What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Eels - Rd 1

Juju

Juniors
I actually think we got Inu for pretty cheap, though i have no hard evidence to back that up with.

I dunno if we did, saw him driving into the Albany game and he had a very flash late model BMW.

hitman82

Bench
I dunno if we did, saw him driving into the Albany game and he had a very flash late model BMW.
Probably a leasey. He'd be on around 200k I'd guess... not that my guess means anything but still.
Good price for a back up of his quality, considering Tate was on $400kish

We're almost there! Can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing the Fish. Early prediction - NRL Rookie of the year!

I'll second that mind you their are alot of good young guns coming thru
Fish being one of them
Good luck to him and the boys :)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I know it's the first game of the season and will be a hard tough game blah blah blah but I really want/expect us to win by 10-14, Parra look average on paper and plus some of their fans are pretty arrogant for a team that is pretty sh*t and a club that hasnt won a comp in 20 odd years.....although I wouldn't mind getting that monkey off our back soon too.....

Martli

Coach
Awesome team! Exactly what I would have picked.

Only difference being Mateo at 12 rather than 11.

But I guess you're better off having 1 new combination than 2, and the Mannering>Ropati>Vatuvei link is well established already.

Stoked to see Fish getting his debut already, such an electric player. This will make Inu and Locke realise they have to train and play their absolute guts out in the lower grade in order to force their way into the team. Can only be good for us in the long term.

Hurry up Saturday!!

You wouldn't pick Ukuma Ta'ai? You've changed man....;-)

Martli

Coach
By the way, I am very pleased with this team, except that Ta'ai is not in it. Someone had to miss out though, I guess.

ozbash

Referee
No Fui...

Parramatta Eels v Warriors

1. Jarryd Hayne

2. Luke Burt

3. Chris Walker

4. Ryan Morgan

5. Etu Uaisele

6. Daniel Mortimer

7. Jeff Robson

8. Tim Mannah

9. Casey McGuire

10. Mitchell Allgood

11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)

12. Taniela Lasalo

13. Justin Horo

14. Matt Keating

15. Shane Shackleton

16. Ben Smith

17. Carl Webb

18. Billy Rogers

Coach: Stephen Kearney

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Terrible backline, average forward pack. Will be extremely disappointed if we lose to that side.

boxhead

First Grade
Warriors should rightly be expected to win. It's the weakest Eels team fielded for years.

I really feel 2 players on the rise for us were Ta'ai and Mara, really think Berrigan is lucky to be there. Looking forward to the game

rabbitohbill

Juniors
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Mateo and Berrigan in the pre-season.

I was just comparing it to the likes of the Bunnies, who seem to sign 48 new players every season! :D

Yer, ONE this season, can you believe it:sarcasm:
Whats happened to Tupou lads, wounded or not picked? Inu really has some work ahead

Izz

Bench
Yer, ONE this season, can you believe it:sarcasm:
Whats happened to Tupou lads, wounded or not picked? Inu really has some work ahead
Not picked. The Fish outplayed him in the trials. He's playing for the Vulcan's this weekend.

hitman82

Bench
You wouldn't pick Ukuma Ta'ai? You've changed man....;-)

Plus we don't have anyone else who would have been worth picking for Round 1, except Ukuma for Brown - but Brown offers a wider range of skills I guess. I just like the rampaging Tongan.

I'm just trying to be positive and mature about his tragic non-selection.
Personally I'd pick Ukuma Ta'ai over Brown or Luck any day. Mannering can be our tackle-bot and I'd rather have a huge islander crushing our opposition than a tricky under-weight white guy in Lewis Brown.
Pretty much I expect (and hope) that Ta'ai will just take someone out at training and force his way in through injury. If I was a Warriors second rower I'd be watching my back... :crazy::crazy:

Latest posts