What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team versus Titans

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just saw the team for the game versus the Titans, put Brown into centre and Utai to the bench and it is about the best we can do. Looks OK.

stompin

Juniors
Just saw the team for the game versus the Titans, put Brown into centre and Utai to the bench and it is about the best we can do. Looks OK.

I think we should put Beau Ryan in the centres, and Matt Utai on the right wing. Beau plays some really crafty football in the centres and Utai getting low and driving coming out of our own end is something we need at the moment.

Mitch Brown off the bench I like.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tim Moltzen 1 FULLBACK
Beau Ryan 2 WING
Blake Ayshford 3 CENTRE
Matt Utai 4 CENTRE
Lote Tuqiri 5 WING
Benji Marshall 6 FIVE-EIGHTH
Robert Lui 7 HALFBACK
Bryce Gibbs 8 PROP
Robbie Farah (c) 9 HOOKER
Keith Galloway 10 PROP
Liam Fulton 11 SECOND ROW
Gareth Ellis 12 SECOND ROW
Chris Heighington 13 LOCK
Mitch Brown 14 INTERCHANGE
Todd Payten 15 INTERCHANGE
Matt Groat 16 INTERCHANGE
Aaron Woods 17 INTERCHANGE

Pretty good team - I think Sheens is basically saying Utai moves out when Lawrence comes back and that (for once) is the best option.

Tim Moltzen 1 FULLBACK
Beau Ryan 2 WING
Blake Ayshford 3 CENTRE
Matt Utai 4 CENTRE
Lote Tuqiri 5 WING
Benji Marshall 6 FIVE-EIGHTH
Robert Lui 7 HALFBACK
Bryce Gibbs 8 PROP
Robbie Farah (c) 9 HOOKER
Keith Galloway 10 PROP
Liam Fulton 11 SECOND ROW
Gareth Ellis 12 SECOND ROW
Chris Heighington 13 LOCK
Mitch Brown 14 INTERCHANGE
Todd Payten 15 INTERCHANGE
Matt Groat 16 INTERCHANGE
Aaron Woods 17 INTERCHANGE

Pretty good team - I think Sheens is basically saying Utai moves out when Lawrence comes back and that (for once) is the best option.

I think it shows how valued Utard's runs out of our danger end are. And it means he's isolated less often as on the wing and therefore not able to make massive clangers which he is so capable of. Would have him at Nr. 14 and Brown in the centres.

Tigerm

Coach
I think it shows how valued Utard's runs out of our danger end are. And it means he's isolated less often as on the wing and therefore not able to make massive clangers which he is so capable of. Would have him at Nr. 14 and Brown in the centres.
Totally agree, Brown must definately be on the outer? The other interesting one is McKinnon not playing?

I simply thought it was the 1st of April.

Then thought of a few why's and what if's.

What if Lui leaves the field with 20 to go? Moltzen to 7 & Brown to 1 - so it shows how important Brown is.

What if Utai does not work at all, even though he will not be as isolated as he has been on the wing? - Brown to centre & it shows how important Brown is now.

But why not just give Brown the game time he needs coming up to the important part of the season and hope, we have more than 3 games to go?
What if young CL doesn't come back in game 1 of the semi's? I would have preferred it if we had the same centre (Brown) for what, 5 games by then?

You know, if it ain't broke, don't fixit - and at the momemnt because of CL being out, it does not need fixing.

Interesting selections.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought Lote played on the other wing.

I'd rather Lote in his preferred position than Ryan.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given Utai's poor performances over the last 3 weeks (most notably) I can't see why our backline isn't

2 - Tuqiri
3 - Ayshford
4 - Brown
5 - Ryan

macnaz

Staff member
Shines wants more of Utards no look no idea under his legs passes..so put him in the centres to give him more oppurtunities. But seriously why would u put him ahead of brown.

Shines wants more of Utards no look no idea under his legs passes..so put him in the centres to give him more oppurtunities. But seriously why would u put him ahead of brown.

Can only assume there is a personality clash there. Brown has been our most consistent back the last two years, barely made a mistake and done the job asked of him at fullback, wing or centre very solidly without being spectacular.

Brown has every right to feel let down and want to seek out another club. Won't have trouble getting another gig after his last two years here.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Shines and a personality clash?

Would never happen as Shines always has the best interests of the club at heart and would never brush a player over a petty grudge....

super_coach

First Grade
You have wonder what Brown has to do, big strong and consistent what else could you want. Utai on the other hand anything could happen

macnaz

Staff member
You have wonder what Brown has to do, big strong and consistent what else could you want. Utai on the other hand anything could happen
I f**king give up.... its like this dick wants to handicap the side every week.. Yeah ok we will most probly win and the whole world will still think the Fonz has a friggin clue BUT we could have won far easier IF he'd pick guys that should have been picked . It just goes on year after f**king year, this winning games caper shouldnt be as hard as he continualy makes it. Thank f**k we have Benji an CO to get us over the line time an time again.

Last edited:

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
From NRL.com
Late Mail: Lote Tuqiri is almost certain to start after recovering from a quad injury. Bryce Gibbs is in doubt after suffering a gash to his knee last week.

Gibbs would be a huge loss, but something we must adjust to going forward into next year unfortunately.

N.C.

Juniors
Can only assume there is a personality clash there. Brown has been our most consistent back the last two years, barely made a mistake and done the job asked of him at fullback, wing or centre very solidly without being spectacular.

Brown has every right to feel let down and want to seek out another club. Won't have trouble getting another gig after his last two years here.
Far out mate that's a big call... But I think you might've mistaken him for Ayshford or Ryan, depending on which game you last watched a replay of...

Mader45

Juniors
Far out mate that's a big call... But I think you might've mistaken him for Ayshford or Ryan, depending on which game you last watched a replay of...

What about Lawrence? Even with a broken hip and jaw and hammie issue, the dude kills it whenever on the field.

Latest posts