What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cows

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
How good would SJ go outside Cronk?

Well if he was not having a sook because he was not wearing Staceys no7

Rich102

Staff member
How good would SJ go outside Cronk?

Well if he was not having a sook because he was not wearing Staceys no7

But it would have to be behind the Storm pack, not ours.

Also how good would Mannering go in the Storm pack?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
But it would have to be behind the Storm pack, not ours.

Also how good would Mannering go in the Storm pack?

I think Mannering is one of those rare players who'd go pretty much the same anywhere. Though I could see him scoring more tries running into gaps on the edges if he was playing for a Storm type team. Would probably end up with a Menzies like tryscoring record.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Where was this confirmed?

Only thing I've seen is over on the 'other' forum. I lurk there occasionally rather than post. The Moderator who sucks up to the players for Jerseys and is up himself is saying that someone will debut on Sat because Gavet is out. Or heavily implying it at least. That's after someone else beat him to the punch first. No word of a broken arm though. Just the existing forearm injury isn't doing well.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Chris Satae was named as the 3 in the outer squad so looks likely to get a run. Solid prop that goes good in ISP.
Sipleys overlooked again

Down to Pat and Satae for opportunities the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned. Tof is going. It's not like he's an experienced hard head who can bring value to the team now. Good luck to him at Manly and all, but 'que sera'

PhantomChief

Juniors
Only thing I've seen is over on the 'other' forum. I lurk there occasionally rather than post. The Moderator who sucks up to the players for Jerseys and is up himself is saying that someone will debut on Sat because Gavet is out. Or heavily implying it at least. That's after someone else beat him to the punch first. No word of a broken arm though. Just the existing forearm injury isn't doing well.

I was at Mt Smart Wed night and the talk then was he'd broken it at training. Injured initially in the Panthers game then broke outright in training run.

Highly unlikely he'll be back Warriors strip this year. Most likely Satae - thankfully Cows won't know much about him other than scant reports and occasional footage.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I was at Mt Smart Wed night and the talk then was he'd broken it at training. Injured initially in the Panthers game then broke outright in training run.

Highly unlikely he'll be back Warriors strip this year. Most likely Satae - thankfully Cows won't know much about him other than scant reports and occasional footage.

Satae is still raw but I feel like he has overtaken P Sipley as the form prop in ISP. It's a good move to blood him if Gavet is gone. Seems like he has been getting good minutes in Isp to get him ready for next year.

It actually makes me excited to watch the game if we get a glimpse at a potential front row saviour for next year.

Last edited:

PhantomChief

Juniors
[Injury] Broken arm sidelines Gavet
Richard Becht | Image: www.photosport.nz

Sat 22nd July, 04:22PM

1500697618375.jpg;pv220d0eaf3d895e43

James Gavet. Vodafone Warriors v Penrith Panthers, Round 19 of the 2017 NRL Rugby League Premiership season at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand. 14 July 2017. Copyright photo: Renee McKay / www.photosport.nz

Prop James Gavet has added to the Vodafone Warriors’ injury concerns following confirmation he’ll be sidelined for up to six weeks with a broken arm.

No break was evident in x-rays after he injured his right arm in Friday night’s match against Penrith.

However, further x-rays showed a fracture in the radius after Gavet reinjured his arm at training on Wednesday.

He joins a casualty list which includes Shaun Johnson (knee), Ryan Hoffman (foot), Albert Vete (arm), Charlie Gubb (hernia) and Nathaniel Roache (hamstring).

With Gavet out, Tongan-born Chris Satae will make his NRL debut as Vodafone Warrior #219 in tonight’s 20th-round match against North Queensland in Townsville.

The 192cm, 115kg Satae (24), who played at NYC level for Penrith in 2012, has been impressive for the Vodafone Warriors’ Intrust Super Premiership side this season. He made 151 metres from 15 runs in Saturday’s 28-14 win against Illawarra.

Initially with the Glenora Bears after returning home from his stint with the Panthers, he then switched to the Point Chevalier Pirates.

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/07/22/broken_arm_sidelines.html

PhantomChief

Juniors
Satae eats big metres, it's defense I'm slightly concerned with.

Hoping he's a revelation tonight! Vete, him and Gubb out leaves our propping stocks really thin.

Cows will be targeting Lino and him.

jaseg

Juniors
After the first third of the year Satae's defence was the thing I was specifically concerned about (he looked very promising otherwise). But since then his defence has been very good - an absolutely stunning turnaround.

Hopefully that improvement sticks - because we'll desperately need him next year, given our 'recruitment' work over the last 18 months. Not that SK will likely play him (or give him any sort of minutes...) unless given no other options...

Latest posts