What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

sup42

Juniors
Our seniors really have to stand up here and protect all the noobs.
Especially Kosi. Roger must watch that edge. forget the middles on our try line. Dallin cannot afford to shoot up out of the line, these new centers are not used to that in cup.

Hopefully we spread the ball this week and use the extra strike power we have on our edges in the two young centers. take it to the Tigers direct in the middle then laterally with fast shifts to the Centers with Leka as a wide running threat coming back on the inside.

Really looking forward to seeing our Center pairing, the future of the back line out there.

We have the strike now to go left and right and keep putting the Tigers on the back foot. Cannot wait for the game. If it were up to me I would be letting the reigns off.
Roger has never been the fullback to race up in support for long range try movements, he needs to do that with all this firepower we are rolling out. If we had Metcalf fit it would be a very interesting attack this week.

We ain't got much else. look at the centre pairing, they've got what, 4 games total between them? At least the pack is steady this week.
Yea man that left side especially is green as hell.
At least Capewell is on that edge as well but he’s going to be busy keeping tabs on the youngsters.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Dallin cannot afford to shoot up out of the line, these new centers are not used to that in cup.
If there was a Dallin walking, talking figurine, it would randomly shoot off from where it is for no real reason...that's something he does as a factory setting. I love the guy but he is a woeful defender - I got called out for it at the start of the year, but I feel as if I was vindicated that he hasn't been the wonderful finishing presence this year but his defense is really sub-par. Tigers will know that, too.

sup42

Juniors
Have to remind myself this week not to fall into the trap of expecting a win against the worst team in the comp.

We have another B team rolling out this week, and not just that we have a rebuild halves pairing running the show. In a competition where any club can roll any other club on their day, nothing is given about the result in this one.

We can only afford one loss now, which you would not want to be the Tigers when we have to play Manly, the Eels and the Sharks (Dolphins too they are resurgent and no laughing matter).

If we lose I hope Webster uses the Abacus to work out that the blooding of NSW cup players should start in earnest for the rest of the season. Drop this game Warriors.....you might as well play the future rebuild side for the rest of the season, I would enjoy that, it would take the sting out of it for me as a purist.

I have so much faith and expectation around people like Leka, Ali, MGT and other Juniors as not seen thus far that I would still be all in from a viewers perspective if the finals are gone provided we get new blood to cheer on.

Have to remind myself this week not to fall into the trap of expecting a win against the worst team in the comp.

We have another B team rolling out this week, and not just that we have a rebuild halves pairing running the show. In a competition where any club can roll any other club on their day, nothing is given about the result in this one.

We can only afford one loss now, which you would not want to be the Tigers when we have to play Manly, the Eels and the Sharks (Dolphins too they are resurgent and no laughing matter).

If we lose I hope Webster uses the Abacus to work out that the blooding of NSW cup players should start in earnest for the rest of the season. Drop this game Warriors.....you might as well play the future rebuild side for the rest of the season, I would enjoy that, it would take the sting out of it for me as a purist.

I have so much faith and expectation around people like Leka, Ali, MGT and other Juniors as not seen thus far that I would still be all in from a viewers perspective if the finals are gone provided we get new blood to cheer on.
Plus we have to face the Dogs again too. It's a tough run home for sure.

sup42

Juniors
Plus we have to face the Dogs again too. It's a tough run home for sure.
Yeah good call on the Dogs they are a decent team. I did not mention them because I am expecting a motivated Warriors seeking revenge to get over the top of them. Every game is do or die from here and hard by definition.
We should rightly expect a Ref molestation from here, because it is what has defined this season for the Warriors.

Webster will not have given up already which is why I hope he sees the writing on the wall if we drop this one to the Tigers and he pulls the switch by picking a new line up to end the season *especially since his mega stars Johnson, Fonua Blake, and RTS have been a flop.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
Setu Tu 18th man, Sifakula 19th. Is Tu going to make his debut?
It has become a thing hey.

Webster does this part well, keeping the media and the hype away from his children.

I hope he does. His defence is a bit suspect, having said that it is an experience thing not a lack of heart, dude has some highlights of putting in massive shots on bigger players.

If Setu plays we will have our fastest backline in a long time, especially with DWZ on the other wing. Hopefully Roger does not over play his hand in the attack and floats out the back....let these kids have open shot at a jumper.

Izz

Bench
Yeah I hope he does, too, though now I'm wondering if DWZ is actually hurt/concussed and if Tu will come in for him.

Despite knowing better, I'm getting a bit excited for this one lol

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Currently 7 backs out injured, including 5 of our starting 7. We've got used to it, but shouldn't overlook what @sup42 says about us basically playing with our B team in a lot of respects. We have played a chunk of the season with all 3 spine players in the backline out, for one thing.

Our injured backline FWIW

1. CNK
2. Montoya
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Tuaupiki
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson

sup42

Juniors
Currently 7 backs out injured, including 5 of our starting 7. We've got used to it, but shouldn't overlook what @sup42 says about us basically playing with our B team in a lot of respects. We have played a chunk of the season with all 3 spine players in the backline out, for one thing.

Our injured backline FWIW

1. CNK
2. Montoya
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Tuaupiki
6. Metcalf
7. Johnson

At the start of this season were we playing the Tigers in round one with those outs we would be bracing for the possibility of a big hiding. Certainly we would see beating the Tigers or any team no matter how bad as monumental (before we became jaded by the inconsistency and let down of many games, now many fans are rightly angry and want no excuses, I understand that line of thinking).

Thanks for putting that list on paper, on paper we are massive underdogs tonight, banking on the Tigers being horrible is not good game strategy, they are capable of rising like any spoon team in NRL season and embarrassing you if they think they are a chance before kick off.

To balance that out if you are not wanting half full glasses, the Tigers have their own outs of course and bigger problems off field that we do.

Should technically be an even contest, and it should in theory (only) be a hard fought game by two outfits under siege looking for some pride.