What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cows

Scott

Bench
Lance
Solomona
Tate
Fai
Kirk
Fein
Ravs
Wiki
Hendo
Price
Mannering
Swann
Luck

as per Radio Sport

didn't hear the bench.....

Scott

Bench
he's on the bench. And bloody lucky to be so imo.

He'll hopefully provide an impact when he gets on.

Great to see Fai in the centres. That's his position for the next 18 months or so.

Scott

Bench
wow, was worried there for a minute.

Ives must be telling him something.

Something along the lines of "get your sh*t together''. It worked with Ravs, touch wood.

Witt to drop off the bench for mine.

Big crowd would be good to honour Wiki. Shame he didn't play his 300th at home, but it's a good opportunity to get out and congratulate him. I'll be there.

Rich102

Staff member
Actually, after thinking about it, what's the point in putting JRo on the bench? Is he going to give Henderson a spell?
Witty still on the outer. Boy, Rovelli sure must make a good job of Ivan's lawns.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
There is no point of having Ropati on the bench. The only position he is going to come onto play is centre and we have seen how his defense at centre has been lately. I don't see him playing hooker or in the pack. Waste of a bench spot.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Just like that time he had Shortland on the bench and didn't use him or when Ah Van was on the bench and got about 10 minutes.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I may be wrong, wasn't paying 100% attention to it, but i am pretty sure the bench was

Tuimavave
Rapira
Lauaki
Witt

If Ropati has been dropped, does this mean Ivan is finally showing some nads ??? Dropping his 10 strikes and your out policy down to 3

Micistm

Bench
Surely Witt deserves a spot in the side over Ravs.

Completely agree. This Ravs adoration thing just has me baffled. One single game and he's the darling again?! I do not understand what Witt has done thats put him on such the outer. IMO Witt at 6, Fein 7, Hendo 9, and Ravs off the bench to fill in

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Team I would have gone for

Hohaia
Kirk
Tate
Fai
Solomona
Witt
Fien
Wiki
Henderson
Price
Mannering
Swann
Luck

Rovelli
Tuimavave
Mautalino
Rapira

Fast Eddie

First Grade
www.warriors.co.nz

PRICE AND TATE BACK TO MARK WIKI'S 300-GAME ACHIEVEMENT IN FRONT OF HOME FANS

Ruben Wiki’s 300-game achievement will be a focal point when the Vodafone Warriors face North Queensland in their 18th-round NRL clash at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night.
And helping him mark the feat in front of home fans for the first time will be the 35-year-old Wiki’s club team-mates Steve Price and Brent Tate, who return to the side after helping Queensland to its 2-1 State of Origin series success last week.
They were both absent for the clash against Wests Tigers when the former Kiwi captain became the first New Zealander and only the 10th player in the competition’s history to appear in 300 first-grade games.
Price and Wiki will resume their partnership in the front row while Tate teams up with 20-year-old Sonny Fai in a new-look centres partnership. Fai played the entire 80 minutes there against the Tigers, scoring one try himself and making a long break to create Lance Hohaia’s second half try.
With his retention and Tate’s return, the seasoned Jerome Ropati has been named on a five-man bench. Also included on the bench are prop Sam Rapira – making way for Price’s return – Evarn Tuimavave, Ben Matulino and standoff Michael Witt.
Apart from Price and Tate slotting into their regular positions, the starting line-up is the same as that used against Wests Tigers with Grant Rovelli at halfback, Nathan Fien at standoff and Simon Mannering in the second row.
“We had an important win at Leichhardt Oval and it was great to see Ruben honoured the way he was for reaching 300 games,” said Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary.
“It’s a great achievement and our fans have the chance on Saturday night to celebrate the feat. We’d love to see as many people there as possible to honour Ruben.”
Winger Manu Vatuvei hasn’t yet fully recovered from a leg injury. He wasn’t considered for this game. His fitness will be reassessed ahead of next week’s away clash against the Bulldogs.
VODAFONE WARRIORS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
7.30pm, Saturday, July 12
VODAFONE WARRIORS
LANCE HOHAIA
MALO SOLOMONA
BRENT TATE
SONNY FAI
AIDAN KIRK
NATHAN FIEN
GRANT ROVELLI
RUBEN WIKI (vc)
IAN HENDERSON
STEVE PRICE (c)
SIMON MANNERING
LOGAN SWANN
MICHEAL LUCK

Interchange:
JEROME ROPATI
EVARN TUIMAVAVE
SAM RAPIRA
BEN MATULINO
MICHAEL WITT
COACH: IVAN CLEARY

WarriorsRock

Juniors
Dont have a clue whats going on with Witt. Must be falling out with Cleary or something. Nervous about this game the Cowboys always seem to beat us.

Latest posts