What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v's Dogs

Pika

Bench
Mark T at lock is good to see.

Soon as Nadira checks in, Hilder to 13 and Mark to the prop rotation giving us a three prop bench.

Fuss
Tolar
Mark T
Taia

Great bench leading into the later stages of each half.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Love the look of the bench and the forwards. Not too sure about the backs though ...

Backline could swing either way......

Also RE our halves, I just hope if Mullo/Dureau are average for the first couple of weeks Stone doesnt panic and gives them 4-5 weeks to settle in.

Frederick

Staff member
Love the look of the bench and the forwards. Not too sure about the backs though ...
Kidley is the only component missing from that backline...it's still a damn good set of backs, apart from the halfback.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We may not have a premiership winning halfback, but we've got a premiership winning set of halves ;-)

perverse

Referee
obviously mcmanus in for uate strengthens the team all-round... but unfortunately we have to keep working at uate, because he's signed up long term... and i can't imagine it's for peanuts. we need to turn him into a footballer.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
obviously mcmanus in for uate strengthens the team all-round... but unfortunately we have to keep working at uate, because he's signed up long term... and i can't imagine it's for peanuts. we need to turn him into a footballer.

YEah good point. Mcmanus missing the start of the season may possibly the best thing for the knights in the long run.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm not too sure why so many people dislike Aku. Sure, his reads in defence can be embarrassing at times, but I dare say over time he's going to win us more games than he loses.

If Jimmy has to sit in PL or get turned into a Centre for 2011, which is my prediction if Aku finally starts living up to the hype so be it.

Also reported in todays telegraph, De Gois definately out, got a feeling we wont be seeing him for a while, and personally if it takes a month happy to wait a month if we get him for the year..... 6 months for a knee recon sounds very, very short to me.

Aku needs to stay with Doogs in defence. In short he has to worry about his marking opposite Goodwin and trust Doogs to make the right call in defence which he most often does as opposed to running in blindly to shut the ball down. Aku is a powerful unit and he needs to start wanting to hurt people in defence. His speed will own Goodwin if he gets his angles running on the ball right.

Serc

First Grade
That could be Luke MacDougall, depending on how the Storm line up Yoshy ;-)

BG

Juniors
Ugh. Ndaira?

I had the same reaction.

Only possible excuse for having him on the bench is that he's "sub"-standard. :p

Even off the bench, an occasional touch of flair does not make up for his poor reading of the game, defensive lapses, inconsistent passing and lapses in concentration.

I'd rather see Hilder at hooker for 80 minutes. He might be one-dimensional but we've had some good performances with him in that role before.

roopy

Referee
It's hard to know why Adams didn't get a run as bench hooker.
He has been very impressive in the trials.
The Centurians went backwards when Hilder replaced Adams in the trial.

Pika

Bench
Adams is a fair way off NRL.

I think he has what it takes to get there, but he is not there yet.

When you are at training, under no pressure, and the new guy, you don't ignore the call from Mullen, the shift from Gids, the hand up from Patto, and the shape from the props on the open side to make a blind side run that is not there on your own.....

Adams still does similar regularly at training and did it also at the trials.

Still a way to go.

Latest posts