....at least now he is a speed hump instead of being completely MIA in defence......positive signs

I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence played.

Actually I reckon Lawrence is more chance of playing for the Tigers this weekend, than Collis is (and Collis has been named)

If Collis played everytime he was listed by Sharks, he'd be up to 50 career games for them by now.
What about Luke Covell?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we can compete in the forwards with the Sharks, then I don't really give a shit about the result.

Say what you like the Sharks, but their forward packs is immense and has been the sole reason the Sharks win games and nothing else.

I don't think there's a pack in the top 8 that is better than the Sharks pack.

We need to go toe-to-toe with their forwards. If you ask me, this game will be a very good test before the finals. If our packs stands up, we'll go deep into the finals.

If it gets dominated and we have to rely on the backs to win us the game, we'll struggle.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Big test for Woods and Groat, coming up against two very good props in Snowden and (particularly) Douglas. Gibbs being back should help out around the middle but whether he's got the juice in his legs in another thing. Am hoping for another strong defensive showing and that should take care of the result.

If we can compete in the forwards with the Sharks, then I don't really give a shit about the result.

Say what you like the Sharks, but their forward packs is immense and has been the sole reason the Sharks win games and nothing else.

I don't think there's a pack in the top 8 that is better than the Sharks pack.

We need to go toe-to-toe with their forwards. If you ask me, this game will be a very good test before the finals. If our packs stands up, we'll go deep into the finals.

If it gets dominated and we have to rely on the backs to win us the game, we'll struggle.

I agree that Sharks have a top class pack, but they don't have the best one. Dragons, Broncos, Tigers spring to mind.

Latest posts